Poached buck

JPblind

Found this guy today 15yrds off trail season for bucks ended 31 Oct. Looks like he was shot 1 or 2 days ago. F ang G has head now was a heavy 27in. The shooter might have heard someone coming and tried to hide it in sagebrush. Eagles and magpies gave it away. Can see where the bullet entered in the ribcage. Would've made a nice euro mount.

1117220938.jpg

1117220938a.jpg

1117221317.jpg

Found a 6x6 muley one year off the main road in a unit in NM. Never seen an actual mule deer with 3 sets of forks on each side. Called game and fish, they confirmed it was poached.

Shame.

Some folks out coyote hunting can’t resist the temptation. No way I’m saying everyone does it but I’m sure there are a few

I've Seen 2 Big 6X6 Bucks Like That In My Life That Had 3 Sets Of Forks on Each Side!

Indeed Very Cool Antler Configuration!

I've Never Harvested One Though!

Found a 6x6 muley one year off the main road in a unit in NM. Never seen an actual mule deer with 3 sets of forks on each side. Called game and fish, they confirmed it was poached.

Shame.

Is it possible it was gored and not shot? I'm not certain how often it happens with muley's but I know it does with elk. I had a friend videoing elk on the San Juan years ago that watched a six point ram another bull in the side and watched it die right there.

I have video of a buck actually killing another buck. Got him on the ground and gored him in the stomach for what seemed an eternity. We could clearly hear the loser buck bawling in pain. The winner finally let him up and he ran off and later died. Game warden told me it's not unusual for him to find 3-4 dead bucks every rut.

My dad killed a buck in 2011 and upon walking up on him and later skinning him, he had been gored in the back, through the skin, all that back fat, and a bit into the backstrap. Not a fatal gore, but we hypothesized he got "rolled" by another buck. :D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom