Point and Shoot Camera/Video

Mooretitan

I am looking to improve my gear list over the summer and love pictures. I need some that is a good point and shoot camera that takes great pics but is also light weight and will hold up to backpacking.

Also would like to add a video camera that also fits the bill of light weight, great video and can hold up to backpack hunting.

I have access to a handful of upper end cannons with good lenses but they are way to big and heavy for what I am looking for

Thanks

Hi Mooretitan

I know what you mean. I have a Canon 5D and 7D, with several of their L series lenses. Awesome equipment, but hard, and expensive to pack around the mountain.

For a smaller point and shoot, I have been impressed with the Canon S series. I currently have the S120, but also owned the S95, and S100. They are compact, seem fairly rugged, and still have some manual operation options if you are into photography at that level(shutter speed,ISO,aperture, etc.) I also purchase this series because they have an underwater housing kit, that allows you to go 120 feet underwater, and he camera has an underwater setting, so I use it as my scuba cameras also.

Been good for me. Good luck

I have a Panasonic lumix ts5 that is 100% waterproof that fits in my pocket. It takes 1080 video and takes nice harvest and scenery shots. It wasn't too expensive so I've used and abused it and have no fear when it's nasty weather. I've used it for underwater fishing pics.

I'm considering getting a canon SX60. It has what is called a super zoom 65x lens that would be great for taking photos while scouting. It's a lot bigger in size than the lumix but I'd mostly use it around my truck or day hikes.

I also have a small video camera that works great for scouting with a 35x zoom. It's nice taking video home and looking in detail at horns and antlers.

Look at the sony cameras. I have the A600 and the rxii. the rxii is a point and shoot that also shoots 4k video. It's a bad a$$ little camera

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-17 AT 02:32PM (MST)[p]On the lower end of the budget with big zoom (40 optical) for video JVC Everio has a water/shock/dust proof camera that was pretty cheap a few years ago. I have an older model that isn't water/shock/dust proof and I have dragged that thing everywhere for about 5 years and it has done well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom