Post One Photo Per Day

California Bighorns in Oregon.

_AAQ2446.jpg

The Chorus line - aka black-bellied whistling ducks

View attachment 48462
Had a friend who went to Venezuela to hunt them many years ago. They were hunting in flooded timber and had to retrieve them quickly or they would start quivering and then disappear as the piranha mobbed them. He was just a bit slow on one, reaching it just as it started quivering. When he scooped the duck up, he had a small piranha dangling from his hand for a second before it dropped off, taking a chunk of his finger with it. If I was going to a foreign country to hunt ducks, I think I'd go for Mandarins.

_AAC7488.jpg

Had a friend who went to Venezuela to hunt them many years ago. They were hunting in flooded timber and had to retrieve them quickly or they would start quivering and then disappear as the piranha mobbed them. He was just a bit slow on one, reaching it just as it started quivering. When he scooped the duck up, he had a small piranha dangling from his hand for a second before it dropped off, taking a chunk of his finger with it. If I was going to a foreign country to hunt ducks, I think I'd go for Mandarins.
Those were at Lake Baccarac in Mexico. No piranha but some really nice bass.

IMG_20210807_092241142_HDR.jpg

Next weekend is the opener of our local A zone blacktail season. Our famous redwood grove campsite offers many great spots. I was a bit anxious this morning and planted my flag in my favorite spot. Lots of fun will be had with this group that have been hunting together for well over 25+ years.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom