potential World Record Typical Muley harvested (Wyoming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.T. Jeffers

I have it under good authority (me) that the potential world record was recently harvested. The lucky hunter is going to forego official B/C scoring, will refrain from posting selfies all over the net and not attempt to gain pro staff positions or endorsements

Why? He just don't plain care, plus wants to avoid the predictable internet kangaroo court, some chithead "head" thief, baseless accusations of wrong doing from jealous hunters plus the obligatory criminal investigation and harassment by G & F

Good for him

IF that’s true…. IF…. It would be a crying shame to keep that buck hidden in a closet

I know a guy who shot the new world record elk but didn't want the notoriety so cut the antlers up and used them as dog chews.

This information is Source Level 1!

images.jpeg-2.jpg

I can’t fault him at all, this pending world record typical buck was posted all over the place and there was a lot of kangaroo ?court antics and various claims, I respect the hunters privacy. There’s a lot self proclaimed legends willing to Steele a little bit of the spot light. Pic purely for context

25C02050-6896-4487-A2D9-35B7190C12E3.jpeg

P.T. Jeffers post #8: ""my" dear? Wasn't me......but I guided and helped with the drag out."

A fast way to ruin the cape is by dragging the deer out.

I am surprised that nobody is talking about the Potential Typical WR elk that was killed last week as well. Those Pictures are all over as well..
When I say Potential, the score sheet I have seen has it grossing over, but there are some deductions that will drop it likely below WR stats.

Not my Pictures. If you are on Long Range Hunting forum it is posted in the elk hunting section. Prolly the biggest 6 point ever killed.

As many of us understand, B&C is actually more of a scientific record of size and symmetry of mule deer... This guy could still have the measurement done, but maybe enter it anonymously.?

I hope the story is not just legit, but it would be cool to see a WR come from Wyoming, rather than AZ or Mexico or other artificially, overgrown units.

artificially, overgrown units.
“artificially, overgrown units”

Good job BR, you’ve just coined a new Utah biological science truth. What institution of high education should we credit in your Keynote Speaking Tour resume.

Hunters: Note: Write this new acronym in your “Book of Life”…. include the author, the date, time and place we heard it first. It will surely be used in State Wildlife Hearings and become a common quote by sportsmen across the fruited plain, as an “old truth, long ago researched and developed during the Market Hunting Era, prior to Roosevelt’s Presidency.

This has been….. a most historic day!!!

Last edited:
I hope the cape of the new potential world record wasn't ruined during the "drag out"
have you ever considered changing your handle to "Capt. Obvious"??? Or maybe "Fart Shot" ?
I can’t fault him at all, this pending world record typical buck was posted all over the place and there was a lot of kangaroo ?court antics and various claims, I respect the hunters privacy. There’s a lot self proclaimed legends willing to Steele a little bit of the spot light. Pic purely for context

View attachment 90422
To cover his azz when the redshirts wanted to "investigate"... we gps-photo'd the animal and buried some body parts at the spot to preserve dna. Won't matter, he has no interest in publicizing the harvest nor getting in the record books. Owning a double-digit amount of McDonalds trumps instant fame and infamy plus he just won't tolerate the nonsense.

I was the scout/guide/spotter on this hunt and since I'm not a WYOGA welfare bum, all I got out of the deal was a pat on the back and thanks :)
P.T. Jeffers post #8: ""my" dear? Wasn't me......but I guided and helped with the drag out."

A fast way to ruin the cape is by dragging the deer out.
naw, "fart shot" is your new moniker since you like to pop in here like a douche-billy and expel your 'wisdom'

So PT, no pictures--got it. How's about a potential score of the alleged world record?

I don't understand why a picture can't be posted. He doesn't have to be in it. Therefore no fame or other stuff he's worried about.

So he doesn't care to post it, but you sure felt the need to post about it with a useless thread just to draw attention to you? Sure must be killing you not to get more social media attention with a photo dump.. definitely most useless thread on MM and that's saying something

227-6/8 is the green score. Sure, there's bound to be some shrinkage. A buddy of mine is an official B&C guy and he double checked his measurements. Some of the snarky and jealous comments here sure cement the fact that the smart thing to do is lay low. Other then instant infamy, why go through the hassle? The hunter doesn't need the fame and surely doesn't need any money...........besides, other then some gay write up in Eastman's or something, there's not a huge upside. I do have a pic that I've granted permission to share but, with the "spirit' of you internet dudes coming through loud and clear, screw it. Regardless, it's a tremendous public land animal and I'm proud to of been a part of it

Huh……… they have a Long Range WR classification now too.

Three new records and it only 12:00 pm on the western coast. Gooda be a hell of a day!
LOL i don't think it really has anything to do with long range.. Its just the name of a forum that I am on and came across it in the elk hunting section. I don't know anything about all the nonsense with the deer or whatever, but there are pics of the bull and a score sheet from a guy that was there. 445 is what it grossed at. It which is obviously huge for a 6 point with a couple kickers (10"). He even has a pic of it live from the day before they killed it. It's a "wild" bull as well, at least not a high fence one.
I agree post is worthless without pics... I will ask him if i can post them in a new thread on here.....

LOL i don't think it really has anything to do with long range.. Its just the name of a forum that I am on and came across it in the elk hunting section. I don't know anything about all the nonsense with the deer or whatever, but there are pics of the bull and a score sheet from a guy that was there. 445 is what it grossed at. It which is obviously huge for a 6 point with a couple kickers (10"). He even has a pic of it live from the day before they killed it. It's a "wild" bull as well, at least not a high fence one.
I agree post is worthless without pics... I will ask him if i can post them in a new thread on here.....
Its a great bull for Pennsylvania and proves their track record of big bulls is not going to stop...but current world record grossed 461 and net 442...the PA bull has quite a bit of deductions that will keep it a long ways from that. it will end up in the 420 range id bet. Incredible bull, but not going to dethrone the current....and as of the OP is who somehow insulted he came on a forum talking about breaking a record that has stood for 50 years and not providing any proof...how do you think people would respond? you would be better off putting up the truth with proof and letting people be amazed, cause nobody is jealous of something they dont know exists...and 227 gross is going to keep it a long ways from breaking the NET 226 4/8 of the burris buck. There was a buck killed here 2 years ago the grossed 228 typical and netted 208 all said and done. ..Big bucks are great, click bait forum threads are not

I don't know P.T. Jeffers from Adam but I do have a picture of the buck he's talking about.

Its not my picture, so I will respect the owner / hunter but the deer easily goes north of 220.

Its an amazing deer.

Way north of 220?
I should have typed that better. Not WAY north of 220, easily hits 220 from what I've seen.
I haven't personally scored it, I cant say P.T. is accurate or not on his score of 227.
From the photos I have seen the deer looks like a 220+ deer.

If now at least two people have a photo and it's legit, it's only a matter of time before it goes viral.
Not from me it won't.
The hunter is a stud, does his own thing and doesn't hunt for internet or magazine accolades. He has taken some incredible animals.

I have a copy of the picture too. 220 my a55! Easily 240.

I have been given a tooth of the deer also, an x-ray of the antlers, and I ate the tenders with fried eggs this morning. I'm really not into internet fame though so I won't tell you how old the buck was.

To summarize.

Hunter don't want publicity but 2 dudes have been authorized to post pics.

Not getting measured, but has green score.

Writeups in Eastmans are Gay. But writeups in MM by some anonymous unpaid guide, are spot on

Tri actually posted something pretty damn funny.

Did you see the one in campfire about cloths washers.
I did. It was a most appropriate camp fire discussion.

No different than sharing a recipe for scalloped potatoes in the After the Shot thread, or a good Feral Cat caliber, in the Bears, Lions, Coyotes, Wolves, etc.

After you’ve shot as many muleys as we have…….. live begins to become more interesting………. If you’re lucky. lol

“artificially, overgrown units”

Good job BR, you’ve just coined a new Utah biological science truth. What institution of high education should we credit in your Keynote Speaking Tour resume.

Hunters: Note: Write this new acronym in your “Book of Life”…. include the author, the date, time and place we heard it first. It will surely be used in State Wildlife Hearings and become a common quote by sportsmen across the fruited plain, as an “old truth, long ago researched and developed during the Market Hunting Era, prior to Roosevelt’s Presidency.

This has been….. a most historic day!!!
I just better get some royalties... ??

227-6/8 is the green score. Sure, there's bound to be some shrinkage. A buddy of mine is an official B&C guy and he double checked his measurements. Some of the snarky and jealous comments here sure cement the fact that the smart thing to do is lay low. Other then instant infamy, why go through the hassle? The hunter doesn't need the fame and surely doesn't need any money...........besides, other then some gay write up in Eastman's or something, there's not a huge upside. I do have a pic that I've granted permission to share but, with the "spirit' of you internet dudes coming through loud and clear, screw it. Regardless, it's a tremendous public land animal and I'm proud to of been a part of it
PT, you sound like the guy I've been looking for. I will be drawing a WY deer tag in a highly sought after unit next year and could use your help.

I'm very useful around camp and can take decent care of myself and others in camp, cook, clean up and more!

Can't wait to meet up.

“The lucky hunter is going to forego official B/C scoring”
Your exact quote!
“227-6/8 is the green score”
Your exact quote!

HMMMMMMMMMMM
Way to go, Sherlock, brilliant deduction, you've caught the Tater! Meanwhile, let me clarify the final dry score will NOT be submitted to B and C. That's not my decision but understandable due to the guaranteed garbage that would come from all angles. Also, scoring and submitting score are 2 separate things, detective. But thank god you're here, we all feel so much safer knowing that you're on the internet and watching out for us

Sorry for the mistype, the Buck green scored 229 6/8

Anyway, you dorks can say/do what you want but remember, time on the interwebs means no time in the field

Congrats for being part of such a memorable hunt!

Too bad we cannot see a pic and celebrate the animal AND celebrate with you and the hunter... while allowing all to remain anonymous.

You just cannot post that bait, tell us you cannot post a pic (and then say you can but won't) then expect any better treatment than you received. I've posted some pretty mediocre animals on MM and deservedly received better treatment.

I just want to see the dang deer. Sounds like a giant. You can pm it to me if you want with a guarantee that I won't share it. I just want to see the deer if he is that big! sounds awesome and I can respect a guy the doesn't want the circus. I just like to see giant deer and have no problem looking without bashing.

If ever he’s interested in selling it and doesn’t want the head ache and pontification that comes from harvesting a pending world record animal, long story short I know a guy who would love to take on the negativity and notoriety. He rewrote the record book after all.

90B6C20D-8DF0-44D6-AA1A-466BFA89CB0D.jpeg

Well, my Mom shot one last week and we scored it at 228 1/8. I don't want to hurt her feelings so the one I shot yesterday should go substantially higher and I won't post it either. . Neither one of us want to make them go viral so we won't get them scored for the books.
I won't let visitors see them as they might sneak a few pics.

Last edited:
I remember when I had an older girlfriend in Jr high. Way hotter than Farrah Fawcett. Better built than Dolly Parton, and she was a nympho. She drove a Mercedes and it had a car phone.

I desperately wanted to show my buddies her pic, but she was extremely camera shy and never let pics be taken.

Anyway, I'm glad the typo got corrected.

But he obviously needed PT Jeffers to guide him and help drag it out?
PT wasn't the principle guide / outfitter. I don't know PT Jeffers but sounds like he helped out. I do know the main outfitter / guide and he's also a good human that has been doing it for a long time.

Look I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't care what people say or do. What I know is I've got a photo of the deer he's talking about and its a legit 220+" deer. I also know the guy who shot it and he's a good guy who kills good animals.

Last edited:
PT wasn't the principle guide / outfitter. I don't know PT Jeffers but sounds like he helped out. I do know the main outfitter / guide and he's also a good human that has been doing it for a long time.

Look I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't care what people say or do. What I know is I've got a photo of the deer he's talking about and its a legit 220+" deer. I also know the guy who shot it and he's a good guy who kills good animals.
Have you noticed that PT said he's not posting here because he doesn't want to defend himself from all the garbage.

But here we are in all the garbage. So much other people are coming on here defending people which frankly might as well not exist.

Have you noticed that PT said he's not posting here because he doesn't want to defend himself from all the garbage.

But here we are in all the garbage. So much other people are coming on here defending people which frankly might as well not exist.
Like I mentioned. I dont know PT, not defending or advocating for him.
Do I agree that threads like this are pointless or useless, yes!

None the less the deer he mentioned was harvested, the owner will never post it, and will most likely not submit an official score on it.

While I know that is hard to understand in todays world I get it. I get it because I too don't post any of my kills on social and seldom do I score them. Its not why I hunt. I don't do it for social media accolades like many these days. Not being critical of those who operate this way. To each his own as long as they're obeying the law.
Maybe the discussion should be why do people feel obligated to post anything on social media at all...

None the less the deer he mentioned was harvested, the owner will never post it, and will most likely not submit an official score on it.

While I know that is hard to understand in todays world I get it. I get it because I too don't post any of my kills on social and seldom do I score them. Its not why I hunt. I don't do it for social media accolades like many these days. Not being critical of those who operate this way. To each his own as long as they're obeying the law.
Maybe the discussion should be why do people feel obligated to post anything on social media at all...

Same reason they put 8" lifts on 1ton diesels. Same reason their 3rd wife is 105lbs with ddd racks. Same reason they make $70k a year but live in $700k houses. Same reason they buy shmedium shirts. Same reason they slurp MTN OPS and say "bro" and "epic" three times a sentence.

I think it's great there are dudes that don't care about scores and likes. My knock is on dudes who are seeking them, while chastising the clowns he's seeking admiration from.

My grammar was poor up there. I was talking about the "hunter" based on PT's post.

And you are defending said unknown "hunter".

My grammar was poor up there. I was talking about the "hunter" based on PT's post.

And you are defending said unknown "hunter".
I don't need to defend the hunter. The hunter hasn't done anything wrong, hasn't made any claims, hasn't many any post, and hasn't broken any laws.

I don't need to defend anyone and accuse anyone.

All I'm saying is the deer harvested exists and I believe it to be a 220+" deer.

You can slam or laugh at PT all you want, or myself for that matter. It doesn't bother me any. You can disregard the animal, as you should because from where you sit said animal doesn't exist, and I get that.
If I'm defending anyone or anything I suppose its the animal, which was indeed harvested. Maybe I'm defending the concept that not everyone cares to be famous or score their animals.

I don't need to defend the hunter. The hunter hasn't done anything wrong, hasn't made any claims, hasn't many any post, and hasn't broken any laws.

All I'm saying is the deer harvested exists and I believe it to be a 220+" deer.

You can slam or laugh at PT all you want, or myself for that matter. It doesn't bother me any. You can disregard the animal, as you should because from where you sit said animal doesn't exist, and I get that.
If I'm defending anyone or anything I suppose its the animal, which was indeed harvested. Maybe I'm defending the concept that not everyone cares to be famous or score their animals.
But why does this thread exist?

I know you didn't start it but thought you may be able to provide some insight since you are closer to the situation.

I'm following and commenting because I like to see big deer. What harm would come from posting a picture of the animal only?

You are defending something.

A concept, a story, MAYBE a hunter.

You came here and gave character witness of a possible someone who didn't want to be part of this stuff.

But why does this thread exist?

I know you didn't start it but thought you may be able to provide some insight since you are closer to the situation.

I'm following and commenting because I like to see big deer. What harm would come from posting a picture of the animal only?
Who knows why the thread exists.
If the owner of the animal wants to post, he can. The harm is breaking the trust of the man / men from whom sent me the photo.
I agree, its fun to see big animals.

You are defending something.

A concept, a story, MAYBE a hunter.

You came here and gave character witness of a possible someone who didn't want to be part of this stuff.

I've given all the information I'm willing to give.

If you want to discuss opinions or ideas in a respectful manner its your right to do so.

Last edited:
Only reason to not submit the deer in the record books is so you can say you have the world record cause you scored it a little higher lol just get it officially scored and don't enter it then. At least it would be legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom