Plans for down the road

Trad Bow 1979

Hello everyone,

I am a NR from New Mexico and its on my bucket list to do an archery elk hunt in Montana. This will be a few years down the road since I just started buying Bonus Points last year. From what I seem to find is that the Missouri Breaks is the prized area to hunt elk. When it comes to archery hunting though it seems that units like 632 have the least amount of terrain and vegetation ideal for bow hunting. The thing that appeals to me about that area is that there are much less tags allocated for that area versus 410 and 417 which those units have a lot more ideal terrain for bow hunting. So I guess its kind of a trade off on less hunting pressure and more places to hunt or less pressure and less places to hunt? Am I on the right track or am I way off?
Also, since Montana's point system is a little different there is truly no guarantee I will get the limited entry unit I want and may just end up with a General tag. Nothing against having a General tag but this is probably a one time thing for me. And from what I am interpreting from the harvest reports it appears that the General areas are hit very hard with pressure and harvest can be low. Are my assumptions correct or do I need to relook at the information?
Hope everyone is staying safe!

Yea it doesnt matter which breaks area you try and hunt, they all get piss pounded by pressure and well they are no where near what they used to be. Hell a 300 bull is a good haul now, it used to be world class.

So I say we make the entire state, of montana, limited entry I mean it worked sooooooo well
For 270.261.262 didn't it !!!!!!!
Montana, still has, quality elk and deer hunting
With some big bulls and bucks, not everybody
Reports there harvest . Get away from the roads and road hunters look for units that DONT HAVE large for unit elk counts , you'll do fine

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom