Post One Photo Per Day

F8460D38-3F6C-42DD-901E-0D63CBBD7A2D.jpeg
Brown munching on a blacktail hyde...

Havasu -- at the outlet into the Colorado

View attachment 42966
Not to pick nits, but you sure about that? Both times I have been there (from the river) you tied your boats basically to the cliffs. That looks more like the confluence with the Little C On those rare occasions when it isn’t muddy.

Not to detract from your excellent photos of one of my favorite places. (y) I’m probably 100 days or so in the canyon one way or another.

you could be correct - the little CO has never been muddy when I've been there
It’s been a while and I was hoping father time hadn’t stolen another. I seem to remember cottonwoods and willows pretty much all the way to the river on Havasu Creek…….

Either way your pics have triggered a flood of memories and may even inspire me to do a little digging in some boxes. Please keep them coming. (y)

Incidentally, one of the best GC photography books out there back in the day was by John Blaustein. Check it out if you haven’t.

It’s been a while and I was hoping father time hadn’t stolen another. I seem to remember cottonwoods and willows pretty much all the way to the river on Havasu Creek…….

Either way your pics have triggered a flood of memories and may even inspire me to do a little digging in some boxes. Please keep them coming. (y)

Incidentally, one of the best GC photography books out there back in the day was by John Blaustein. Check it out if you haven’t.

arghh! you've forced me to have to think!

this is the entrance to Havasu canyon from the main river
(you have to park the boats right in the mouth):

p2956024363-6.jpg

and this is the entrance to the little colorado from the main (boat parking just upstream of the outlet):

p2955854061-6.jpg

thus, you are correct! ;)

Doing great, folks. (y)

Now a reminder message from our sponsor for those joining in the middle of the thread:

Over the years I've seen some great photos by members of MM posted on this site.

Here's the gist of it -- post a single photo (or two) each day in a reply with no more than two lines of descriptive text. Limit the photos to outdoor scenics, live animals and people doing things in the outdoors. They do not have be hunting related. Save the dead critter/hero photos for the other forum sections. Lastly, please do not hijack the thread with other discussions unrelated to the posted images. Start a separate thread!

Now let's have a little fun & see how long we can keep this thread going. I'll start with a reply to this message.

RMBighorn2.jpg

Last edited:
Another slot from upper antelope canyon. there was a time the slot canyons were my favorite photography subject and I traveled quite a bit exploring them. One of my wife's friends told her "of course he likes them! they all look like coochies!" and now I can't unsee it....

p1391550750-5.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom