Powell Tribune

nfh

Long Time Member
Reading the paper and saw this in letters to the editor. Enjoy
20200707_164321.jpg

Residents in Wyoming get screwed out of tags by the same people who screw non residents out of access to FEDERAL wilderness hunting opportunities. While I wish it would change, I can't see any of the deep-pocket special interest groups allowing their bottom lines to be threatened. Less NR tags means less profit. DIY NR hunters means less profit. ------SS

I’m getting ready to email my senator and representative as soon as I leave MM!! Crazy only 1 was for it. Buzz run for senator and help out ?

Rob Shaul is either an idiot or a liar. Colorado gives 35% of deer and elk tags to non residents, besides the otc tags. Tell the truth. Rarely is the truth printed in the opinion page of a news paper.

I’m all in for a 90/10 split but more importantly giving less bighorn, mnt goat, moose and bison tags to nonresident and I agree 10 or less tags in a unit all should go to residents. So come on wyo make it a reality ?

I get being protective of your state’s game and being upset when you can’t draw a tag, but we all need to remember that those animals in Wyoming (and Utah and Idaho and Colorado and Utah and Montana and all the other western states) live primarily on public land owned by the citizens of the United States. If anything, the nonresidents are getting screwed out of tags - not the residents!

I get being protective of your state’s game and being upset when you can’t draw a tag, but we all need to remember that those animals in Wyoming (and Utah and Idaho and Colorado and Utah and Montana and all the other western states) live primarily on public land owned by the citizens of the United States. If anything, the nonresidents are getting screwed out of tags - not the residents!
You are correct so let’s go 50/50, I’m sure us wyo residents would be happy to get 50% of the strip deer tags 50% of henries deer tags and I know a lot of us would Def go 50% of the desert sheeptags,

You are correct so let’s go 50/50, I’m sure us wyo residents would be happy to get 50% of the strip deer tags 50% of henries deer tags and I know a lot of us would Def go 50% of the desert sheeptags,

Or maybe do away with nonres caps and let a guy’s points work for him regardless of residency.

Lol good luck hopefully you have some. Massively deep pockets, to buy more senetors... then just the current duschebag .... 90/10 wont happen in wyoming they have been beating this horse to death for how MAny years and haven't got it passed yet
Ihe state , outfitters and private land owners depends way to much on.non resident
Hunters dollars to let some thing like this pass.
But keep thinking the bullshit lie that bcha has all this pull and they are respondible for a these changes and that senators are listening to them . keep sending them your. Money for membership. Bunch of sheep being led to slaughter

non resident OTC tags???....really??
OTC elk tags in Colorado for the majority of units that hold elk for archery, 2nd and 3rd rifle. Colorado gives 20-35% of drawn tags for elk and deer to non-residents depending on how high of demand a unit is (it is probably over 30%). The author was definitely off when he lumped Colorado in with the other states.

I believe Colorado gives out to many tags all together on both res and nonres but I’m sure they know what they need to keep within there objectives.

Anything that Larry Hicks supports is nothing I want part of. Sorry but he is not good for wildlife, not good for opportunity and definitely not anyone I would want speaking on the behalf of sportsmen.

The bill in question was not right and failed to gain support because it was a poor bill.

At least we got the wilderness law so i can go to a place and not be crowded like the bighorns. As a resident i use to not support the wilderness law. I know non residents wont like me saying but now i support it. It would just become overran then turn into LQ units.

This ought to light a fire. LoL

OTC elk tags in Colorado for the majority of units that hold elk for archery, 2nd and 3rd rifle. Colorado gives 20-35% of drawn tags for elk and deer to non-residents depending on how high of demand a unit is (it is probably over 30%). The author was definitely off when he lumped Colorado in with the other states.
we're talking about colorado now??

At least we got the wilderness law so i can go to a place and not be crowded like the bighorns. As a resident i use to not support the wilderness law. I know non residents wont like me saying but now i support it. It would just become overran then turn into LQ units.

If I were a resident I would be right there with you on that....

Lol good luck hopefully you have some. Massively deep pockets, to buy more senetors... then just the current duschebag .... 90/10 wont happen in wyoming they have been beating this horse to death for how MAny years and haven't got it passed yet
Ihe state , outfitters and private land owners depends way to much on.non resident
Hunters dollars to let some thing like this pass.
But keep thinking the bullshit lie that bcha has all this pull and they are respondible for a these changes and that senators are listening to them . keep sending them your. Money for membership. Bunch of sheep being led to slaughter
I drink when I post too

I'm a non resident, I completely understand and support the wilderness law. At least in the respect you've shown. Honestly, I am just glad I get to come have a great hunting experience every now and again in the great state of Wyoming. The law doesn't bother me in the least. Hopefully some day, I can join you and call myself a resident of Wyoming as well.

Yes..if nonres dont like the wilderness law then move to wyo and they dont have to worry about it......
....but yeah you prob lit the fire...here we go again!! haha

we're talking about colorado now??
The premise of the editorial was all other states (including Colorado) cap non-residents at 10%. Clearly the statement about Colorado is blatantly false in the editorial. The question in reality should be should Wyoming be more like Colorado or other western states? Understanding Wyoming has the lowest population of all of those states...

I am a resident and i support the wilderness law.... And i want to see a 90/10 split in tags and first choice on all leftover tags... Let the crying begin

No crying here. I fully understand that if some had their way, there would be no NR hunting, fishing, shed hunting, camping, etc allowed in Wyoming.

I really enjoy hunting Wyoming and will continue to do so even if the tag allotment goes to 90/10 or 95/5 or 99/1. I also enjoy visiting family up there and supporting the small businesses that do appreciate and rely on visitors.

Wyoming is a great state and you can't blame the residents for fighting to keep it that way.-----SS

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom