Post One Photo Per Day

20210904_091107.jpg

20210904_091146.jpg

ok, the follow up on the Freedom Tower (1776 feet tall now).

So after riding the rickety chain driven elevator 1000‘ up the side (it would be a very popular adventure park ride:oops:), we stopped for a look off the 75th floor.

The wind was blowing 50 mph and it was raining sideways, so forgive me for not getting a better picture. I just didn’t trust the orange safety fence.:oops:
0E2C9911-2261-407C-BB57-E60F24F0042D.jpeg
C9C6B336-1910-4E0F-85C7-C3138EC05B99.jpeg

Tony usually hits the NY bait. I rode up that elevator on the side of that building once. :oops:

ok, the follow up on the Freedom Tower (1776 feet tall now).

So after riding the rickety chain driven elevator 1000‘ up the side (it would be a very popular adventure park ride:oops:), we stopped for a look off the 75th floor.

The wind was blowing 50 mph and it was raining sideways, so forgive me for not getting a better picture. I just didn’t trust the orange safety fence.:oops:View attachment 64451View attachment 64452

Very cool. Living and working in the City I observed The Tower rising through the years.

Freedom Tower 2012 - 1.jpeg

Freedom Tower 2011 - 1.jpeg

Freedom Tower 2017 - 1.jpeg

Took my rastaman buddy up he was a sub foreman there.

Very cool. Living and working in the City I observed The Tower rising through the years.

View attachment 64455

View attachment 64456

View attachment 64457

Took my rastaman buddy up he was a sub foreman there.
The guys I worked with built a lot of stuff in and around the city, including the steel erection of the original towers. Later they helped with the demo, “bathtub “ excavation and blasting (I’ve been there when they touched off a shot - not what you see everyday in lower Manhattan), transportation hub, and the “oculus”.

That’s just the WTC site. Don’t get me started on subways and Newtown Creek, which I believe may be the biggest turd laundry in the world.

If people think standing on a corner in NYC is crazy, they should try putting a subway line under 2nd avenue. :cool:

Well, when we start getting memes of soviet POS’s it looks like the tread has run its course.:( It was bound to lose momentum without Tony’s help.

Shame because I just started digitizing the old stuff.

That’s what I need to do, is digitizing the old stuff. I happen to like the picture of Putan though. Carry on!

ROBD: reduced oxygen breathing device. USN used low pressure chambers for many years to simulate hypoxia. In 2004 or so, we used this simulator, along with the introduction of Nitrogen into an air mask to simulate hypoxia. Much safer and a lot more fun. We could enter almost any airport in the US to simulate a takeoff, mission and landing.

9db42GB.jpg

Well, when we start getting memes of soviet POS’s it looks like the tread has run its course.:( It was bound to lose momentum without Tony’s help.

Shame because I just started digitizing the old stuff.
He's back. Thanks for trying to keep the train on the tracks, Blue. Guess it's time for the fine print again.

Over the years I've seen some great photos by members of MM posted on this site.

Here's the gist of it -- post a single photo (or two) each day in a reply with no more than two lines of descriptive text. Limit the photos to outdoor scenics, live animals and people doing things in the outdoors. They do not have be hunting related. Save the dead critter/hero photos for the other forum sections. Lastly, please do not hijack the thread with other discussions unrelated to the posted images. Start a separate thread!

Now let's have a little fun & see how long we can keep this thread going. I'll start with a reply to this message.

Hershey.jpg

Over the years I've seen some great photos by members of MM posted on this site.

Here's the gist of it -- post a single photo (or two) each day in a reply with no more than two lines of descriptive text. Limit the photos to outdoor scenics, live animals and people doing things in the outdoors. They do not have be hunting related. Save the dead critter/hero photos for the other forum sections. Lastly, please do not hijack the thread with other discussions unrelated to the posted images. Start a separate thread!
View attachment 65297
Have a great day everyone,

The old marble canyon bridge. I always worried someone would drop something at you.View attachment 65376
Heading north to school one winter day, I was at the most northern part of Denver on I-25. It was a Sunday and the roads were mostly deserted.

Some people were running towards my lane (on an overpass) and, that's what I thought....they are gonna drop something. They did. Both girls dropped their tops.

After making it all the way through Green River, Cataract Canyon, and then the Grand Canyon the original Powell party finally came apart at a place now called Separation rapid. It was essentially the LAST rapid on the river. An amazing American adventure story.??

This is the plaque there. Lot’s on Wiki if you’re interested.
821DF23F-1767-49B8-A00D-00F91133A988.jpeg

1642640085480.jpeg

One my favorite things, when I’ve had the opportunity to travel is looking at the different birds. Whether it’s in Iowa, Mexico, Africa, the marsh lands, the prairies or the mountains. Every environment has different birds, setting in a blind, waiting for some critter to wonder by, watching the birds doubles the pleasure.

After making it all the way through Green River, Cataract Canyon, and then the Grand Canyon the original Powell party finally came apart at a place now called Separation rapid. It was essentially the LAST rapid on the river. An amazing American adventure story.??

This is the plaque there. Lot’s on Wiki if you’re interested.View attachment 65542
Thanks for sharing this one. I invested a few hours reading various accounts of Howland's and Dunn's demise. I spent a couple weeks hunting that area a decade ago and enjoyed thinking about that country and what it would have been like 150 years ago.

Thanks for sharing this one. I invested a few hours reading various accounts of Howland's and Dunn's demise. I spent a couple weeks hunting that area a decade ago and enjoyed thinking about that country and what it would have been like 150 years ago.
It’s one of two plaques that used to be down there. The other was for an old riverrat named Bert Loper and was placed where the remains of his boat are.

To be in the bottom of the big ditch and reading some of the accounts of the Powell expedition is kinda chilling if you have any imagination at all. Besides some alterations caused by the managed flows from Glen Canyon, the place is pretty much the same.

Oh, and on the relative scale of things that part of the world hasn’t changed much in the last 150 years. Thats why we go.(y)
B127B847-FC5C-4AA6-B600-C7BCC6CB7369.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom