Pine Valley Mule Deer

I know there's not as many deer as there was in the 1980s and early 90s but I also believe if a guy looks hard enough and with some luck, he can get still get the buck he's looking for.
You can say that about any unit in the state. Don’t know that makes it “the best unit in the state” though

I think the way people hunt has changed and truly believe that if time is put in on any unit in utah and with some luck you can kill big deer no matter which unit. That said I think people now days just want a big buck and because one guy kills one they should to. but I hate to break it to them life ain't fair. You have to earn something if you want it

I think the “quotes” were to indicate that is what others suggest, not necessarily what ridge believes.

Bessy, you ought to start looking at ridge’s threads and pics. Guy might actually know what he’s talking about here. Just maybe…

Ridge, you get my message?

I think the “quotes” were to indicate that is what others suggest, not necessarily what ridge believes.

Bessy, you ought to start looking at ridge’s threads and pics. Guy might actually know what he’s talking about here. Just maybe…

I think there might be a man crush going on in this thread ?

Hey Niller!

I Never Said Ridge Didn't Know What He Was Talking About in that Unit!

How Bout Your Bunch This Year Niller?

You Guys Put The SMACK-DOWN on the Big Bucks This Year?

I Honestly Think Even Ridge Might Be Seeing the Deer Herd & The Buck Quality Changing in the places He Hunts!

The Utah Deer Herd SUCKS!

That Might Piss You Off!

Maybe I've Seen More Change Than Most of You?

We went 1 for 3. Passed on some other opportunities. Tried to get on a big one we spotted but he was smarter than we were.

We saw a lot of deer once we figured out where to be.

So Niller?

And I Quote:

"You Seen alot of Deer"

How Many Bucks You Figure You Seen 5 Years of Age or Older?

We went 1 for 3. Passed on some other opportunities. Tried to get on a big one we spotted but he was smarter than we were.

We saw a lot of deer once we figured out where to be.

So Niller?

And I Quote:

"You Seen alot of Deer"

One thing I know about ole Niller, he gets most of his info from the internet, he’s not one to actually put boots on the ground.

So Niller?

And I Quote:

"You Seen alot of Deer"

Maybe 1. He may not have been 5+, and probably wasn’t. But he was the only one that even had a chance of that age class that we saw, and I only saw him for a few seconds.

Cooper shares tons of experiences on here (said nobody ever) and apparently he hates seeing pictures of big deer. For such a whiney @!$&? you’d think he’d like to look at pictures of big deer being killed? Weird…

Maybe 1. He may not have been 5+, and probably wasn’t. But he was the only one that even had a chance of that age class that we saw, and I only saw him for a few seconds.

Cooper shares tons of experiences on here (said nobody ever) and apparently he hates seeing pictures of big deer. For such a whiney @!$&? you’d think he’d like to look at pictures of big deer being killed? Weird…
You didn’t say big deer pics, you said ridge tops pics, next time clarify. It’s 2021 and I’m not judging whatever your into.

You didn’t say big deer pics, you said ridge tops pics, next time clarify. It’s 2021 and I’m not judging whatever your into.

If you were not a total and complete moron you’d know ridgetops has killed big deer that he’s shared pics on this forum. But your curse is that you ARE a complete and total moron. Sucks to be you, I guess.

If you were not a total and complete moron you’d know ridgetops has killed big deer that he’s shared pics on this forum. But your curse is that you ARE a complete and total moron. Sucks to be you, I guess.
Hey be nice little guy, tough day at the office today? Get a fresh tampon and make the rest of the day as good as you can make it

well,
I think the way people hunt has changed and truly believe that if time is put in on any unit in utah and with some luck you can kill big deer no matter which unit. That said I think people now days just want a big buck and because one guy kills one they should to. but I hate to break it to them life ain't fair. You have to earn something if you want it
I wish luck wasn't such a big part of it. I have hiked countless miles, was out more days that I want to count and ended the my second year of dedicated the way I ended my first...with a tag still in my pocket. I wanted something more than a barely forked buck. I wasn't holding out for some monster, just something more than a forkie. Unfortunately, I couldn't even find one of those for my son to shoot during his rifle tag. Someone told me to look at extended archery if I really want to fill my tag, but in my limited research so far, it seems like almost all the property that falls in those areas (especially the areas closest to me) is private.

But Remember!

A Bunch of JOKERS Are Blaming Us Dedicated Hunters as Part of the Problem!

WAFJ!

well,

I wish luck wasn't such a big part of it. I have hiked countless miles, was out more days that I want to count and ended the my second year of dedicated the way I ended my first...with a tag still in my pocket. I wanted something more than a barely forked buck. I wasn't holding out for some monster, just something more than a forkie. Unfortunately, I couldn't even find one of those for my son to shoot during his rifle tag. Someone told me to look at extended archery if I really want to fill my tag, but in my limited research so far, it seems like almost all the property that falls in those areas (especially the areas closest to me) is private.

Just finished my last year of dedicated out there on Halloween. First year I hunted pretty hard over the muzzy and early rifle. Killed the first year day 3 of the early. 2nd year maybe had time to go 2-3 times. This year went out once on muzzy and once on early. And 2 times on the late first time really watched where people were focusing. And shifted a little ways away found a really nice still brown. 2nd time on Halloween made it a point to get further from where the people had been congregating. And found this guy almost immediately didn’t hesitate on an ok 3 point. Really ran out of gas over the last few years trying to hunt.

506214FA-783A-446A-A47B-610E79E6A119.jpeg

5FFCDF5B-6C98-4002-A971-DE22B5BA3DE8.jpeg

75162785-2C3B-4DF5-BF49-43AE12D766DA.jpeg

Just finished my last year of dedicated out there on Halloween. First year I hunted pretty hard over the muzzy and early rifle. Killed the first year day 3 of the early. 2nd year maybe had time to go 2-3 times. This year went out once on muzzy and once on early. And 2 times on the late first time really watched where people were focusing. And shifted a little ways away found a really nice still brown. 2nd time on Halloween made it a point to get further from where the people had been congregating. And found this guy almost immediately didn’t hesitate on an ok 3 point. Really ran out of gas over the last few years trying to hunt.

View attachment 57227

View attachment 57228

View attachment 57229
So you shot that first buck 3 years ago? That thing is awesome! Congrats

Hey Big Stiffy!

You Probably Ate More Deer Meat in Last Nights Meal Than I've Harvested in Years!

There Might Be a Difference in OVER HUNT versus OVER KILL!

You are more than part. You talk about over hunting the resource, but yet you'll over hunt the resource on EVERY hunt.

I have been banking my points since they started in ( 2012 I think ) and have not drawn due to other hunts and thinking some units would get better once they limited the tags, as everyone knows what this ground can produce with limited tags.... At this rate I will be hunting a general tag well into double digit points. It has been really dry last two years which is not helping the situation in southern Utah.

Sounds like a never-ending wait. When you're ready to burn all those points be sure to put in with a group. You might as well benefit your family or buddies with tags..

I have been banking my points since they started in ( 2012 I think ) and have not drawn due to other hunts and thinking some units would get better once they limited the tags, as everyone knows what this ground can produce with limited tags.... At this rate I will be hunting a general tag well into double digit points. It has been really dry last two years which is not helping the situation in southern Utah.
Dry last year, not this year.

funny....utards complain of pine valley quality but nevadans 's get excited for the big utah bucks to migrate into 242....

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom