Pine Valley turkey hunting

3TOE

Very Active Member
Just curious to know if the Pine Valley area has a decent turkey population? If so, where would be a good area to start to focus? I’m considering hunting the unit during the general season turkey hunt to learn the area a little. I have a high probability of drawing a deer tag for Pine Valley this year & I thought I could use the time spent in there to do some dual scouting for the potential deer hunt. Thanks in advance!

Turkey hunting used to be great in Pine Valley. I haven't hunted Turkey there for about 15 years though when I moved away. I do still deer hunt that unit time to time. I've deer hunted it the last three years. I haven't seen much for Turkeys the last few years while deer hunting in areas that used to always have them in.

I'm sure you'll find better and more up to date info being added here soon.

Turkey hunting used to be great in Pine Valley. I haven't hunted Turkey there for about 15 years though when I moved away. I do still deer hunt that unit time to time. I've deer hunted it the last three years. I haven't seen much for Turkeys the last few years while deer hunting in areas that used to always have them in.

I'm sure you'll find better and more up to date info being added here soon.
Thanks for the information. You are the second person that has told me that they haven’t seen any birds there lately. I like to turkey hunt East of Beaver. I just thought I could use the turkey season to learn the unit a little and select an area or two to target come deer season. Thanks! ??

Seems like every spring come up with an elaborate story on how you are gonna be in a certain area and ask guys to give you their turkey information as an “excuse” to give you a reason to go check out areas.

just be honest. “I want to hunt this area for turkeys. It’s closer to my home than Boulder or San Juan. Anyone care to give me a good starting point?”

I had the deer tag two years ago, we had turkeys around our camp. Not to far from the town of enterprise.

Dirt road, was that necessary? Is this directed at 3toe or just people in general? This site is going downhill because of a few people that are always negative. 37 posts in you should try to be a better contributor to MM.

We have taken three birds down there (so they are there) but have not hunted it in the last five years. Was a blast calling in my wife's and son's thunder chickens.

Seems like every spring come up with an elaborate story on how you are gonna be in a certain area and ask guys to give you their turkey information as an “excuse” to give you a reason to go check out areas.

just be honest. “I want to hunt this area for turkeys. It’s closer to my home than Boulder or San Juan. Anyone care to give me a good starting point?”
Folks on here like yourself are the very reason that Utah is probably my least favorite state to hunt.

I don’t need any help what so ever killing a bird. I turkey hunt several states every year. It just so happens I can buy an OTC UT tag, drive a few hours from home & I'm hunting.
I simply asked if there was a decent turkey population. TRUE!!! I was “thinking” about hunting the unit for turkey simply because it’s just over the state line. I DO have a great chance at drawing that unit for general deer & that is the only reason I considered turkey hunting Pine Valley. I’ve never stepped foot on the unit & that is why I asked the question. Maybe I’m just old school & still think of my fellow hunters as a brotherhood. I would help out absolutely any guy or gal on here from any state if I knew the area & thought my info would help. I’ve offered up info on NV, UT, MT, WY, OK & MS. I’ve offered to glass & help folks pack out. I would even call a bird in for you if you needed or wanted some help. If you wanted to meet up in MS, I’d even take you out on my personal hunting property. Bottom line is that you don’t know me at all...
Have you NEVER hunted a unit that you didn’t receive intel from a friend, family member, game warden or biologist? If not than you are either a superior hunter to the rest of us or you are just plain dumb not to tap into resources available to you!!!

I had the deer tag two years ago, we had turkeys around our camp. Not to far from the town of enterprise.

Dirt road, was that necessary? Is this directed at 3toe or just people in general? This site is going downhill because of a few people that are always negative. 37 posts in you should try to be a better contributor to MM.
I appreciate it... I applied for the general muzzleloader tag & I have enough points to draw the ALW doe tag as well. I just haven’t decided if I can swing both if I draw here in NV or AZ also. I want to stick with one or two units and learn them. To this point I’ve been jumping all around the state & don’t really know a single unit very well other than Beaver.

I haven’t decided if I will even hit the Pine Valley unit. I will most likely stick with Beaver or even head a little further N, just to the South of Fillmore. I know where those birds generally hang out.

Last edited:
We have taken three birds down there (so they are there) but have not hunted it in the last five years. Was a blast calling in my wife's and son's thunder chickens.
That’s awesome!!! I personally get more out of the hunt when I call a bird in for someone else.
Good luck to you this year if you get out there to chase them. ??

I see fewer turkeys every year. Still some there. Most that I know of are around private, but they tend to come off onto public every day. Good luck!

They have given a lot of fall tags the last few years and it has taken its toll on that flock. There are always a few birds around Pinto that come out of the private up onto the public. I would say there are more birds on Pine Valley than Boulder. The Boulder flock has declined dramatically. Good luck!

They have given a lot of fall tags the last few years and it has taken its toll on that flock. There are always a few birds around Pinto that come out of the private up onto the public. I would say there are more birds on Pine Valley than Boulder. The Boulder flock has declined dramatically. Good luck!
That’s too bad... the birds already have a tough time due to predators & the weather. Maybe the state will cut back on the number of tags for the fall & spring general seasons.
Here in NV they only give out around 100 tags between the junior hunt & the draw. Personally I think they should just close the season for a few years & give the birds a chance to grow in numbers. If NV can only give out 100 tags then the density isn’t very strong in my opinion.

I just got home from the Zions for a week and saw quite a few turkeys.

Driving in that stretch from Cedar city to Nephi was a freaking winter wonderland of snow on I-15.

Robb

Wished I could help ya out, had the pine valley deer tag couple yrs ago but couldn’t make the hunt so I’ve never set foot there myself!! Good luck hope to hear how it gos turkey and it deer!!

Wished I could help ya out, had the pine valley deer tag couple yrs ago but couldn’t make the hunt so I’ve never set foot there myself!! Good luck hope to hear how it gos turkey and it deer!!
I appreciate it!!! I have opted to not hunt UT at all this turkey season. Another MM member was super nice to offer an opportunity to hunt in OR, so I’m going to go there instead.
Over the past several years I’ve developed a bad taste in my mouth hunting in UT. It will be a pleasant change to try a new state for turkey hunting. I will continue to apply in the big game draw, but it’s only because of the opportunity to draw a tag here or there.

I appreciate it!!! I have opted to not hunt UT at all this turkey season. Another MM member was super nice to offer an opportunity to hunt in OR, so I’m going to go there instead.
Over the past several years I’ve developed a bad taste in my mouth hunting in UT. It will be a pleasant change to try a new state for turkey hunting. I will continue to apply in the big game draw, but it’s only because of the opportunity to draw a tag here or there.
I wish everyone else from Vegas had that same mentality! Whack a big one in Oregon!

Folks on here like yourself are the very reason that Utah is probably my least favorite state to hunt.

I don’t need any help what so ever killing a bird. I turkey hunt several states every year. It just so happens I can buy an OTC UT tag, drive a few hours from home & I'm hunting.
I simply asked if there was a decent turkey population. TRUE!!! I was “thinking” about hunting the unit for turkey simply because it’s just over the state line. I DO have a great chance at drawing that unit for general deer & that is the only reason I considered turkey hunting Pine Valley. I’ve never stepped foot on the unit & that is why I asked the question. Maybe I’m just old school & still think of my fellow hunters as a brotherhood. I would help out absolutely any guy or gal on here from any state if I knew the area & thought my info would help. I’ve offered up info on NV, UT, MT, WY, OK & MS. I’ve offered to glass & help folks pack out. I would even call a bird in for you if you needed or wanted some help. If you wanted to meet up in MS, I’d even take you out on my personal hunting property. Bottom line is that you don’t know me at all...
Have you NEVER hunted a unit that you didn’t receive intel from a friend, family member, game warden or biologist? If not than you are either a superior hunter to the rest of us or you are just plain dumb not to tap into resources available to you!!!
Haha I have lived In Utah my whole life and the people here are DOG **** when it comes to hunting and sharing info. I'm more than willing to help on any hunt. but most are so secretive. and to you I say kiss my ass. You're selfish and have no sense of compassion or friendship.

I have a cabin lot on top of Cedar Mountain above Cedar City. Have seen turkeys up there just about every trip in the summer time mostly on the winding road headed to the top.
Saw some of them in that village of high dollar cabins/homes built on the side facing Cedar.

Just curious to know if the Pine Valley area has a decent turkey population? If so, where would be a good area to start to focus? I’m considering hunting the unit during the general season turkey hunt to learn the area a little. I have a high probability of drawing a deer tag for Pine Valley this year & I thought I could use the time spent in there to do some dual scouting for the potential deer hunt. Thanks in advance!
Find water and Turkeys should be near.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom