Point creep / Deer

Widi

How bad is it going to be on a good moisture year following a terrible moisture year.
I have 12 pts and hoping to draw a early rifle NR tag. Took 10 pts last year but feel it will be tough odds.

You should be good. The early hunts are tough and have a bad reputation. Because of the good antler growth I have been trying to convince buddies to apply for the early season this year and they refused. They applied for the late season because the thought of a late season tag this year is exciting. I am a resident and I applied for early Kaibab.

Make sure and get a receipt when you pay him for his points. That way there is a good paper trail for AZGFD that they can track back to this thread.

To be clear, I am a NR. The early rifle 12A west deer took 10 pts last year and will take 11 pts just due to normal point creep. I was wondering if due to a good moisture year that point creep would jump more than 1 pt? I already put my application in as an individual. No group application for me, just hoping to pull a tag!

>To be clear, I am a
>NR. The early rifle 12A
>west deer took 10 pts
>last year and will take
>11 pts just due to
>normal point creep. I was
>wondering if due to a
>good moisture year that point
>creep would jump more than
>1 pt? I already
>put my application in as
>an individual. No group application
>for me, just hoping to
>pull a tag!

I guess as a new resident I got lucky last year and drew 12A west early tag with 0 points.

>Make sure and get a receipt
>when you pay him for
>his points. That way there
>is a good paper trail
>for AZGFD that they can
>track back to this thread.
>

Who?s paying for points?

My plan has been to hold out for a late Kaibab tag. But, I was still tag-less this year. I was toying with the idea of applying for an early tag with 14 points, if I didn't draw CO deer. Luckily I drew my CO buck tag, so I'll be looking to luck into a random late tag now.

Don P

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-19 AT 10:12PM (MST)[p]>To be clear, I am a
>NR. The early rifle 12A
>west deer took 10 pts
>last year and will take
>11 pts just due to
>normal point creep. I was
>wondering if due to a
>good moisture year that point
>creep would jump more than
>1 pt? I already
>put my application in as
>an individual. No group application
>for me, just hoping to
>pull a tag!

I would imagine you might see some point creep but from what I'm hearing ALOT of guys with big points are going strip or bust so that may help you. Quite a few guys last year point guarded with the drought year so there all chomping at the bit this year.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom