Plastic Ribbons

nocal

Hey MM'ers out there! All too frequently I am finding plastic surveyors ribbons during hunting season that are obviously recently placed (within the last year or two, sometimes older). Not just in Kali, but Id, Wyo & Az last several years. I can understand marking a downed animal or some other "situation", but....come on. With todays GPS OnX and other tech items, there is no reason to play Hansel & Grettle out there. Or if you really need to string ribbons every 100 yds to find your way back to the vehicle (and not willing to pull them when your done) maybe you shouldn't be out there.

I'm all for everyone being safe out there, first and foremost! But don't leave the darn ribbons all over the country side.

I'll get off my soap box now.

n

I've been pullin every one I come across for years now nocal. It irritates me too!

#livelikezac

Some of us are Old Fashioned & Don't have all that Fancy New Sshhitt!

GPS this!

GPS that!

GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Heard A Gal the Other Day Say She was gonna Put a GPS on Her Husbands Pecker!

I'd Rather have a Ribbon!

Some of them Ribbons Might Be Mine!

When You Pull them Down You Sure are Making it Rough on me to Remember where I Shot Last Years Buck!

I've started using toilet paper instead. That way if I miss one or don't get it pulled, it'll be gone with the first rain storm.

Grizzly

-----------------------------------------

"It's time to revisit the widely accepted principle in the United States and Canada that game is a public resource."
-Don Peay, Founder of SFW, as quoted in Anchorage Daily News

I come out of the woods with my pockets full of ribbons, some of those people are probably still lost. One guy last fall was putting out one every hundred yards, on a trail! He was even putting his initials on them with a sharpie.

Hasbean

Hey Elk! I had you pegged as more of a road hunter, now you are suggesting you actually hike. Say it ain't so?

BGD,

There is a place for tape but I've never understood people who have to mark a trail.

Hasbean

>BGD,
>
>There is a place for tape
>but I've never understood people
>who have to mark a
>trail.
>
>Hasbean

Where the Sharpie initials BGD hasbean? :eek:

#livelikezac

I always come back with a pocketful of survey tape hate these... (LOST Litterbugs.) So last year this (LL) had blue tape every 30 yards marking hidden Tank.... I spent an hour of my hunting time to take them down and put them back up leading this FOOL to a cliff....
CC

I've found most times they mark a kill site. If I find a gut pile, the surveyors tape comes out with me.

I take them on site..seems they are always in easy places.. took a pannier load down early September one year packing salt for the cows that were coming lower in a couple weeks..Well they were having a charity pony ride through there that week.....The raised in town girls shed a lot of tears...USFS Recreation Ranger had a melt down..Damn cowboys...

>I take them on site..seems they
>are always in easy places..
>took a pannier load down
>early September one year packing
>salt for the cows that
>were coming lower in a
>couple weeks..Well they were having
>a charity pony ride through
>there that week.....The raised in
>town girls shed a lot
>of tears...USFS Recreation Ranger had
>a melt down..Damn cowboys...