POLL: Vienna Sausages!

Are Vienna sausages...?

• Delicious

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Disgusting

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters

SanPitch

This is a little weird but as I’m sitting here eating Vienna sausages I remember that like 90% of people I ask think they’re the most disgusting things ever but they are my personal favorite hunting snack! So let me know what y’all think about em...

Also I’m getting sick of all the Corona talk so I thought I’d post something fun

Reminds me of the old days, out hunting with my dad and around 10 am he’d start talking sausage and eggs. You guessed it. Vienna’s and hard boiled eggs. If I was hungry enough I would eat them but man what a gut bomb!

I have to agree they are definitely a gut bomb, especially paired with boiled eggs!

I love vienna wienies. A few years ago they came out with smoke flavor.(y) Quality campfood there. Cheezits are awesome too.

I actually crave them a couple times a year, but admittedly have weird taste buds. I also crave potted meat, pickled pig knuckles, sardines, anchovies, muskrat. Yea, weird stuff.

Nopers...

source.gif

I don’t eat things like weenies, spam, etc. I have quality meat in the freezer when I am hungry. Maybe if I did not have meat in the freezer or the health and ability to go get fresh meat I might, maybe, possibly could choke them down.

My wife will not let’s me eat Vienna sausage or spam.

I love them, Dad always packed them on any fishing, hunting, or camping trip.

I do the same,,, and due to the fact that they are taboo makes them even more delicious!

I don’t eat things like weenies, spam, etc. I have quality meat in the freezer when I am hungry. Maybe if I did not have meat in the freezer or the health and ability to go get fresh meat I might, maybe, possibly could choke them down.

I have a freezer full of quality meat as well, but I just like the weenies and spam, plus most of us don’t cook a steak on our five minute break from hiking, a can of sausages are much easier...

I loved Vienna Sausages when I was young. Fried Spam, lettuce and tomato sandwiches too. Not crazy about them anymore.
The sickest looking stuff was green jello with Vienna sausages in it. I never tried it. Yuck

If I buy either, they may last in the cupboard for a day or two, then mysteriously disappear. Chucked in the trash.

My grandpa “Paw” was a true outdoorsman and mountain man for sure. When me and my cousins were little, he would take us trout fishing and we always packed saltine crackers and Vienna sausages, he would usually go by Davenport’s general store where we got to pick out our own drink to take. Mine was always a chocolate Brownie drink, man I always felt sorry for poor people when we were sitting on the river bank having our picnic! I would give anything to have one of those fishing trips again! But I have to admit my taste have changed, I could probably still eat a Vienna, if I could quit thinking about the clear jelly they pack those things in (lol)

My grandpa “Paw” was a true outdoorsman and mountain man for sure. When me and my cousins were little, he would take us trout fishing and we always packed saltine crackers and Vienna sausages, he would usually go by Davenport’s general store where we got to pick out our own drink to take. Mine was always a chocolate Brownie drink, man I always felt sorry for poor people when we were sitting on the river bank having our picnic! I would give anything to have one of those fishing trips again! But I have to admit my taste have changed, I could probably still eat a Vienna, if I could quit thinking about the clear jelly they pack those things in

You Dummy!

That's Part You're Supposed to Eat!:D

(lol)

My late dad had some cans on the shelf. I took them on my ‘19 elk hunt and enjoyed them cooked in with a pack of wild rice. Not bad 8-9 pm after hiking all day. Have also made special hunt or holiday occasions with his last cans of boiled peanuts and some of the last cans of pepper pot and scotch broth soup.

Vienna's, beanie weenies, spam, cracker n cheese. Perfect to toss in your fanny pack or backpack. Now with micro stoves, we toss in knorr spanish rice sides. Boil up some rice, toss in jalipino spam peices, and if it colder outside, boil up some coffee to go along with it. Might even have some fruit leather for desert.....

Vienna's, beanie weenies, spam, cracker n cheese. Perfect to toss in your fanny pack or backpack. Now with micro stoves, we toss in knorr spanish rice sides. Boil up some rice, toss in jalipino spam peices, and if it colder outside, boil up some coffee to go along with it. Might even have some fruit leather for desert.....
Fruit leather ..lol?

To sit around at home and eat them, no thanks. But to throw them in the pack for a picnic while hunting, pretty darn easy and tasty!

It must be the altitude or the flora in the area that makes them so good because they're delicious at over 6000' with pines, sage and quakies in the area!

Zeke

Some people are born with innate gifts. Some are phenomenal painters, others musicians, still others the ability to put things together that taste phenomenal. My daughter in law is of the latter.

She can make the ordinary foods jump, and in this case it was SPAM sushi rolls. I am not lying. So amazingly good, I shamelessly beg her to make more. Touch of soy sauce and a dot of wasabe....dear god. It was unbeleivable. Rolled up in a sweet sticky rice and wrapped with pressed seaweed..... I need a moment. Excuse me.

I do like SPAM (something posing as meat) diced up with and scrambled with onions, eggs, and green, red, yellow or orange peppers. Also like it fried up on a sandwich.

Viennas...my pops put me onto those at an early age as well. Scrape the slime off and pop'em in. Yummy!

When I was a kid going with my dad VS,spam,pop tarts and a loaf of bread is all we needed for a weekend hunt. If we wanted something hot we would mix the VS with a can of chili

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom