Popped my cherry...

Swivelneck

Well,
I finally got an antelope tag in my pocket, and was fortunate enough to put it on a nice little Nevada buck. Having never hunted goats before, I wasn't super sure how this deal would go down, especially with a bow in my hand.
Fortunately for me though, things came together on the 4th day of season. He came in to the blind in the afternoon and despite a horrible first shot I got him on the ground. It definitely wasn't a dream scenario once the first arrow flew, but that's sometimes how it goes in the real world. I did the best I could under the circumstances and luckily came home with a nice buck and some outstanding meat.
I had a great time on the hunt and look forward to doing it again sometime. Apologies for the quality of the field photo, my adrenaline was up pretty high by the time I got this guy anchored and photos were more of an afterthought!
Best of luck to the rest of you!

BT.jpg

Goat.jpg

Nice one. I've only been lucky enough to get out West and shoot one of them myself. Shot him with the bow though too. I need togetback out there. Thanks for sharing.

That's a very fine pronghorn with a bow!
I've shot smaller and larger with a bow but I was always thrilled by every adventure.
Ya dun good man!!!!
Zeke

Congrats. Antelope hunting is a blast and with a bow is extra special. You did well. Yes, some good meat. Never had a bad one yet. Quarter and cool down ASAP and it is tasty. Thanks for posting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom