Plans to update website?

Gorilla

Congrats on 20 years and cheers to another 20.

However, 1999 called and wants it's website back.

Founder you should consider a project to overhaul the website to a more current platform that makes it easier to post pictures/video, links to social media, comment voting buttons, mobile friendly ect.

Also an upgrade to a cleaner more professional look would go a long way.

just my .02

I agree. A new platform would be super nice. I have to email photos off my phone to upload from a computer. But I will still be surfing everyday no matter what!

I don't get it...

I'm as computer illiterate as they come and can post from my phone or computer...

Nothing wrong with providing feedback for improvement.

The format works. It is an old format, though. It could be improved. Whether it's worth the cost for Founder or not to do it, only he can answer that.

Either way, I'll still check in.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-19 AT 07:19PM (MST)[p]start your own forum big monkey......lots of people will love you....

I like what we have here....hell...I like 1999

I'm more illiterate than tikka and I too can easily post pics from anywhere.....

Piece of cake from my phone......

245704ad653fe189a4a7eb13e24646274f8d4.jpeg

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-19
>AT 07:19?PM (MST)

>
>start your own forum big monkey......lots
>of people will love you....
>
>
>
>I like what we have here....hell...I
>like 1999
>
>
>I'm more illiterate than tikka and
>I too can easily post
>pics from anywhere.....
>
>Piece of cake from my phone......
>
>
>

LMAO!

Ya!

Well Some of us Remember When TARDville decided to Improve & Make Mule Deer Hunting better with NEW Upgrades!

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

There's a site that's kind of like the MM of Arizona. I don't go there as often since they made a change. The changes are just too much. It looks like the admin set it up to look like it gets more traffic than it really does. I'm sure it's for ad revenue. Some of the things that show up that didn't before are useless things like who's following, who's new to the forum, who's changed their user profile and you can actually see who's sent who PMs. You can't see all of the message, but the first few lines of a PM show up on the board. No thanks.

I'm an old "who moved my cheese" kind of guy.

I was super-active on GunBroker until they "improved" it and now I can't find sh!t.

This format works...and I too like 1999.

No offence to Gorilla because his suggestion was given because he's active around here and he cares.

Zeke

#livelikezac

>I was super-active on GunBroker until
>they "improved" it and now
>I can't find sh!t.

A good example of not all "updates" are "improvements." At least not for people used to it being one way.

Utah DWR updated their website. No doubt it will be improved over older formats and technology. It sure makes it tough to navigate when you were so used to it being one way for so long.

Actually I agree with the idea to upgrade the site despite what some others are saying. If you would like to get some improvement ideas, go check out Hunt Washington Forum. It is very well set up, easy to navigate, and I like its design much better than any other western forum that is out there. Full disclosure, I am a Washington resident and I know Washington is pretty far down the totem pole when compared with hunting quality of other western states. But as far as forum design and ease of use, Hunt WA Forum is better than anything out there IMO. Hopefully some fellow members who are on both Hunt WA and MM can add additional feedback as well.

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-19
>AT 07:19?PM (MST)

>
>start your own forum big monkey......lots
>of people will love you....
>
>
>
>I like what we have here....hell...I
>like 1999
>
>
>I'm more illiterate than tikka and
>I too can easily post
>pics from anywhere.....
>
>Piece of cake from my phone......
>
>
>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I guess there us no wonder how you spend your free time.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

I personally think it could be upgraded without losing the current look and abilities for the illiterate.

What I can't get out of my head is that damn monkey chapstick. Uggg.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-19 AT 06:14PM (MST)[p]yes Zeke.....I was on gunbroker all the time.....but it morhed like ebay...It was great when it was all used guns.... Auction Arms too...

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-19 AT 08:17PM (MST)[p]>Actually I agree with the idea
>to upgrade the site despite
>what some others are saying.
>If you would like to
>get some improvement ideas, go
>check out Hunt Washington Forum.
>It is very well set
>up, easy to navigate, and
>I like its design much
>better than any other western
>forum that is out there.
>Full disclosure, I am a
>Washington resident and I know
>Washington is pretty far down
>the totem pole when compared
>with hunting quality of other
>western states. But as far
>as forum design and ease
>of use, Hunt WA Forum
>is better than anything out
>there IMO. Hopefully some fellow
>members who are on both
>Hunt WA and MM can
>add additional feedback as well.
>

I'm from Wa. and on Hunt Wa.
Its set up well.
I like MM better.
Please leave it alone.

Eastman?s ?upgraded? their forum website and it's god awful. IMO the MM platform is just fine as-is...

Horniac

Don't fix what isn't broke.
Site works fine.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-19 AT 07:02PM (MST)[p]I agree with most responses on here. It ain't broke so don't fix it!

I'm not one of the most computer literate and I don't have trouble posting pics.

A few other forums I was on "upgraded" and made it worse, more difficult to navigate, unable to see multiple posts at one time, and several other "improvements." I don't go to those sites any more!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom