Poundage

MountainSqwabler

So I recently got back into archery. I know what I'm doing for the most part. I recently upped my poundage and my old injury hurt a bit so I lowered it back down to almost the same that it was. Went as close to turning the screws as close to the same as I could. My question is, is my timing and everything going to be good? Draw length is fine and all, nothing else was messed with. Am I good or should I take it to the shop and have them tune it up again?

As otcWill recommended, draw your bow to ensure that your string hits both stops at the same time (you will likely need a friend to help with this). If your string touches one stop before the the other, I highly recommend that you take it to the shop for tuning.

They will need to twist/untwist the string to get your cam timing synchronized and they will likely also check center-shot and verify your draw weight as well.

If its not timed, its sometimes impossible to get perfect arrow flight and/or BHs to tune.

Best practice is to put the bow on a draw board and check cam timing.

Shoot a bare shaft through paper and see if it leaves a bullet hole or not. If not, you need to do some tuning.

All are correct above and might be obvious but if you go to the gym or just do shoulder workouts at home it will help allot just a little weight to get that muscle working will do wonders I also had a shoulder injury and I'm shooting 70 pounds again pretty easily

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom