Post up your draws

First NM Tag. Got my second choice, 6A Early Archery

1650493127765.png

Only thing I applied for.

My son got deer, ant and jav.

After winning a fully guided dall sheep hunt from epic outdoors last year I thought I would likely never get to hunt sheep again. Just drew Desert Ram in the Caballos!!!!!!!!
Resident or nr ? If I remember right your a resident.

All in all, it was a good result for us. I finally drew a NM deer tag again and will be chasing them in 2A with my bow in January. My old man hit it out of the park, archery deer in 2A, archery antelope in 15, rifle barb, and archery ibex (will be interesting for a guy in his 60’s).

Gonna be a busy fall, just the way we like it.

Family went 2 for 20

Daughter got Youth Oryx off range November

I got January archery mule deer in 36
County road AO11 west and back south to Oro Grande should produce you some oryx. You can drive the roads but walking this area is best. You will have some high points you can glass from. November will be a nice hunt for you, not to hot. There are some deep open mines in this area. Lots of pottery shards and arrowheads. Y’all have fun.

NM resident

My son finally drew a youth elk tag in his last year of eligibility. Unit 15 muzzleloader ES. Going to miss those youth hunts.

Myself, drew a rifle deer hunt and an Arizona 3a/3c archery elk. Feel very fortunate to be out chasing more memories this year. Congratulations to all that drew and best of luck!

NM resident

My son finally drew a youth elk tag in his last year of eligibility. Unit 15 muzzleloader ES. Going to miss those youth hunts.

Myself, drew a rifle deer hunt and an Arizona 3a/3c archery elk. Feel very fortunate to be out chasing more memories this year. Congratulations to all that drew and best of luck!

Make good memories on the youth hunt, mine never got the opportunity to pull a youth bull tag before they grew up.

Found out a good buddy of mine drew 16A archery elk 2nd season. Man I wish that I could stick around after my hunt and give him a hand. We have chased bulls together for years and he has never been able to get one with his bow. So this is an amazing opportunity for him.

Anyone have suggestions for an outfitter for 16A?

Found out a good buddy of mine drew 16A archery elk 2nd season. Man I wish that I could stick around after my hunt and give him a hand. We have chased bulls together for years and he has never been able to get one with his bow. So this is an amazing opportunity for him.

Not a big outfitter user but M Barboa @ Bullbusters Outfitting can hunt and knows that unit. Best of luck.

Unit 33 Pronghorn Rifle hunt and Unit 33 September Archery Mule Deer (near roswell). First NM tags, super excited for the pronghorn hunt it has a near 100 percent harvest rate and both units are local, which will make scouting a breeze and keep the gas bill down.

PM Sent

Congrats to those who drew. My family - 50 unsuccessful applications in two years in the outfitter pool. Some of the odds were as high as 25%! Most in the 5% to 10% range - just bad luck I guess. Elk hunting in Wyoming with my brother the last two weeks of September so its all good. New Mexico was good to me while I was building points in other states, my luck seems to have run out in NM.
I know a guy with similar luck, turns out he wasn’t doing his small game harvest report and never stood a chance!

NM resident

You guys already have a great schedule with that AZ tag also.

You guys already have a great schedule with that AZ tag also.
Thanks Paul! Kind of ironic that my name on this site is DIYhunter and that AZ 3a/3c archery bull hunt will be my first paid guided hunt. About 3 years ago I signed up with Chappell’s Zero Outfitter Fees with 13 points figuring I would draw within 10 years, paying $3500 over that time period. (Still a bargain). Got lucky and drew in random pool with 16 points as a NR. Seems like lots of pressure when you finally get a tag like this but I’m trying to keep with my older in age motto; “chasing memories not inches”. Hopefully I’ll have some good photos to share with the New Mexico MM’s.

Checking in after 10 days/200 miles on the Continental Divide Trail. I drew 6a & 6c rifle deer! Hope I can make it to Canada before that hunt starts... :)

Good luck to all of you.
Nice! My hat off to you. Every year I see a group of CD hikers in my elk country, 52, NM. That can’t be an easy trek. Stay safe.

I drew nothing my son at least got a 16 rifle deer tag. We are going to focus on a Coues deer this time. Never hunted one and he has taken 3 of them already. Should be a fun 5 days though.

Checking in after 10 days/200 miles on the Continental Divide Trail. I drew 6a & 6c rifle deer! Hope I can make it to Canada before that hunt starts... :)

Good luck to all of you.
Wow!!, you will either have bad hips or be walking us into the ground after that. Way to just go after a goal. Share some pics if you get a chance.

Good luck to all of you.
So cool. If I play my cards right, I hope to retire in April of 2046 and immediately start the CDT with the goal of seeing every mile of it before I die. I will be 60 so as long as I stay active I think it should be doable. Keep us posted, sounds like an awesome adventure!

16B rifle bull tag (3rd in a row) ? Before the 3 in a row ,I went 10 years with zero draw on rifle bull elk. Beauty of a random system- famine then feast. Also drew 16 deer rifle.

At the same time I have never drew a rifle antelope tag in NM with 30 years of trying. Oh well it all works in the end

16B rifle bull tag (3rd in a row) ? Before the 3 in a row ,I went 10 years with zero draw on rifle bull elk. Beauty of a random system- famine then feast. Also drew 16 deer rifle.

At the same time I have never drew a rifle antelope tag in NM with 30 years of trying. Oh well it all works in the end
See you around?

Elk-2-288

Der-2-314

If anyone is interested in giving me pointers or telling me about your hunts in these areas I'd be super appreciative. If you've also drawn either of these hunts and would like help or to help please let me know. I'm planning on diy for each hunt.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom