Post up what you drew

I guess I don’t feel as bad my wife and father in-law all red. Kids got one deer and one of them oryx.
I got lucky elk and deer. Deer was 3rd choice.

what’s going to blow my mind is how many left overs despite how much red most have seen.

I still think splitting the deer hunts was terrible idea. You can’t draw January now and there’s tons of September deer archery left. So much for the opportunity! ApparentlySeptember isn’t an opportunity.

Wife and I drew deer 13 January ? no elk. Daughter didn’t draw. Son drew deer September 2b and cow elk 10 November

Muzzleloader elk and barbary for me. Marquez turkey too which I'm currently in the middle of--I can't complain at all. Sorry for you guys that are all reds.

Worked an 18 hour day yesterday and saw that I had drawn a deer tag when I headed home at 1:30 this morning. But I had a feeling that I had a Barbary tag coming my way....I was close. Archery Ibex in January.

Just NR muley for me. Struck out on antelope, but drew it last year. Good luck to all who drew.

Second archery hunt in 5B for me?, red my kids and wife..? ? my poor kids have only drawn youth hunts once and next year my daughter is no longer a youth.. so wanted them to draw instead of me.. good luck to everyone that drew a tag!

Well my family did better than me. Daughter got Bow Elk 53 and 2b Deer. Brother got Broken horn Rhodes canyon and muzzy Elk 53. So I will get to be camp cook/dishwasher LOL
Jack

Archery deer early 21, archery antelope 59, javelina rifle and broken horn oryx Rhodes in December. Daughter drew rifle antelope in 59.

Second archery hunt in 5B for me?, red my kids and wife..? ? my poor kids have only drawn youth hunts once and next year my daughter is no longer a youth.. so wanted them to draw instead of me.. good luck to everyone that drew a tag!
Yup! Youth hunts getting hard to draw. My boys never drew a youth tag during their youth years.

All red here, but not complaining. I have a drop camp moose hunt in AK and I drew a Nevada mule tag in the guided draw and I should draw Iowa deer.

3rd choice deer and everything else red. I knew I would likely get at least a deer tag but was hoping to get lucky with something else.

I drew a unit 27 coues deer tag in November. I have never hunted New Mexico. Any help or advise on this tag would be appreciated

This was my first time applying for NM since I lived there 29 years ago. I only applied for elk once in a lifetime hunts on Valle Caldera and Valle Vidal. Just found out I got my 2nd choice which was once in a life time Valle Vidal hunt 3-406 Muzzy elk Oct. 10-14. A total of 20 permits issued.

I plan on making a couple trips this summer to get familiar with area but I would be very interested in hearing from guys that have been on this hunt.
John

16 archery elk late for wife and I, muzzy antelope and javelina for me. She drew OIL oryx. Very happy! Sorry to all the reds including my daughter but I’ll figure out something for her. GL all.

Not saying but better than most. IMO if you use gohunt or toprut its prob guiding your wrong.
IMO only and for another topic someday.

Daughter Youth 21 and 24 antelope hunt.
I drew Unit 52 antelope.

These will be my families 9th and 10th New Mexico antelope tags. These hunts are on the same dates so I will be covering some ground, daughter's tag will be priority.

There was a lot of red in our family to get these two tags.

I was really hoping for an elk tag for someone but no such luck.

First archery elk 5b and late archery deer 18. Everything else refund.

Congrats to successful sheep hunters. I envy you??

I always shoot for the moon for the first choice on applications, the Wifey does on the first 2 choices.... this year we hit it!

Wifey drew 2nd choice 1st rifle Valle Vidal MB hunt!
I drew 1st choice, 1st Muzzleloader hunt MB unit #15!
8 yr old son drew his first hunt as a youth ES antelope hunt in #38!

Beyond blessed and excited. My son is almost as excited as I am!

All red for me, can't complain have drawn good tags 3 out of last 5 yrs,...
Anyone know of a land owner bull elk tag at a reasonable price please PM , I'm interested ...

F369C421-956E-4B54-8DB8-82B6AEFCAB97.gif

At least get to be a pack mule on a couple good hunts.

No luck for me. Best of luck to those who drew tags on your hunts. Try again next year to those who failed to get a tag. Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about. – Winston Churchill

I Drew my 1st choice elk and 2nd choice mule deer. Definitely got lucky as a NR

Wife and son went all red across the board

Sorry for all the hunters that got left out.

Good luck everyone

Well, I drew a Deer 1-228 by mistake. Thought I was applying for a coues tag and this is a mule deer hunt. I din't even know there were that many mule deer in this unit, but lots of tags.

Thinking about donating the tag, as I'm pretty sure it can not be returned. Maybe I'm missing something - is this anything more than a meat hunt for mule deer?

Bill

Deer in 36 for me and deer in 17 for son's first draw hunt. Feeling very thankful and looking for cow tags.

Well, I drew a Deer 1-228 by mistake. Thought I was applying for a coues tag and this is a mule deer hunt. I din't even know there were that many mule deer in this unit, but lots of tags.

Thinking about donating the tag, as I'm pretty sure it can not be returned. Maybe I'm missing something - is this anything more than a meat hunt for mule deer?

Bill
Bill. Although I have never hunted your hunt. I wouldn’t declare that a horrible tag to have. Ive applied but never drawn it in the past. I know the Burros hold some large mulies and cannot imagine that they never end up off. Also along the Arizona border all the way to reserve could hold some big bucks. I’d scout it hard and you should be able to turn up something decent. Just my 2 cents. Good luck! Merek

My son, 10 years old, drew 16C youth rifle elk on literally the first hunting application I have ever submitted for him. I am going on nine years of not drawing a tag in New Mexico and he pulls his first tag. I had a hard time getting him to sleep last night as he wanted to watch more and more videos of elk hunts from the Gila. Not sure if he or his old man is more excited. I wish every youth could draw a tag, what an unreal feeling for a son and his father.

Last edited:

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom