Portuguese ABT's (atomic buffalo turds)

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
I smoked some ribs and some ABT's for dinner tonight..I thought I would try something different than the usual ABT's I make with just cream cheese stuffing..

I put a sliver of linguica in half of them...They were tasty!

a.jpg

a1.jpg

On my drum smoker with foiled ribs..

a2.jpg

All done..

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

The ribs were good too...I just forgot to take pics of the finished product..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Wow...those look tasty. Do you just use regular jalepenos?

I am going to cook my doves like that this year. Last year I used one of those pepper rack things. Cut the top off a pepper and stuff everything in it. NO worky. Not enough room in the peppers.

Those do look tastey. Even I could do that. Those are jalepenos? Take the seeds out I guess? Any suggestions for other kinds of peppers?

Did you cook the ribs wrapped up in foil?

Eel

Bucksnort, I have enjoyed your cooking posts. It seems as though I get real hungry looking at all that good food you make. I thought I would ask a pro a few questions.

1. When you are doing your abt's does the jalapenos turn out crunchy or soft?

2. I have have been thinking of building your UDS and was wondering how I could possibly make the UDS convert into a smoker that could cold smoke cheese. I was thinking of some sort of attachment that would have a separate smoke box that I could load with wood chunks and just filter smoke up to the cheese. Any ideas?

Thanks again, Smitty

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-10 AT 02:26PM (MST)[p]Ramtagless, Yes regular Jalepenos..

Eel,... I do My Ribs at 225-250 deg. with the 3-2-1 method.. (3 hours on, 2 hours wrapped in foil, and 1 hour without the foil) and put BBq sauce on the last 30 minutes of cook...

Smitty, I'm no pro..The peppers come out soft and mild after 1-1.5 hours @ 225

There are folks who cold smoke on these drums but you have to be care full with the temps when doing cheese..You can experiment with only a few lit coals + a chunk of your desired smoking wood.I would also place the coals on one side of the drum and the cheese on the other...This will keep the cheese cooler by not having the heat directly under it..

If you have problems with too high of temps for the cheese there are products I have seen that you can place into the drum for it to work...I'll see if I can find a link to it...

Here ya go.... http://www.macsbbq.co.uk/CSG.html

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

thanks again for the info, the product in the cold smoker link looks like it would work great. On a side note....have you used a jb weld in order to make a smoker or know someone who has? I was wondering if the weld would hold up to the heat.

thanks again, smitty

Yes JB weld will hold... However I think you can get the small Nuts used on conduit and I think they will screw onto the Iron pipe...I'm not 100% sure on this but it is worth a try...If you dont have a welder do both the conduit nuts and the JB weld, that should hold up unless you drop the drum onto the pipe nipple...

Just remember to get black Iron pipe and not Galvanized ...Stay away from Galvanized metal when your dealing with food...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

Thanks Snort - I will be posting up pictures of pepper doves ala buck snort around 9/5 or so. (Assuming I do not throw my shotgun end over end into the stock pond.)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-10 AT 07:55PM (MST)[p]DAMN IT BUCK! YOU WENT AND DID IT AGAIN!

I opened your post up and immediately my stomach started screaming at me that it wants some ABT's. I know, I know, I started this dang forum. It's a love/hate thing I guess.

All kidding aside what is linguica? I "Googled" it and all that Wikipedia says is that it's a Portuguese sausage. If I break down the word logically, I associate the word "lingua" with tongue. Is it made from hog's tongue?

Ram has one hell of a good idea for doves. I'm going to try that as well. That really sounds YUMMY! :D

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_13010.jpg[/img][/url]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-10 AT 09:32PM (MST)[p]I don't think it is tongue ...Hell it may be in there...I think it is made from what most sausage is made from (lips and but holes lol) It just has portuguese seasoning maybe? It is really good, most people who I have try it really like it..It goes great for breakfast with fried eggs..

Just found a link for you.. Here is the stuff I buy.. http://www.silvasausage.com/members/silva/home.nsf/prodnum/2F4F2AFAD2A77F5A88256D6C002373B1

Yes, I believe ram has a good idea with the doves as well..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

Those look absolutely walking talking, heart attack, die with a smile on your face good. What is that overcooked twinkee looking thing at the top of the pan? Thanks for what looks like a great treat.

Okay, As I was working on my elk stroganoff I decided to try out some of those ABTs. Other than the fact I got busy and forgot they were on the grill, those that survived were great. Thanks, I'll have to do that again when we have company.

>Okay, As I was working on
>my elk stroganoff I decided
>to try out some of
>those ABTs. Other than
>the fact I got busy
>and forgot they were on
>the grill, those that survived
>were great. Thanks, I'll have
>to do that again when
>we have company.

Glad you liked them...There's a lot of different ways they can be made...The twinkie looking thing on the grill was just a piece of the Linguica I had left over..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom