Post One Photo Per Day

My dogs reaction after I missed a couple birds
1CD50CC9-97DD-4FC2-972E-2C072C7B4A22.jpeg

Ok, been busy and finally got around to some downloads. Here’s the DOW doing their wildlife harassment counts in my ‘hood. They ran pretty much everything out of the country. At least I hope it was the fish cops. :oops:
B1BE075A-9E0D-4427-8853-FA93D132E57A.jpeg
1DDBD886-9C01-49A4-B2CD-B6726D6AA7B6.jpeg
C8DE740F-62B5-4A0C-B51F-03D9D1949E3A.jpeg
E72BAD59-CE85-4148-8D54-ECC4FE731D51.jpeg
5CCDCC5C-2384-4BF2-BDBD-1F4EC0D3606D.jpeg

The arorementioned train starting up into the Verde (az) canyon.

Fun facts from my childhood (and since) stomping grounds. This rr spur was to haul cement from the Clarkdale plant out to the world. There was only a little train every few weeks, so the tracks were a favorite playground. Walking across a trestle is sorta spooky.

Ive floated this stretch of the Verde many times in my youth. Thats the Verde box canyon on the right. Used to be big catfish, now there’s coues deer.

Anyway, I thought the train ride was lots of fun with a big crowd of family. And did I mention our car had a bar? :)
A2AC979B-03A2-44F4-B1E5-BC2AE7CF5DBD.jpeg

Got a herd of a couple hunnert elk down the road. I try not to bother them but there’s a steady stream of cars driving by to watch them paw the snow. More snow on the way.View attachment 99997
I was down your way yesterday, there has been more than a few elk crossing back and forth on the highway just east of Dove Creek, makes for some dangerous conditions. That Semi that is crashed off the side of the road looks like that was quite a ride.

I was down your way yesterday, there has been more than a few elk crossing back and forth on the highway just east of Dove Creek, makes for some dangerous conditions. That Semi that is crashed off the side of the road looks like that was quite a ride.
Way too many of these truck drivers are a menace on the icy roads, and people end up dead. EVERY YEAR.

CDOT could could fix it for less than the cost of a few lawsuits and save a bunch of critters and people. Shame.

Competition for second cycle does can be fierce! Very rare to witness a knock-down dragout fight between muley bucks, and even rarer to have a camera when it happens! Cool stuff.

Kinda disappointed the sound was off though... :p
Ok, since you asked nicely. And only about 5 people come here.

I shoot thru the lense, and the mic must be somewhere around my mouth. Plus I cuss a lot so audio has never really been my friend. I need to put a piece of tape or something over it.:mad: I rarely do videos anyway.

Anyway, here’s the end with the hair flying and stuff.

I used to see one every few years, in the spring. Last year about 20 of them showed up and stayed around for about 10 days. I think they’re fun to watch. I would not want to get whacked in the forehead with that beak.

I used to see one every few years, in the spring. Last year about 20 of them showed up and stayed around for about 10 days. I think they’re fun to watch. I would not want to get whacked in the forehead with that beak.
I didn't know they weren't super common everywhere in Utah. They're all over the place up north, I've used pellet guns to shoot dozens while they were banging holes in our stucco and even on the copper chimney cap over the years.

Occasionally you'll find their feathers on the ground and they're pretty cool, they're practically neon orange.

He was at my parents house, my mom said he has been around for a couple week's.
Interesting to watch them wood peckers they must have glue or some kind of stickum on their feet.
That’s a Flicker. Like Griz said, they tear the hell out of things. A fake owl will keep them away.

I’m glad we broadened into birds. That’s the only thing left here in siberia.
FEFD851B-7947-425B-8963-A7C8FD415B84.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom