POLL: What species will you be applying for?

What species will you be applying for?

• Total voters

Founder

Founder Since 1999
The application deadline is April 7th. Which game animals will you be applying for?

Expand below on what you think your odds are of scoring on one of those tags.

5.jpg

I’m putting in for Colorado only

Deer, I’ll draw
Elk, I should draw my first choice, I’m sure I will draw a 2nd choice should my first choice fall through. And I‘ll hunt elk twice on a B list tag too.
Moose, I have 17 weighted points but I get the feeling I’ll never draw...
Pronghorn, should draw a doe tag.

I've got 18 elk points and nothing sounds good. I'm way below max and way over most other units. I'm going to sit tight, collect an elk point every year and hope CO starts to close more units and make them draw units.

I’ll probably apply for a deer tag, but mostly to get a point. I was hoping to maybe find an LO tag, but I may end up righting up my budget and maybe catch something on the leftover list.
The wife might hunt elk, not sure.

I’ll probably apply for a deer tag, but mostly to get a point. I was hoping to maybe find an LO tag, but I may end up righting up my budget and maybe catch something on the leftover list.
The wife might hunt elk, not sure.

I’ll be looking for a LO or returned tag also.

I try to get second choice deer and pronghorn tags as a backup plan if other states don't draw me.

I always seem to get lucky and draw somewhere else and return the Colorado tags. I like how the Colorado system works.

Everything possible except desert sheep because I apply for Rocky’s...
3 plus 12 for sheep going in
3 plus 12 for moose going in
3 plus 12 for goat going in
14 points for bear now still chasing the Bosque del oso
0 points for muleys first choice tags from here on out
4 points for elk (should pull a decent archery tag)
1 point antelope (no clue why im building points in Colorado again)

Both my boys are getting married this fall. I've already had the WTF are you thinking talk with a fall wedding but I guess as with my wife those gals have some power we are and can be helpless too. So now I'ma looking at drawing my elk 1st choice which is a cow and will draw. Deer will be a point since both boys are cashing in their points. Be a point too for antelope since the weddings will be happening during the archery season. Still get ample hunting just not as planned. We'll still plan on our Wyoming antelope and whatever we pick up for left overs.

My oldest got a job in Wyoming so this will be his last fall hunting Colorado for a while and we want to make the best of it. He has a fair amount of points and should have a great deer hunt.

Burned my deer points last year so wont draw this year.
Sitting on 4 elk points and will never catch up to 76 archery again but have had four great hunts there with my dad before he passed away! not sure what unit I will try for but will likely just do a point this year.

My middle son has 12 elk and 12 deer points. He is a few years away from the 76 archery elk tag and has a pretty good chance at his choice for his desired 3rd season deer tag. just trying to decide if he should apply this year or wait until next year with the later dates vs chance of losing out due to drastic point creep.

My other two sons will just be doing points for both elk and deer they each have 13 and 8 points accumulated.

We all pulled out of the goat and sheep race.

Sheep 3 and 19 38th sheep app.
Moose 3 and 19 33rd?? I have never missed a moose app since they started to give tags.
Elk 0 pts should draw front yard.
Deer 2 pts won't draw
Bear should draw front yard
Pronghorn 13 pts might draw front yard.
No Mt goat 2 is enough.

Should draw elk.
Hope to draw deer as well.
Antelope = 5 points now, should get me there.
Always successfully drawing bear, but haven't been successful with the harvest - WTF? haha
And moose, 3 plus 15 is a joke. 25 years of apps and nothin'

Just applied for 4th Season Deer in Unit 66 (21 resident points).
Group application for elk muzzle loader Units 7/8/9/19/191 (0 points), second choice 2nd season.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom