Pine Valley Pronghorn

O

Outdoorsman51

I have drawn out for the limited entry Pronghorn in the Pine Valley unit. I don't know a lot about the area, except for most of the lope are in the northern part of the unit (looks like this area may be mainly private?). Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. This is my first antelope hunt and looking real forward to it.

LAST EDITED ON May-05-09 AT 09:55AM (MST)[p]What are the boundries for Pine Valley? May be able to help you out.

The boundary is as follows:

Iron and Washing counties ? Boundary begins at I-15 and the Utah-Arizona state line; north on I-15 to SR-56; west on SR-56 to the Lund Highway; northwest along the Lund Highway to the Union Pacific railroad tracks at Lund; southwest on the Union Pacific railroad tracks to the Utah-Nevada state line; south on this state line to the Utah-Arizona state line; east on this state line to I-15.

Any help that you are able to give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time.

Outdoorsman51 There are a lot of good bucks from the antilope springs road off of 56 north to the union pacific RR tracks. My wife drew this permit and she killed a 72" buck right off the road 370 yd 7mm ultra mag

You're gonna love....and I mean LOVE hunting goats! They are becoming my favorite species to hunt. The trick is to make a hunt out of it. If you don't make it a "hunt" it will not be very enjoyable. It'll just be shooting. Spot em, stalk em, belly crawl, get as close as possible without getting busted. That is what makes hunting goats so much of a challenge. They are a fun animal to hunt if you can handle a few....a lot of blown stalks! Have a great time...

Steve

Sorry to get back so late as I've been pretty busy. Thanks for all of the information though. I am from SLC,but Ohio originally so this will be a new experience for me. I received my tag yesterday and can't wait for it to be September 12. I plan to go scouting throughout the summer. And yes, Wiszard, I do plan to make it a hunt. I don't believe in road hunting and I have already bought a pronghorn blind in anticipation of my stalk. Any other words of wisdom that would be helpful. Is alot of this land where they can be found private? Furthermore, can anyone recomend a good camping spot close to the goats. Again, any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

i have a good buck that i could kill in about ten minutes if i had a tag, he is on my dads property at least once a day. he is a good buck so if you cant find anything let me know ill be glad to help you get one on the ground but then its up to you to take care of the stinky bugger, also we are a licensed and insured guide service specializing in phesants and chuckars in the pinevalley unit we also hunt deer, elk, and very good lion hunts with dogs so feel free to contact me at any time good luck. weatherbys rule

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-09 AT 04:37PM (MST)[p]i would focus west of lund hwy south of the rr tracks and north of antelope springs road..there is a sort of butte by its self out there, anywhere in eye shot of that is good lope country...also make sure to watch were your at we have a part of a cwmu for antelope on the north end of the unit there.(you can check dwr for cwmu boundaries its name of cwmu is zane. anyway make sure to stay of there so you dont get into trouble with dwr. anyway there is a lot of private through there but none of it is posted and as long as you respect the property and keep gates closed or the way you found them you will not have any problem! hunt all day antelope are active throughout the day. i seem to see more past 9 am than before. anyway i have never driven on lund hwy and not seen antelope i see a bunch everytime just drivin. sometimes some very good bucks. dont expect to see much over 80 b&c they dont seem to get much bigger than that out there but still nice goats. good binos are a must. and honestly that unit is a better road hunting unit its very open but a blind on water would work great also. antelope look like little white lights/dots from a distance. so watch for that! anyway make sure to kill one there are too many out there!

i have a good buck that i could kill in about ten minutes if i had a tag, he is on my dads property at least once a day. he is a good buck so if you cant find anything let me know ill be glad to help you get one on the ground but then its up to you to take care of the stinky bugger, also we are a licensed and insured guide service specializing in phesants and chuckars in the pinevalley unit we also hunt deer, elk, and very good lion hunts with dogs so feel free to contact me at any time good luck. weatherbys rule
I have this tag this year, was wondering if you had some pointers on where to look. Are you seeing any good goes come onto your property this year?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom