Point Sharing

HerdBull

What's up guys! Quick question on point sharing. I've looked through Wyoming game and fish and can't find an answer. Figured Id post here as most members seem to be pretty savvy on this topic.

I have 6 Antelope points as does my Uncle. If we combine can we hunt a 12 point unit? Or does it only work to bring someone with zero points up. For instance if he had zero and I have 6, we would both have 3 going into the draw if we combined?

As it stands we are looking at hunting 115 next year with 6 points each unless we can combine up. Thanks In advance guys.

You do not get to "combine up". The points are averaged, and not even rounded up in Wyomoing. If you both have 6 points, then 6+6 / 2 = 6.
If one person has 5 points and the other 6 points, the average is 5.5.
If one has 6 points, and two have 5 points (3 in group), the average is 5.333

Those with 5.5 points are in line ahead of those with 5.33.
Simple math.

Bill

Thank you as well sir! I'm a Colorado native and have hunted here my whole life. I also hunt Kansas on the family ranch, and have hunted Nebraska and Oklahoma as well, but when it comes to Wyoming I've only ever applied for points. Thank you guys for sharing your input. I appreciate it.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom