Points Question

3darcher2

I've seen from time to time folks post a list of point holders by species and residency. I've also seen a breakdown of applicants by residency. I think maybe these are some sort of special run or request not readily available online. I tried searching here and Google and can't find anything so I'm asking if anyone has this info or if it's linked somewhere? Specifically elk and deer (I'm a NR) but anything would be good.

I've seen from time to time folks post a list of point holders by species and residency. I've also seen a breakdown of applicants by residency. I think maybe these are some sort of special run or request not readily available online. I tried searching here and Google and can't find anything so I'm asking if anyone has this info or if it's linked somewhere? Specifically elk and deer (I'm a NR) but anything would be good.
Go to azgfd.gov and then click on the apply for draw link, once that opens scroll down to bonus point process and open that link. All the info you're looking for is right there.

Go to azgfd.gov and then click on the apply for draw link, once that opens scroll down to bonus point process and open that link. All the info you're looking for is right there.
Ding Ding Ding

I probably looked right at that page and never saw it. The search engine on the AZGFD page never found any of it.

Thanks a bunch.

Well, I see we are up to 35 points for turkey now.

WTF?
It makes zero sense that Talkies & Pigs have max 35 points. If I remember right they instituted points for sheep, pronghorn & elk a few years before any of the other species? Max deer is at 27 :unsure:

It makes zero sense that Talkies & Pigs have max 35 points. If I remember right they instituted points for sheep, pronghorn & elk a few years before any of the other species? Max deer is at 27 :unsure:
Two points a year for Turks, bison and javelina

My favorite is the two residents with 35 javelina points. Gotta build those points for the trophy pig tag. Turkey I understand a little more because Goulds are tough to draw.
Ah…not being a turkey guy I wouldn’t know a goulds from a butterball. But in the dark corners of my mind I vaguely remember some magic turkeys down south somewhere. Maybe the Chiricahuas?

That explains the points, thx. Now I’ll just make fun of the javi points.

Ah…not being a turkey guy I wouldn’t know a goulds from a butterball. But in the dark corners of my mind I vaguely remember some magic turkeys down south somewhere. Maybe the Chiricahuas?

That explains the points, thx. Now I’ll just make fun of the javi points.
I’ve got 16 javelina points. Fire away!!

35 pts tor turkeys? I recently thought I’d throw my name in that hat since I’m already paying for the license for elk and deer. But 35? Dang! I’ll check out the link, but hopefully that’s just someone who is just buying, and normally just a few will draw. Although something tells me I’m gonna be disappointed ?

I’ve got 16 javelina points. Fire away!!
You a resident? I never looked but I can’t imagine there are units that “require” that many points.

Either that or you’ve shot one before, and you’re making a “you can’t make me kill another one” statement :)

My wife and have a ton of antelope points (CO) for that very reason. Someday we’ll have a reason to burn them.

Either way it’s none of my business, just nosy.

Last edited:
You a resident? I never looked but I can’t imagine there are units that “require” that many points.

Either that or you’ve shot one before, and you’re making a “you can’t make me kill another one” statement :)

My wife and have a ton of antelope points (CO) for that very reason. Someday we’ll have a reason to burn them.

Either way it’s none of my business, just nosy.
I bank some so I can average up a group when we decide to go down. I’ve got a few family members and friends that decide they wanna go but haven’t thought ahead so I can average a few people up to a guarantee when I wanna go.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom