Please contact our State Senators

BenHuntn

Please send an email to Senator John Barrasso. Let him know you want the Endangered Species Act and the Equal Access to Justice Act reformed. He is very in tune to the way these are being misused by Animal activist. We as sportsmen need to be heard.

Ben, although I hail from the Great State of Tennessee, I will contact Wyoming Senator Barrasso. It is a shame what has happened to the wildlife in Wyoming. I'm in Washington DC regularly to visit my son who lives there. I may even drop by the Senate building and visit with him or his staff. I read yesterday on another forum that a recent aerial count of the moose in Yellowstone National Park revealed 6 animals! That's SIX! And this reconnaissance was done on a nearly perfect weather day for counting wildlife. Pre-wolves that number was estimated at nearly 2000. Somethings got to be done soon or there won't be enough moose left to repopulate even if the wolves were gone.

Mackey

You can also contact Mike Enzi. I read an article on fox news that John Barrasso commented on in reference to the misuse of the Equal Access to Justice Act. So I just figured he was up to speed on all that stuff.

Just got this from Big Game Forever:
"Dramatic decline in western moose since wolf introduction

Here's what I read from another hunting site forum:

"America?s moose are in serious trouble. You and millions of other sportsmen, America's true conservationists, may be the last hope to save America's moose. We need your help before it's too late. Here is what is going on. Just 20 years ago, Yellowstone National Park and the Yellowstone Ecosystem were the heart of the world's Shiras Moose population. There were literally thousands of moose in the park. People from all over the world traveled to Yellowstone to view and photograph these famous moose. The 1994 wolf introduction environmental impact statement (EIS) indicated that the introduction of wolves into Yellowstone would result in a 7-13% decline of moose. Unfortunately, these commitments have not been kept. Today, just 20 years after wolves were introduced into Yellowstone, projections indicate that there are likely less than 100-300 moose left in Yellowstone National Park. Those watching resident moose populations indicate that actual numbers could be even lower. This represents a decline of approximately 90% of moose populations in the park. This past winter, efforts to count moose in Yellowstone show just how serious the situation has become. We have been told that biologists flew over 350 miles of prime moose winter range in the park for over seven hours under prime viewing conditions. Only six total moose were located in the enormous study area. As sportsmen, we understand the far-reaching impacts of the experimental introduction of Canadian wolves into the Western United States. We have also seen what the years of lawsuit and maneuvering by powerful anti-hunting interests have had on big game populations. We need your help to fight for protection and recovery of the Shiras Moose in America. Without responsible predator management by Western States, there will not be enough young moose to restore these populations to their former greatness."

All Enzi is ever interested in is trying to have state sales tax applied on all internet sales. A true RINO if there ever was one.

Barasso and Cheney know that the ESA and EAJA need to be modified. I just don't know if there is the political will to do so. The ESA in it's current form is a huge cash cow for many representatives and senators in the Democratic Party. The Sierra Club, Defenders of Wildlife and many others pour millions into Congress every year. If you want to know who will go along with changes to the ESA and EAJA, just check into the source of their campaign contributions for the last couple of election cycles. There is usually just too much free flowing cash out there for these members of Congress to do the right thing.

just sayin...mh

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom