Poachers busted in Southern Utah.

arch3614elk

Five Men Arrested for Poaching Wildlife

On November 15, 2009, Washington County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to a call for assistance from the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. DWR had received a tip that men were poaching deer in an area north of Leeds. DWR officers had responded and detained several individuals.

DWR Officers discovered six deer which were in various stages of processing for consumption. They also discovered one Cottontail rabbit, which is considered upland game. Harvesting is restricted except during designated hunting seasons and a small game license is required. Five people were arrested for unlawful taking or poaching wildlife. Deputies assisted the DWR officers with the arrest and transport of the five individuals, but the case was investigated by the officers from the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources.

Enrique Caldera, Jesus Nunes, Ezequiel Parra-Gomez, Eligio Baldovinos-Ambris and Juan Baraza-Nunez were arrested and booked into the Washington County Purgatory Correctional Facility.

GET A ROPE!

They deserve a rope but, unfortunately they will be sent back to where they came from only to return and do it again. GET A NEW ROPE!!

<DWR Officers discovered six deer which were in various stages of processing for consumption>

Do you think maybe they might be hungry?
I would go to the hills and take a deer or whatever to feed my family if I had to. If that is what they were up to. That is alot of deer taken to feed a family. Do you think with the winter months here. That this type of poaching might happen more this year as more people are trying to feed families?

If their killing cotton tails ya know they were hungry. Hell, I'd get a gun and help feed those dudes. Get a rope and hang em high? I suppose your talking about the poached meat? good idea, lets all lend a hand. Sorry but I'd slap em on the wrist. That is what game is suppose to be there for. Now lets deport them to Iraq and make em earn their freakin citizenship.

So not only are we paying an arm and leg for health care because of them, they are poaching our deer too!

Take out more than you brought in!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-09 AT 10:02PM (MST)[p]You can buy an awful lot of meat for the gas money you would spend driving here from Compton, which is where one of these gents was from. Only one of them were local. The rest were from Vegas and Compton. I don't think they were trying to feed their families. There is poaching to be had a lot closer to home.

Everyone is hungry but there are laws and we need to abide by those laws...Your going to go and poach deer and rabbits instead of going to a food distribution center or a shelter where you eat for free? Poaching is being greedy thats all there is to it.

In this day & age their is no need to poach.Just to many agencys out there,just stick out your hand & the State or Feds are going to give you some tax money.

Whether they were hungry or not-laws exist for a reason. These guys are demonstrating a wholesale lack of respect for the law. I guess its not all their fault though. In this country you can break the law by crossing the border and living here illegally and then be received with open arms and receive government assistance in the form of free education, free healthcare, free food, translation services, etc. etc. etc. The message this country (generally liberals) is sending is that some laws dont matter and can be disregarded. Thus I can see why these folks dont really care. In a similar vein, you guys want to see how badly disrespect for law impacts our country (and my state of Arizona) come down and hunt in southern Arizona. Trash everywhere. Constant worry that your camp or vehicle will be broken into. There are some places in the national forest i am not legally allowed to go because the security is so bad. Armed gangs roaming the hills with machine guns etc. The most powerful country in the world and we refuse to secure our borders. The situation here is a joke.

><DWR Officers discovered six deer which were in various stages of processing for consumption>
>
>Do you think maybe they might
>be hungry?
>I would go to the hills
>and take a deer or
>whatever to feed my family
>if I had to. If
>that is what they were
>up to. That is alot
>of deer taken to feed
>a family. Do you think
>with the winter months here.
>That this type of poaching
>might happen more this year
>as more people are trying
>to feed families?

I'm pretty sure they have deer and bunnies in Mexico, go there and poach.
48288e6577d023b6.jpg

if everyone who was hungry, or who simply wanted some meat or a head went out and killed wildlfie, there would be very little if any left. that is why there are game laws.

300 million americans, a few million illegals, all out hunting cause they are hungry or want some game, the game is all gone, plane and simple.

no excuse, send them back home if they are illegals, and fine the hell out of them.

don

With lawyer fees, fines and penalties, I'd go look for some food in the dumpster behind the local grocery store before I'd poach a deer or elk. Food poison is probably cheaper?

Verry well said robbie can we start with my neighbors they keep complaining about the lights on the side of my house pointed at their yard their only 500,000.000.000.000 watts and there for good reason i will spring for the busses you drive !!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-09 AT 07:28PM (MST)[p]American calenders are hard to read . They where only off a few weeks for the deer hunt ?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-09 AT 10:03AM (MST)[p]The unfortunate thing about this whole deal is, like someone stated above, all the prosecution efforts will be in vain. We can't even prosecute armed robbers and murderers if they are illegal. They get deported back to the "mexican athorities". We all know where that is heading. They just come back with a different SS # and a new name. This was sport hunting at it's finest. If it moves kill it! So they were processing the meat. Who gives a rats a$$. Hell, maybe if they get hungry enough in the USA they will start traveling South instead of North. Just another insult handed out by idiots.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

What do you think would happen if some gringos snuck down south and shot a few burros. We wouldn't make it out alive. We need to reciprocate the hospitality.

Alright here is my outlook on this whole thing. As far as the guys poaching no matter what it is a illegal act no matter what race they are. Another thing is nowhere in the whole article did it say that they were illegal immigrants did it? Just because of the hispanic last name all you guys assumed that they were illegal immigrants. Are there not people of all races that poach animals? I'm sure without looking too hard it would be very easy to prove this point. So before you all start this whole deal about send them back how about you read the story and not add to it! I don't remember reading that I.C.E or any Border Patrol being involved in transporting the idiots to Mexico. I am not in anyway condoning the actions of the people involved. I am just appalled at the fact that a cyber lynch mob has showed up on here. Time to grow up and realize this is 2009 and not the 1950's. Ignorance is no excuse for the poachers or for racist comments.

Yep, let's all be politically correct. Where I'm from 80% of the crime is committed by 10% of the population (hispanic) FACT! Most are here on work visas or turn up illegal and are deported. While I admire your want to be civil, I'm tired of being politically correct. It got 13 soldiers killed in Texas. If they are citizens then throw their ass in jail and fine the hell out of them!!!!! If they are illegal aliens, get them the hell out of here!!!!! Politically correct needs to be a thing of the past.

www.awholelottabull.com

If you were to read my comment and not start off on another tangent. I am not condoning these idiots actions. But to throw a blanket over all people with Hispanic/Mexican last names is ignorant. Now you are placing the idiot who killed the 13 brave women and men in Fort Hood on the same ground as these poachers? Give me a break. I agree that if they are Illegal send them back if not jail and fine them. You sure do sound like you have concrete evidence on your so called facts. Numbers don't mean a thing to me because every race has its criminals. The biggest criminals are the white collars of this country. But that's another subject. I for one am not a Politically Correct type of guy. But when it comes to throwing out stupid comments with the computer to hide behind is crazy. A criminal is a criminal period. Was this country not a dumping ground for criminals from Europe and England? We are all from other countries and that's what make the US the great country it is. Like I said every race has it's pieces of sh*t. Just don't assume everybody with a Mexican last name is one.

Who'e hiding Tony? I don't hide my profile and there is all kinds of contact information out there . . . and the only blanket I laid out there was the politically corrrect blanket. I didn't put those poaching idiots on the same page as the Fort Hood terrorist. And, yes the numbers are concrete whether you like numbers or not. I really don't give a ship.

www.awholelottabull.com

I have to disagree that this country was a dumping ground for the criminals of Europe and England. You may be confused with Australia.

Tsquared you are confused about the U.S. being a dumping ground for England's criminals. That was Australia as it was set up as a penal colony by Great Britain.

I can understand your anger about thinking someone is making racist remarks about Hispanics in general all being illegal and criminals.

There is reason for this anger by U.S. citizens over what they perceive as too many illegal Mexican aliens being nothing but criminals.

I grew up in central CA. and as a kid worked the fields with many Hispanics who were here on work visas. They were by large very hard working proud people and very honest.

I have close friends who are of Mexican descent, but there is a thing that even angers me at times concerning alot of American Hispanics wanting the illegals be granted the right to stay here even if they are here illegaly.

The reason I feel this way is because this is not the 50's or 60's that I grew up in working with hispanics from Mexico. Today there is a very large influx of criminals from Mexico that slipped into here. I know this from being a retired law enforcement officer and seeing the crimes being committed by large numbers of illegal aliens from Mexico.
During the past 5-7 years, every major meth lab busted in my area of Northern CA. has been run by illegal aliens working for the Mexican drug cartels. They took over as the major producer from the Hells Angels MC in CA. Most of our rapes and robberies, and homicides have been committed by a large percentage of illegal Mexican aliens in the past few years.

Maybe that will give you some insight why some of us are very upset with the illegal alien problem, and do not agree with most of our American Hispanics who favor amnesty for the illegals.

I myself feel we need to close the border off, ship out every illegal alien. Then we need to start up a good immigrant worker program and fast track the workers into here for jobs that are available. Give the illegals that were shipped out priorty for the job positions as long as they do not have a criminal record here and in their country of orgin. They do not receive any welfare aid or free education for their children unless they become a citizen.
They should be allowed to fast track to citizenship by serving a 4 year tour with the military if they want too go that route. If they are willing to fight for this country, full citizenship should be given to them. While having a work visa they should be allowed to cross the border at will for the purpose of seeing their families.

My two cents for what it is worth.

RELH

"Politically correct".......BS!.

The numbers are real.

A large portion of the crime committed in this country is being done by illegal alien Mexicans.
A large portion of the crime committed in this country is being done by legal alien Mexicans.

Bottom line; they have zero respect for anyone or anything......not even themselves.

Our Liberal system makes excuses as to why we cannot hold them responsible for their crimes.

NOTE: The words, "large portion", do not mean ALL, so don't accuse me of being a racist......

Would the posts that are allegedly ignorant and racist be ignorant and racist had the article identified the men as illegal aliens? The post left the six losers behind almost immediately and morphed to a discussion regarding illegal immigration. It is not racist to speak out against illegal immigration or the societal problems that flow from it.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-09 AT 11:22PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-09 AT 11:21?PM (MST)

way to go DNR good work glad to see they got picked up no matter who they where.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom