Post your Shiras moose photos!!!!

I found 34 bulls in 300 hiking miles since I drew the tag. Based on my limited knowledge of field judging moose he will be around 190", hopefully a little better.

C88EF6BB-ECF7-4305-B316-A68CF082247C.jpeg
Cache bull

Nice bull! We know it’s archery as it’s impossible for a bow hunter to take a photo without their bow ?

You are 100% correct. My friend really wanted to get his moose with a bow, to the extent he was willing to shoot a smaller bull. He just got lucky that the first one he saw was a decent one.

*EAST CANYON MOOSE QUESTION* Has anyone seen any decent bulls in the East Canyon unit?

Hi Everyone - my dad drew an East Canyon moose tag this year. We've been all over the mountain (pre-season scouting and a lot of time during the hunt). Anyway, we've seen some great bulls on camera (in my opinion), but many have been at night. We've sat on several waterholes where we've seen bulls before, but nothing has come in. It feels like we've been in the right place at the wrong time.

The rut is definitely here and I'm excited that some leaves have fallen, because it should make glassing a little easier.

I know that there is plenty of time left, but thought I'd check to see if anyone has any advice or knows of any bulls in the area? Figured it couldn't hurt to ask! If so, please send me a direct message. Thanks!
Hoping to add a picture to this thread very soon!!

It took me 19 preference points to draw out in Wy as a nonresident. Also a key factor, is in a successful draw, is the area to which you apply. I was trying for a area that typically took 22 point so I researched an went to an area which had better odds of draw.

It took me 19 preference points to draw out in Wy as a nonresident. Also a key factor, is in a successful draw, is the area to which you apply. I was trying for a area that typically took 22 point so I researched an went to an area which had better odds of draw.

They turned it into a crapshoot in Colorado.

Sitting on a pile of Utah BPs for moose, passed age 60 last year, hoping my number comes up soon. It'll be a DIY hunt for this AZ hunter when it happens, along with some good friends to help glass and hopefully pack meat.

I hunted deer in the North section of Utah years ago and saw a monster of a Shiras moose not far from the Hardware Ranch. That bull, traversing a ridge covered in fresh snow, left an image in my mind that has had me applying every year since.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom