Pitchers and Catchers Feb. 12th

larrbo

Very Active Member
Only 5 1/2 weeks until pitchers and catchers report to spring training. Here are my questions for the upcoming season:

Will Brian Wilson sign with the Giant's?
Will Tim Lincecum's new haircut bring back the magic?
Barry Zito...the good, the bad or the ugly this season?
Who runs the championship flag up the pole?
Will Gary Brown ever make it past Double A?

What are your questions or answers for this season?

Go Giant's

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-13 AT 03:08PM (MST)[p]Paul, Last i heard,..

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2012/10/former_houston_manager_brad_mi.html

Larrbo asked;
Will Brian Wilson sign with the Giant's?
Will Tim Lincecum's new haircut bring back the magic?
Barry Zito...the good, the bad or the ugly this season?
Who runs the championship flag up the pole?
Will Gary Brown ever make it past Double A?

Larry, Wilson is history unless no one will gambol on a two time Tommy John guy and pay Wilson the amount near 7 million, what he thinks he is worth. If no one come knocking on his door and he is willing to take, say, 3 million and a heavy built in incentive contract, we will welcome him back but not at what he is now looking for. I see him signing with the Dodgers. They are spending way too much for washed up worthless players and Wilson too might prove out to be in that category.

Timmy Jim? Time will tell. I believe that he will be a starter for us, a good one, yet not the super star that he once was.

Zito, a trooper. I see him this year as a better than average starter, good lefty for us but will sign for next year at a greatly reduced price or not at all.

I see this as a race between the Giants, Diamondbacks, and Padre's With the Giants winning the division again.

Gary Brown can certainly run and play D kinda like, maybe better, Blanco and Torres. When he proves that he can hit at the big league level, he'll be welcome with open arms!

My Questions;

How Big will the Panda be when he shows up this spring?
Will Crawford finally prove that his bat is as mighty as his glove?
Who's on First?
Will Posey win another batting title and MVP this year?
Bochy has all his players back and a set lineup. Should he take a cut in pay for his coaching services? :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I think we have to start the season the same way we finished, and adjust throughout the long season. It seems that's when Bochy is at his best. This includes the Freak in the pen. He should get chances to start along the way. I don't think pre season will tell us anything about Timmy. He's too "immediate reward" oriented, IMO.

Flexability is this teams biggest asset. We're not individuals like some unmentioned teams (that start with D).

I say keep putting Crawford out there and see how far he goes, as no one knows yet.

Panda surely must know what the deal is by now. Let him decide his own fate. Performance should be the gauge. Spank him if needed.

Don't know if Romo can keep it up for an entire season. He's kinda physically small. I agree with Joey on Wilson.

I'm optomistically guarded with Zito, but you can't deny him a spot.

Who runs the championship flag up the pole? Get a long rope and have the entire team pull it up. Maybe Hunter Pence at the front.

Eel

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-13
>AT 03:08?PM (MST)

I'll post my thoughts in ALL CAPS, not because I admire Bessy, but to make for easier reading among the other comments.

>
>Paul, Last i heard,..
>
>http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2012/10/former_houston_manager_brad_mi.html
>
>Larrbo asked;
>Will Brian Wilson sign with the
>Giant's?

DOUBTFUL. EXPECT THEM TO TAKE A HARD LOOK A HEMBREE IN SPRING TRAINING. HE'S PROBABLY NOT READY, BUT IS GOING TO GET A LEGIT CHANCE TO EARN THAT SPOT.

>Will Tim Lincecum's new haircut bring
>back the magic?

EXPECT HIM TO BE A SOLID STARTER, BUT HE'LL LIKELY NEVER RETURN TO THE FORM OF HIS GLORY DAYS. THE SPLITTER TAKES A LOT OUT OF A PITCHER'S ARM, AND IT DETRACTS FROM VELO OVER TIME. EXPECT LINCECUM TO BE THE #3 STARTER, AFTER CAIN AND BUMGARNER AND AHEAD OF ZITO AND VOGELSONG.

>Barry Zito...the good, the bad or
>the ugly this season?

EXPECT HIM TO REPEAT WHAT HE DID LAST YEAR. HE'LL BE A SOLID #4 STARTER.

>Who runs the championship flag up
>the pole?

IT SHOULD BE BOCHY. BOCH DID A FANTASTIC MANAGING JOB, BETTER THAN MANY REALIZE. HE HAD A TEAM THAT WASN'T CLOSE TO THE MOST TALENTED IN THE NL. WITH THE LOSSES OF WILSON AND CABRERA, FREDDY SANCHEZ'S FAILURE TO RETURN FROM HIS SHOULDER INJURY, COMBINED WITH LINCECUM'S DISAPPOINTING SEASON, THE JOB BOCH DID IS ONE OF THE BEST WE'VE SEEN BY ANY MANAGER IN A LONG TIME.

>Will Gary Brown ever make it
>past Double A?

>YES, HE'LL SEE TIME IN AAA THIS YEAR, BUT NOT LIKELY TO GET TO THE MLB CLUB UNLESS ITS A SEPTEMBER CALL UP.

>Larry, Wilson is history unless no
>one will gambol on a
>two time Tommy John guy
>and pay Wilson the amount
>near 7 million, what he
>thinks he is worth. If
>no one come knocking on
>his door and he is
>willing to take, say, 3
>million and a heavy built
>in incentive contract, we will
>welcome him back but not
>at what he is now
>looking for. I see him
>signing with the Dodgers. They
>are spending way too much
>for washed up worthless players
>and Wilson too might prove
>out to be in that
>category.
>
>Timmy Jim? Time will tell. I
>believe that he will be
>a starter for us, a
>good one, yet not the
>super star that he once
>was.
>
> Zito, a trooper. I see
>him this year as a
>better than average starter, good
>lefty for us but will
>sign for next year at
>a greatly reduced price or
>not at all.
>
>I see this as a race
>between the Giants, Diamondbacks, and
>Padre's With the Giants winning
>the division again.
>
>Gary Brown can certainly run and
>play D kinda like, maybe
>better, Blanco and Torres. When
>he proves that he can
>hit at the big league
>level, he'll be welcome with
>open arms!
>
>My Questions;
>
>How Big will the Panda be
>when he shows up this
>spring?

FROM WHAT I'M HEARING, THEY EXPECT HIM TO COME BACK A LITTLE SMALLER AND IN BETTER SHAPE THAN LAST YEAR.

>Will Crawford finally prove that his
>bat is as mighty as
>his glove?

CRAWFORD HIT WAY MORE THAN THEY EXPECTED FROM HIM LAST YEAR. EXPECT HIM TO BE A .240-260 HITTER WHO WILL HAVE SOME BIG MOMENTS, BUT THE REASON THEY HAVE HIM OUT THERE IS HIS GLOVE. HIS WORTH IS MEASURED IN HOW MANY RUNS HE HELPS PREVENT, NOT IN HOW MANY HE PRODUCES.

>Who's on First?

BELT, WHO ELSE? HE HIT MORE THAN THEY EXPECTED, BUT NOT AS MUCH AS THEY'D LIKE TO SEE, LAST YEAR. THEY WANT TO SEE MORE POWER, BUT WILL TAKE HIM AS HE IS FOR THE TIME BEING.

>Will Posey win another batting title
>and MVP this year?

TALK ABOUT TOUGH TO REPEAT! BUT, WHO HAS A BETTER CHANCE? HE IS THE HEART AND SOULD OF THE GIANTS, NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT.

>Bochy has all his players back
>and a set lineup. Should
>he take a cut in
>pay for his coaching services?
>:)

BOCH DID A MASTERFUL JOB OF MANAGING LAST YEAR AND THE PRO BALL GUYS I KNOW ALL HAVE THE UTMOST ADMIRATION FOR HIS PERFORMANCE LAST YEAR. HE EASILY COULD HAVE/SHOULD HAVE BEEN MANAGER OF THE YEAR.
>
>Joey

MY QUESTIONS:

WILL SCUTARO PERFORM AT A LEVEL ANYWHERE NEAR WHAT HE DID THIS YEAR, OVER THE LONG HAUL?

WILL THE GIANTS TRADE HECTOR SANCHEZ BEFORE THE END OF THE SEASON? HE IS THE #1 PLAYER IN TERMS OF INQUIRIES FROM OTHER CLUBS ABOUT TRADING FOR. SWITCH HITTING CATCHERS WITH POWER FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE PLATE ARE RARE, AND SANCHEZ HAS THAT. note: WATCH ANDREW SUSAC'S PERFORMANCE IN SPRING TRAINING, AS THAT MAY DICTATE IF OR HOW SOON THEY TRADE SANCHEZ. SUSAC IS #1 ON THEIR DEPTH CHART AFTER SANCHEZ. HE'S NOT READY FOR THE BIG LEAGUES...YET. HE'LL START THE SEASON IN AA MOST LIKELY, AND IS GOING TO GET EVERY CHANCE TO BECOME A BIG LEAGUER AS SOON AS HE'S READY. THE GIANTS WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO PICK UP A BIG TIME PLAYER IN EXCHANGE FOR HECTOR SANCHEZ.

WILL LINCECUM'S ARM HOLD UP FOR ANOTHER SEASON? WILL HE SUFFER A SIGNIFICANT ARM INJURY?

WILL CAIN AND/OR BUMGARNER WIN 20 GAMES?

HOW MUCH PROGRESS AT THE PLATE WILL 'THE BRANDONS' MAKE? BELT AND CRAWFORD BOTH HIT MORE THAN EXPECTED LAST YEAR, BUT NOT AS MYCH AS THEY'D LIKE TO SEE? WILL THEY PROGRESS A LOT OR A LITTLE FROM LAST YEAR? NEITHER HAS THAT MUCH PRO BALL EXPERIENCE YET, SO THEIR UPSIDE STILL HAS A WAY TO GO, BUT HOW FAR THEY'LL GO REMAINS TO BE SEEN?

WILL RON WOTUS FINALLY GET A MLB MANAGER JOB? HE DESERVES ONE! WILL RIGHETTI GET AN MLB MANAGER JOB? HE MAY NOT WANT ONE!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR PITCHERS AND CATCHER TO REPORT. THE GIANTS 2ND ROUND PICKS EACH OF THE LAST 2 YEARS (ANDREW SUSAC AND MARTIN AGOSTA) ARE KIDS I USED TO COACH WHEN THEY WERE 14-18 YEARS OLD. OVERALL, 3 OF MY FORMER PLAYERS ARE IN THE GIANTS ORGANIZATION (SCOTTY WALKER, LHP, BEING THE OTHER) AND SEEING 'MY KIDS' PLAYING FOR MY FAVORITE ORGANIZATION IN BASEBALL MAKES IT EVEN MORE SPECIAL FOR ME. I DEFINITELY WANT TO GO TO SPRING TRAINING THIS YEAR, TO SEE THEM AS WELL AS SOME OF MY OTHER PLAYERS WHO WILL BE IN ARIZONA (LARS ANDERSON-D'BACKS, TIM WHEELER-ROCKIES, DWIGHT CHILDS-INDIANS, BEN ECKELS-D'BACKS).

I CAN'T WAIT FOR BASEBALL TO START AGAIN!

My #1 question is, "Who is Hunter Pence?"

He had big moments with SF, but I want to see consistancy. Less strikeouts, more hits (Singles). He could be huge protecting Panda and Buster but his average dove from about .291 to the mid .260s during his 2 months in SF. Swinging too hard, trying to hit it outta that huge park instead of making hard contact.

Com'on Hunter, we need you to repeat.

Marco has always been a clutch hitter. I don't believe he'll hit at the .360 pace he showed us last fall BUT hovering around .300 with clutch hits is a plus player in the middle infield.

Pitching will be stout. Vogey has convinced me he's for real. Barry is in a contract year, as is the Freak. They'll shine. Need a young arm or 2 in the bull pen.

I think this will be Panda's breakout year. That's my opinion. BUT it could be a bust too since that guy is sooooooo unpredictable. But he doesn't have any more hamate bones to break.

GO 9ERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Watched a program on MLB TV last night. Top 50 prospects in baseball. I turned it on when the count down was @ 40. No one owned by SF were in their top 40. BUT it seems every year we get a Panda, Posey, MadBum, or one of the Brandons that helps us. I agree a Trout doesn't come around every year but com'on, why the slight??

The majority of top prospects (according to them) were Cubs, Cards, Mets, Diamondbacks, BoSox and Yankees in that order. Sprinkle in a couple of Indians and Rangers, and maybe one Dodger.

East Coast bias, again!!!!!!

I saw where the Panda led his team, Veneuzla, to victory the other day with 2 doubles and a homer. Would be nice to see consistent power from him this year.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-13 AT 05:13PM (MST)[p]+1 Ca!

I'm really hoping to see the Panda, Belt, and Pence, all play at least as well as their projected potential. All these guys, along with Posey, have serious skills and power, enough to hit for high average and/or jack it from any park but don't always, unlike Posey, play their best ball consistently. Love to see it all come together this year.

We have a great team and i can't hardly wait until the playing begins!! Go Giants!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom