post up 320-330 bulls

BigPig

Very Active Member
Would love to see as many pics as possible of 320-330 class bulls. Especially ones that have actually been scored.

What are you trying to say chipc? No one ever says anything except for what the tape measure says...

;-)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Here is a 340 bull I killed in Northern New Mexico last September. He was scored by a P&Y measurer here in Abq. He grossed 340 1/8 and Net 333 0/8. Good luck this year.

698609090864.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-10 AT 10:51PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-10 AT 08:06?PM (MST)

Ed, I somehow knew you'd be chimin' in here with unwanted commentary. Bite me. I'll probably shoot smaller, and be happy with it too!

ABQ, great mass on that hogg!

roado, That bull looks solid 330 to me. Great fronts, nice thirds and his right side is huge! He'd be well deserving of my arrow!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-10 AT 08:20AM (MST)[p]I plan on shooting the one that makes me pizz my pants. That's all. I just want to get get good at judging the maybes. It's easy to spot a real monster and easy to pass a dink. It's the ones in between that sometimes fool me.

Like the pick up above. If all you saw was his right side, it'd be easy to think 350. Regardless, that is a stud bull and looks bigger than 330! That one dies without hesitation! Actually, any of them posted so far do.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-10 AT 08:59AM (MST)[p]The night before the hunt started my friends asked what type of bull I wanted and I told them heavy and funky. Well the next morning thats what I got. My buddy did a rough score just for fun and he came up with 330-335. Hes probably closer to 320-325 but he is just a cool looking bull. What a fun hunt!

75642009_utah_bull_010.jpg

Great post BigPig. I'm in your same boat. It's hard to judge the in-between bulls. I keep getting duped by nice symmetrical 6x6's that appear to have great fourths, and fairly even fronts, thirds, and backs. The problem is the main beam isn't long enough so it makes the royals look longer than they really are, and then the even length of the other points are all missing 2"-4" which adds up in a hurry. I assume practice is the only way to over come the whole mis-judging thing. I just hope that when the chance comes, that one of the real monsters you eluded to presents himself so there is no questioning whether or not to shoot.

Right after I posted the question, your brother called me and told me of your good fortune and of his. There should be a law against the luck your brother has. That's just not right.
Good luck to you both !

All I know is all those bulls look da** fine to me. Id take any one of them happily. If those are in the low 300's I cant imagine what a 400 class bull would look like up close. Ive seen them in pics sure but to see one up close in real life must be something else. Of course raghorns have been known to make me happy so Im easy.

my ability to guess the score on nice bulls like these suck! i would have ben screaming 370 260 on some. oh well, what makes you happy makes you happy right???

320ish gross, missing the third on the left side. came as cheater on 4th. So that plummets the score to about 310 somewhere... sorry haven't officially scored him yet.
5000gary_az_bull.jpg

My bull that year got overshadowed by my father in laws bull...it was a 409 gross and 402 net. Super stud of a bull. Everytime I look at that pig, I shake my head and think, Wow, that thing is awesome!

4422dion_bull.jpg

Midnight

Just curious, elkkill06 why the score in column 3 is different in the add section? Also would love to see the numbers on mlycrzy's bull.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-10 AT 07:02AM (MST)[p]wapiti77:

The numbers in the addition section (column 1-4) are the final numbers after the 0/8's have been rounded. Example: Column 3 has 133 29/8"......when you round it down to the nearest eighth it equals 136 5/8".

BOHNTR )))---------->

Midnight
I've got an AZ tag in my pocket and I'd be thrilled to shoot a bull like yours. If I shoot one like your father-in-law's I think I'd be in disbelief.
What state ?

Wow I would be happy with any of the bulls posted. I would of thought that alot of them would have scored higher than they did.

Wow, way to dig up an old thread! As luck would have it, I ended up killing a bull that grossed pretty much right at 330 on the button. Fantastic hunt.

It was so long ago, I don’t even thing I have an electronic version of that pic. I think I posted it here back then on a different thread. That was back when you had to scan a pic an no one had smart phones. The dark ages!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom