Planning for 2018

stackem

Hey guys,
First time posting here. Great site. I'm tentatively planning on applying for elk and or mule deer in 2018. Being from Ohio the western system is sort of confusing. I'm planning, Lord willing, to go with a guide when I come out. What are my odds of drawing tags with 16 points? I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to shoot a giant, but really want a good representative of each species. Any suggestions for a good guide or at least starting points for beginning my research?
Thanks,
Stackem

Wade lemon hunting give him a call and he will give you the right units to put in for and you won't find a better guide business in ut.
hornkiller.jpg

16 points is getting you to the point of some great tags. There are several good outfitters around the state, and a few to shy away from. It all depends on just what you want out of a hunt and what kind of experience you are looking for. Please check out our website www.huntwithgtoutfitters.com We would love to discuss with you options for your hunts. Looking at draw odds, you should be able to draw your choice of elk or deer in areas we hunt. We can give you info on what seasons to apply for and find a hunt to fit your desires. The years of building points means these hunts are a once in a lifetime opportunity and we recognize the importance of that. You're likely to get a ton of responses and great options. Feel free to check us out and contact us with any questions, at your convenience. We're happy to give you any info we can, even if it's for an area we don't offer hunts. Our contact info is on the website.

Cody Webster
GT Outfitters

2915newcollage.jpg

9765collage.jpg

Stackem,

As Whiskeydog said above, 16 points is getting you very close to some great tags. You've waited a long time so you want to be sure to get the right hunt. I am the operator of the website www.HuntersTrailhead.com that details the real statistical odds of drawing every tag in the state based on how many points you have accumulated. I also do a limited amount of guiding in Utah as well. I would enjoy talking with you about your drawing odds and other hunt options. Feel free to give me a call or simply PM me. I'd be happy to help you however I can.

Jon

Thanks for the replies. I checked when I bought my points for this year and looks like I will have 15 instead of 16. Still looking to try and draw tags and come out. Still a lot of planning ahead.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom