Post One Photo Per Day

Sexy gun bonus pic…….30 years in the safe and she’s gunna blow up some prairie dogs this year. I decided guns are for shootin.
10D307C0-529E-4C25-BD67-67FB9D0959BA.jpeg

That is purdy! What is it?
A custom 22-250 my dad had built 50+ years ago by a guy in Prescott Az named Paul Marquart. It’s built on a Sako L579 action (small) with an A&M barrel. It shoots too.;)

On edit: here’s an OLD magazine with an article on A&M guns inventing something called a “17 Javalina” back in the ‘50’s (pg 33). A necked down 222. Kinda fun to look back at an old gun magazine :oops:

Last edited:
I've been slacking off big time. Here's a few pics of various stuff. Anyone know what kind of bird this is? Something we don't typically see in Wyoming. This pic was taken near Little Mtn on a pond first week of May. I figure he was migrating. Never seen one before

IMG_2006 copy.jpg

IMG_4994 copy.jpg

IMG_5016 copy.jpg

IMG_3014 copy.jpg

The winch said I need to drop about 25 :cautious:

Theres no remote for that rinky dink atv winch, so when you break thru the crust it’s quite a haul for the poor thing. Unless you want to stand next to it and run over yourself, which I’ve done :rolleyes:

Regardless, you’re in the line of fire if the cable breaks.
Hey Blue, throw a jacket or a coat over the cable. Zip up the coat or run the cable through a hoodie and that will slow a cable down if it breaks.

I've been slacking off big time. Here's a few pics of various stuff. Anyone know what kind of bird this is? Something we don't typically see in Wyoming. This pic was taken near Little Mtn on a pond first week of May. I figure he was migrating. Never seen one before

View attachment 105978

View attachment 105980

View attachment 105981

View attachment 105982
I’m going with common egret (great egret) or immature cattle egret. Both have yellow bills and black legs, and are apparently wandering northward.

Bonus turkey fight video. Ornery bastiges. :oops:
View attachment 106482
Cool video blue. I don’t know annything about turkeys (quite possibly the only subject I’m not an intellectual genius on). That looks like a mature vs a jake. Will those white tail feathers eventually fall out and darker ones grow in, or is that bird have some kind of color mutation?

Cool video blue. I don’t know annything about turkeys (quite possibly the only subject I’m not an intellectual genius on). That looks like a mature vs a jake. Will those white tail feathers eventually fall out and darker ones grow in, or is that bird have some kind of color mutation?
I’m dumber than you on turkeys….one of the few critters I've never killed. I don’t even know what kind they are. I heard they came from Utah over Monticello way so for all I know they are Brigham’s. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, theres like a dozen or so of them that square off throughout the day. Those particular ones both have 6” or so beards so don’t know how old they are. I can’t understand the pecking order at all, as there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason. Even the hens have some rules.

BTW, real turkeys are some of the worst turkey callers I've ever heard.

But it’s better than looking at snow. Double bonus pic. :)
FF3918E6-76D2-4349-83C9-43B4D2F07A22.jpeg

Last edited:
Based on the above excellent photo I would. say those are Merriam's...white tipped tail feathers. Rios have a tan/brown tip. Pheasants and turkeys seem to love just grabbing on to each others heads/necks and growling. A few years ago my grand-daughter and I were turkey hunting in a blind out in Kansas. All of a sudden we hear this fairly loud growling right next to the blind. It was two **** pheasants that had each other by the throat. It went on for about 15 minutes.

Based on the above excellent photo I would. say those are Merriam's...white tipped tail feathers. Rios have a tan/brown tip. Pheasants and turkeys seem to love just grabbing on to each others heads/necks and growling. A few years ago my grand-daughter and I were turkey hunting in a blind out in Kansas. All of a sudden we hear this fairly loud growling right next to the blind. It was two **** pheasants that had each other by the throat. It went on for about 15 minutes.
This dude had his buddy by the lower lip and marched him around the yard for about 5 minutes. I thought he might kill him.
A75AAD05-6059-4394-A6C1-8C4C2B75BA13.jpeg

Perfect photo of a big tom. Turkeys are weird. It is not unusual after you shoot one that the other toms will mount it and breed it. They will do this with decoys as well. In many ways they are really smart and in other ways dumber than a rock.

Perfect photo of a big tom. Turkeys are weird. It is not unusual after you shoot one that the other toms will mount it and breed it. They will do this with decoys as well. In many ways they are really smart and in other ways dumber than a rock.
I know what you mean. I leave the gate open to the dog kennel, and they will wander around in it calmly until I go outside and make them nervous. Then they forget how they got in. They will fly from tree to tree, but not over the 6’ fence. They don’t appear to think spatially.

Go back inside and it takes them about 30 seconds to find the gate - WAY faster than a fawn.
FDD58C16-926C-4F7F-A152-5A92A11043FC.jpeg

I’ve probably driven by that 1000 times. We had it as a backdrop in lots of work pics.

Best I can tell, this gobbler is the boss of the dozen or so that are running around here. Note that somebody tore his beard off. They make a surprising amount of noise dragging their wings around on the ground too.
7688D4F6-F96C-4452-AAFA-E645C837EBC8.jpeg

Staying on birds, we also had a redtail that nested in a nearby tree for the last 25 years or so. She did not make it back this year either. But the good news is we have another one sitting a nest in some other trees that I can get a camera to. Hope to get some baby hawk pics soon.

We did find this shed yesterday though. And for you purists, this was a last year shed so doesn’t fall under this years dates :ROFLMAO:
IMG_5708.jpeg

I believe I have that same deer pic….by way of some verde valley boys.

Some of you may recognize Lone Cone. Here’s one from about when the snow peaked.
yep, I’m sure you you do. A Verde valley a native, Cortez resident, guided the hunter. He was no secret off the Lebanon road. I’ve got a few special photos of him. Absolute tank.

Please don’t show that to the Utah guys. They’ll be distraught to learn that a pizzer survived.

View attachment 109163
Shoot’em quick…….. you can’t stock pile’em…….. ???

Can’t let that meat go to waste, those flowers are for the does cuz there’s not enough for both.

We need to stop this conversation immediately, ODW is gonna show up and it ain’t gonna be pretty.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom