Poll... Trophy Room Setup?

elks96

Long Time Member
So I finally have a trophy room/man cave... I have 2 options... 1 huge wall that will fit 90% of my treasures or the entire room spread out?

On epic wall is cool but some will be 15 foot high, all around would slow me specific sections, deer wall, elk wall, predators, and turkey?

Which would you do and why?

Depends on your age?

If ur younger, throw it all on one wall and expand onto other walls as you age.

If ur in the twilight of ur hunting career, spread em out!

I had spread mine out and enjoyed the spacing and mixture of memories. If you want to see a portion of mine go to the Alaska icon on this site and go to Dall sheep-coved . It is down about 30 postings.

Depending on how much you hunt and how old you are, many would not be able to fit everything on one wall.
I prefer them spread out so I can get a reminder of each hunt. I know one guy who's "man cave" looks more like a wildlife museum, and his trophies have expanded throughout his home as well. He pretty much has a taxidermist on retainer!

Both- One being a high ceiling wall to handle some of your larger ones and enough of the other parts of the room to spread them out or organize according to what you like.

This is the extent of my trophy room in the house!

the wife will not permit dead animals in the house due to space.

next home or cabin is gonna be packed with dead stuff!

but for now, my garage is my place of Zen!
Heck! Even the wife is starting to get embarrassed with the garage cuz of all the sheds and racks hanging!

I told her to park outside if she doesn’t like the way it looks!

61643BCE-576A-4C1A-8138-2ED160A888D5.jpeg

15 ft ceilings are pretty high. I like to be able to look more closely at my trophies. My house has 10' ceilings, and I think that's perfect( my opinion). Elk are a bit tall for 10', but with good placement they are no problem. I have an awesome wife, so mine are all spread out upstairs and in the garage.

Leave room for the addition of more stuff :LOL:

As Foghorn Leghorn would say. " Git it boy? Taxidermy? Stuffed? Ah made a funny boy. Laugh!!" :D:LOL:

My wife is a saint.
We have the main trophy room, and a few others scattered around the house.
In the trophy room (AKA TV room)...
17 deer (shoulder or Euro) and one at the taxi now, plus some pick up racks
2 good bull elk Euros
1 pronghorn (with 2 more shoulder mounts due back any day, and hopefully 2 more to go to the taxi in 3 weeks)
A sheep
A goat
A flying duck
And a bunch of sheds
Plus a ton of family hunting photos in some unique frames.

Really don't have much room left. So I need to start in the family room now.

Just my opinion, I think mounts look terrible all crowdead together, spread them out. If your going to mount them high they should be looking down. I understand when you don’t have enough room, I shouldn’t even be talking I have mounts and antlers scattered across two states and a lifesize desert sheep with a blanket on it in the shop. Good luck and have fun with it

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom