Plateau Antelope tag

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-11 AT 05:09AM (MST)[p]I guess if you REALLY want to hunt Plateau.....
Pretty easy to draw right now with lope numbers down.
Last years muzzy tag could be drawn with zero points and
it never takes more than like 1 point to draw archery....

I've the archery tag twice since 05 and fully expect
my wife and boy to draw with 2 points(bow)...Fun hunt.
BUT $3,500???

We went on a muzzy lope hunt last year in Wyoming that
was less the $500 in permit fees,,,,,DIY hunt.
SUPER FUN! better quality lopes.. Just say'in.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Yeah, that is way too much for that tag now days, the quality and quantity has gone way down with all the hunts and transloatoins. I have not seen the no. of 75"+ goats like there used to be there 5 years ago or so. You can get a dang good landowner tag with guide in NM for that price and expect to see 80" bucks. For a good cause though I suspect.

Todd Black
BTO

oh well! too many cold ones I guess. They started the bidding at $7k and went down from there. I made the only bid at $3500. Not one other bid. I will make the best of it and hopefully find a nice buck.

Good luck with that. There is no way that tag should have gone for that much. 5 years ago maybe. But we hunted it last year and if a 12 inch goat is worth 3500 then we are in trouble. We struggled finding a 12 inch goat. And we hunted it hard. Good luck.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

Good luck on the hunt. Antelope is always a fun hunt. Money to a good cause and a tax write off for yourself.

buckspotter- don't let these guys get you down. :) If it is worth it to you to hunt them this year, so be it. Put the $3500 behind you and find a good buck out there. I've never hunted goats in Utah but have in WY. They've gotta be fun any state you hunt them in. I've never been on a goat hunt that wasn't successful. Have a great time!

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Wizard is right. I apologize for my previous post. Value is subjective from one guy to another. I'm sure this hunt will be worth it to you.

I have hunted doe antelope up there many times and it was loads of fun. My advice would be not to get in a rush to shoot. Look over lots of bucks before you pull the trigger.

My wife has drawn that tag twice in the past 4 years (once in 07 and then again in 09). The first year she drew the tag we had the time of our life. Speed goats all over. The tag in 09 was not nearly as good of a tag. She shot a solid high 70's buck in 07 and a low 70's buck in 09. The hunt is not the same as it use to be but with a little luck and hard work I think that you could come out with a reasonable buck. I would not be passing up many mid to low 70 inch bucks in hopes of finding one that will break the 80's.

Good luck! If you need to some pointers shot me PM and I'll let you know where we have been running into them.

400bull

Hope you have a great hunt. Antelope hunts are good hunts to take the youngin's on if you have any. Good luck and have fun.

Hey Thanks Everybody!

I realize now that I didn't get a great deal, but I'm looking forward to making the most of the tag. If anything it sounds like a challenge. I'll be sure and post a pic when the hunt is over. Thanks Again!

Good luck, buckspotter!

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom