Poaching

joesikora

Long Time Member
I just seen that Utah Game & Fish are prosecuting 9 cases of poaching.
I have a problem understanding this, why are these clowns killing these animals? Is it to mount them on the wall or to try and get their name in the record books or what? I know some gave me a little guff saying that I don’t have a problem with people in Hardin IL which is in Calhoun County shooting a doe for food for their family because there’s some people in Hardin that can differently use it, but these guys are hunting horns and I‘m going to guess their left the meat. Any thoughts?

I just seen that Utah Game & Fish are prosecuting 9 cases of poaching.
I have a problem understanding this, why are these clowns killing these animals? Is it to mount them on the wall or to try and get their name in the record books or what? I know some gave me a little guff saying that I don’t have a problem with people in Hardin IL which is in Calhoun County shooting a doe for food for their family because there’s some people in Hardin that can differently use it, but these guys are hunting horns and I‘m going to guess their left the meat. Any thoughts?
The question "why" covers a large spectrum of motive.

You'll never be able to lump all their motives into a singular group.

My guess is social media. They see people shoot big animals year after year legally and they want that but they can't get it done during the normal season. Or flip it and they do kill every year and the 1 year it doesn't work tbey can't take it if they don't kill a big one so they end up poaching to fill the void.

But these "celebrities" that are getting caught doing wrong 99% of that is for their ego and the social media fame.

My guess is social media. They see people shoot big animals year after year legally and they want that but they can't get it done during the normal season. Or flip it and they do kill every year and the 1 year it doesn't work tbey can't take it if they don't kill a big one so they end up poaching to fill the void.

But these "celebrities" that are getting caught doing wrong 99% of that is for their ego and the social media fa

But these "celebrities" that are getting caught doing wrong 99% of that is for their ego and the social media fame.
You know Wyo_Road-hunter said something that’s gives me another reason why! People are using them as advertisements on SM!

In ut it's because $.F.W. has stolen all the tags and people can't draw out its only going to get worse!

I'd have to guess its a sense of entitlement and selfishness and greed. They more than likely need the release of endorphins from having the bragging rights by possessing a high caliber animal.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to money. Or at least greed in some form.

We all like to blame social media for the ills that surround hunting, and I think it’s had major negative effects, but I can promise you there were a crap ton more deer killed illegally in 1960 than there was in 2022.

Of course there are those that do it because they think it will help their fame. I’m guessing the majority of illegally taken animals never see a social media post, however.

This differently sucks

8BFD7CA0-BAA7-468F-BD43-F3D3FA4B666F.jpeg

Is UT Game & Fish as hard on any type of hunting infractions like NM? The guy that guided for me during my mule deer hunt the year before his hunter forgot to get a habitat stamp or something like that almost caused the hunter to lose his trophy. I was pulled over after G&F he seen Rory the guide in my envoy and seen my deer. I pulled over and was so excited I was rushing the officer to hurry and see my trophy The officer asked if he could tAMe pictures of my buck to show the workers back at G&F. But here in IL unless it’s a huge offense IDNR will just write you a warning. We only have a few trophy whitetail deer not like it is out west.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom