Powder Prices Going Up

ce61

Out at the range yesterday and was told gunpowder is gonna go up, roughly 10 bucks a pound.....By me 1lb is around 50, Now. Time to get a few extra lbs... ce61

Out at the range yesterday and was told gunpowder is gonna go up, roughly 10 bucks a pound.....By me 1lb is around 50, Now. Time to get a few extra lbs... ce61
Gonna go up? It's been going up forever.

Powder is literally double what it was ten years ago. Primers are triple or more.
The best time to buy powder and primers and bullets is long before you need them.

I can't believe the price of power AND primers. I got into reloading years ago to have consistent loads while saving money....... good freaking luck now

I can't believe the price of power AND primers. I got into reloading years ago to have consistent loads while saving money....... good freaking luck now
I have to disagree; Reloading does not save money. If you're getting into reloading to save money you will have a rude awakening. If anything, it is much more expensive. Equipment, time, components and shooting more often while working up loads. It's going to be more expensive than grabbing a box off the shelf.
The main reason to reload is to make the exact load you want in the caliber you choose.

In 2034 people will be wishing they bought at 2024 prices.

I have to disagree; Reloading does not save money. If you're getting into reloading to save money you will have a rude awakening. If anything, it is much more expensive. Equipment, time, components and shooting more often while working up loads. It's going to be more expensive than grabbing a box off the shelf.
The main reason to reload is to make the exact load you want in the caliber you choose.

In 2034 people will be wishing they bought at 2024 prices.
I agree with you 100% right now.... I'm just saying that several years ago, the cost was lower per round to get maximum performance and get the best round for your gun. I also agree with you that it's only going to get worse... it's been getting worse every year.

Supply and demand makes prisoners of us all, as long as we think we just have to obtain something. Alliant 26 is great powder, but it's not that great! Deep breaths and make do, if we want prices to get back down.

buddy stopped by a place that sells powder and bought a 5 pounder of RL19 for 300 bucks. Said RL 26 was 83 a pound and had a 8 pounder for , I think he said 640.

Did that years ago except RL-25. Still have a bit. Wish I would have bought RL-15.5 recently. mtmuley
I just saw some locally, I’ll have check again and see if it’s still available…

What are you using it for mtmuley?

With R16 I ran out of case capacity before hitting pressure in my 243 and 70 gr hammers…@3674
I look to see if they still have it and I’ll let you know…

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom