Please say this is true!

MrShane

In the Utah 2023 Antlerless Guidebook that just came out.
Wouldn’t antlers be considered a ‘non-edible’ byproduct off of a big game animal?
I have nothing against shed hunting for personal collections or to just give away, but if this is true it could help curb poaching and help slow down the ridiculousness of shed hinting where money is at stake.
Thoughts and opinions please?

52D2DA79-649B-4233-8B46-7C9C950BBB5D.jpeg

A9900D7C-E134-4856-BCAF-24234E81714F.jpeg

Last edited:
@MrShane those regulations only apply to animals harvested with a tag. It does not apply to sheds, deadheads or animals that do not require a hunting license.

If you have any questions find the nearest 10year old and they can help you out with reading comprehension.
That is why I was asking for thoughts and opinions.
Thank you for your contribution.

Also curious why this bothers you so much, this is Utah law.
I believe you hate Utah?
If I remember your stance about Utah you should be laughing at this, not going to so much trouble/research on a state you don’t care for?
Please correct if I am not remembering correctly?

You do realize you are quoting expired law, right?
If you did not know, that law expired 5/1/23.
Clearly you don’t understand how laws work. Go ahead and post up the new “law” from 5/2/23 hahahahaha

Also curious why this bothers you so much, this is Utah law.
I believe you hate Utah?
If I remember your stance about Utah you should be laughing at this, not going to so much trouble/research on a state you don’t care for?
Please correct if I am not remembering correctly?
It doesn’t bother me at all. I like helping special needs individuals. No need to thank me, since I’ve made my money I’ve devoted a lot of my time to helping the less fortunate ones.

It doesn’t bother me at all. I like helping special needs individuals. No need to thank me, since I’ve made my money I’ve devoted a lot of my time to helping the less fortunate ones.
Cool, I must have been thinking of someone else.
Have a great night.

Antlers are bone?
According to hundreds of truck window stickers I see they are must be made of bone!
Bone Collector come to mind?

The bone they're speaking about is skeletal bone, bone containing marrow. Antlers are not connected to brain tissue as the skull plate is.

Your posted definition from 2011 of "inedible" is from where? They're the ones who said horn, not you...

The bone they're speaking about is skeletal bone, bone containing marrow. Antlers are not connected to brain tissue as the skull plate is.

Your posted definition from 2011 of "inedible" is from where? They're the ones who said horn, not you...
I couldn’t tell you for sure.
I just grabbed the definition off the web.
Thank you for your opinion.

I think those Bone Collector stickers guys have on their truck windows have something to do with gay sex.
And Mr Shane is seeing them all the time. He must hang out where there’s lots of gay sex going on all the time.

Antlers are used in Chinese medicine. I've actually seen them at a Eastern Medince Shop near where I used to live. Could be a reason they don't want them marketed?

Antlers are used in Chinese medicine. I've actually seen them at an Eastern Medince Shop near where I used to live. Could be a reason they don't want them marketed?
What tinfoil reason are Mr Shane and you thinking?

What tinfoil reason are Mr Shane and you thinking?
I am thinking that if the sale of big game antlers was banned, it would help our Deer herds out in a couple ways:

Poaching will never stop, but if selling antlers was banned would it help some of the big boys not get cut down illegally? I’m sure a lot are not sold, and I’m sure a lot are. If even half the poaching of big bucks was curbed due to an antler selling ban, it would be worth it.

Rest period for our animals. A lot of folks will say that shed hunting early in the year is no more harmful to our Deer than snowmobilers or rabbit hunters are to our Deer by pushing them around on wintering grounds. That is partially true I’m sure. But I believe a lot of shed hunters push the Deer to their limits, especially big bucks (more poundage) still wearing headgear, in hopes they fall off so they can cash in on that ‘brown gold’ before someone else can get to it.
With shed antlers being worth zero cash value, I want to believe everyone would mellow a bit and turn shed hunting back in to a hobby instead of a business. This mellowing of people trying to get out in the wintering grounds so early would hopefully be lessened and would allow our Deer to have a little more rest.

Now go ahead and call me a Utard, gay, retard, etc and get it out of your system.
But hopefully I answered your question?

I am thinking that if the sale of big game antlers was banned, it would help our Deer herds out in a couple ways:

Poaching will never stop, but if selling antlers was banned would it help some of the big boys not get cut down illegally? I’m sure a lot are not sold, and I’m sure a lot are. If even half the poaching of big bucks was curbed due to an antler selling ban, it would be worth it.

Rest period for our animals. A lot of folks will say that shed hunting early in the year is no more harmful to our Deer than snowmobilers or rabbit hunters are to our Deer by pushing them around on wintering grounds. That is partially true I’m sure. But I believe a lot of shed hunters push the Deer to their limits, especially big bucks (more poundage) still wearing headgear, in hopes they fall off so they can cash in on that ‘brown gold’ before someone else can get to it.
With shed antlers being worth zero cash value, I want to believe everyone would mellow a bit and turn shed hunting back in to a hobby instead of a business. This mellowing of people trying to get out in the wintering grounds so early would hopefully be lessened and would allow our Deer to have a little more rest.

Now go ahead and call me a Utard, gay, retard, etc and get it out of your system.
Nobody is targeting deer antlers for money, there just isn't enough money to be made for them.

Anyone doing it just for money are look for elk horns.

So your "theroy" just isn't credible. Also doubt many big bucks are getting poached so they can sell the rack. Again just not a credible theory.

Nobody is targeting deer antlers for money, there just isn't enough money to be made for them.

Anyone doing it just for money are look for elk horns.

So your "theroy" just isn't credible. Also doubt many big bucks are getting poached so they can sell the rack. Again just not a credible theory.
I meant to include Elk also, thank you for catching my typo.

So because you “think” people are killing big bucks to sell we should make more laws? Could you provide a link of anyone caught chronic poaching mule deer to sell the antlers? The percentage of people poaching antlers has to be so small only a small brain likes yours would consider it to be a reason to enact even more laws. If banning the sale of antlers would save 1% of the bucks poached I would be on board. But since that’s not the case I can’t even consider your stupid idea

Rest period for the deer? You “believe” that if affects the deer. But do you have any proof? Why do you really want shed hunting banned? It’s not because of the deer. If it was you would be wanting EVERYTHING banned if you really cared about the deer. Ban the oilfield workers from checking wells, ban the hikers, ban people flying over winter range, ban the winter studies by the fish and game, ban wildlife photography, lion hunters, rock hounds, teenage guys banging your wife out in the sticks, the list goes on. But by only targeting shed hunters it clear your agenda. So why don’t you tell us why you really hate shed hunting? Stop trying to hide behind the health of the deer and elk herds. Because either you’re lying to us or you’re really just that stupid. Which is it? Where are all the videos of shed hunters pushing animals? Post them up. Everyone has a video camera on their phone. There has to be hundreds of videos at this point. Post em. I saw a video the big buck in Wyoming being followed by people but he didn’t give two focks. And the people in the video were photographers not shed hunters. But If your closed mind saw it you would ASSume they were antler hunters. Most the deer and elk are very tolerant of people during the winter time. And why would an antler hunter spook animals? That’s opposite of what you want to do when you want to find antlers. You want them to drop where you are watching them. And just because you see people out on the winter range and deer/elk moving doesn’t mean that they are looking for antlers or the animals are stressed.

You didn’t answer my question and you’re so closed minded it doesn’t matter. I don’t care what your woke ass has to say. You’re a clown that thinks banning stuff makes it better. If antlers were illegal to sell I don’t know of a single person that would stop looking. Look how banning drugs has worked out in the world. Or how UT made it illegal to marry your daughter or have 15 wives. Yet it still happens there.

If banning the sale of antlers would keep a noticeable amount of people from looking for them my own selfish self would be all for it. But I can be honest about why. You cannot. It wouldn’t do chit for the deer and I wouldn’t try to say it would. I would like less competition but banning the sale of antlers won’t do chit.

Have a great rest of your weekend.

Oh I almost forgot, utard!

So because you “think” people are killing big bucks to sell we should make more laws? Could you provide a link of anyone caught chronic poaching mule deer to sell the antlers? The percentage of people poaching antlers has to be so small only a small brain likes yours would consider it to be a reason to enact even more laws. If banning the sale of antlers would save 1% of the bucks poached I would be on board. But since that’s not the case I can’t even consider your stupid idea

Rest period for the deer? You “believe” that if affects the deer. But do you have any proof? Why do you really want shed hunting banned? It’s not because of the deer. If it was you would be wanting EVERYTHING banned if you really cared about the deer. Ban the oilfield workers from checking wells, ban the hikers, ban people flying over winter range, ban the winter studies by the fish and game, ban wildlife photography, lion hunters, rock hounds, teenage guys banging your wife out in the sticks, the list goes on. But by only targeting shed hunters it clear your agenda. So why don’t you tell us why you really hate shed hunting? Stop trying to hide behind the health of the deer and elk herds. Because either you’re lying to us or you’re really just that stupid. Which is it? Where are all the videos of shed hunters pushing animals? Post them up. Everyone has a video camera on their phone. There has to be hundreds of videos at this point. Post em. I saw a video the big buck in Wyoming being followed by people but he didn’t give two focks. And the people in the video were photographers not shed hunters. But If your closed mind saw it you would ASSume they were antler hunters. Most the deer and elk are very tolerant of people during the winter time. And why would an antler hunter spook animals? That’s opposite of what you want to do when you want to find antlers. You want them to drop where you are watching them. And just because you see people out on the winter range and deer/elk moving doesn’t mean that they are looking for antlers or the animals are stressed.

You didn’t answer my question and you’re so closed minded it doesn’t matter. I don’t care what your woke ass has to say. You’re a clown that thinks banning stuff makes it better. If antlers were illegal to sell I don’t know of a single person that would stop looking. Look how banning drugs has worked out in the world. Or how UT made it illegal to marry your daughter or have 15 wives. Yet it still happens there.

If banning the sale of antlers would keep a noticeable amount of people from looking for them my own selfish self would be all for it. But I can be honest about why. You cannot. It wouldn’t do chit for the deer and I wouldn’t try to say it would. I would like less competition but banning the sale of antlers won’t do chit.

What made you so angry?
I bet you are real fun at parties….
SS quote:”Why do you really want shed hunting banned?”.
I only want the sale of antlers banned, not shed hunting ( and you accuse me of lack of reading comprehension in your post #5)…
No different than what we do with waterfowl and/or their parts.
I am from Utah and proud of it.
If you want you can google up about these antler crimes out of Wyoming.
I think we should stop this discussion now before you have an artery come apart.

Have an enjoyable rest of your weekend SS,
I think I will head out this evening and try to kill a Coyote or Lion to save some Deer.

1F57FD30-4896-42C4-8F47-1BBFE56DE031.jpeg

77AAA3EB-6D2F-4C60-AF75-53534724ABC3.jpeg

Last edited:
What made you so angry?
I bet you are real fun at parties….
SS quote:”Why do you really want shed hunting banned?”.
I only want the sale of antlers banned, not shed hunting ( and you accuse me of lack of reading comprehension in your post #5)…
No different than what we do with waterfowl and/or their parts.
I am from Utah and proud of it.
If you want you could google up this antler crime out of Wyoming.
I think we should stop this discussion now before you have an artery come apart.

Have an enjoyable rest of your weekend SS,
I think I will head out this evening and try to kill a Coyote or Lion to save some Deer.

View attachment 112871
What does that article have anything to do with your crying? The answer is NOTHING.

Still waiting for you to answer my questions.

What does that article have anything to do with your crying? The answer is NOTHING.

Still waiting for you to answer my questions.
Your post had at least nine ‘?’ marks in it so I probably did miss something when I thought I did answer them, sorry.

Also, how did you know about my wife and the teenage dudes?

There's at least a dozen You Tubers that put up videos shed hunting. All those likes and subscribes= $$$$.

So yeah, banning the sake of antlers would of course mean a noticeable amount of people doing it. Are you so stupid you've never seen an antler buyer? Or antler sale? Anyone over 40 knows that shed hunting was a tiny niche pursuit.

How much budlight have you swallowed before your dumbest post to date?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom