Pollo ala Antonio...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
..or another experiment for last night's meal. Fried up a large chicken breast in olive oil with garlic & others spices. When the chicken was almost done, cut it into smaller chunks, then added mushrooms & tomato sauce and let everything stew for about 15 mins. more. Was going to use rigatoni but decided on farfalle (butterflies) instead. Sprinkled with a liberal amount of parmesan & added a nice mixed salad, crispy bread & red zinfandel.

chickalatony.JPG

chickalatony2.JPG

Last edited:
Brings back fond memories of growing up in northern NJ. Only the Noni called it farfalle. I sure loved staying for dinner at friends houses. All the hip kids were driving Chevy Impalas, Novas and Chevelles, and called everything "bowties", after their cars. Even the pasta, to drive Mom nuts!!

Brings back fond memories of growing up in northern NJ. Only the Noni called it farfalle. I sure loved staying for dinner at friends houses. All the hip kids were driving Chevy Impalas, Novas and Chevelles, and called everything "bowties", after their cars. Even the pasta, to drive Mom nuts!!
Yup, I often called them bowties, as many Americans did. Farfelle is actually the Italian word meaning butterflies, however. Farfelle entered history sometime in the 1500s; bowties weren't around until the 1800s.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom