PowerBelt 250gr Aerolite

3TOE

Very Active Member
Hey guys! Just curious to know if anyone has some first hand experience on the performance of the PowerBelt Aerolite bullets on deer?
I recently shot a buck with the 220gr (Harvester) Knight Bloodlines & I was not happy at all with the performance.
I shoot a Knight Ultralight with Blackhorn 209.
Any opinions of the PowerBelts or load recommendations would be appreciated.
Do they load easily?
Group consistently?
Expand well on deer sized game?
Etc....
Thanks!!!

Powerbelts tend to load easily and shoot well, but especially the light powerbelts are notoriously bad performers on game. They tend to come apart on any sort of bone hit. If you are going to shoot powerbelts the heaviest aerolites would be my suggestion, but I'd look elsewhere.

I shot my buck last year with 250gr aerolite with 2 50gr. pellets and it performed perfectly. I had consistent groups and 130yard heart shot and my buck didn't walk 10ft.

Used that bullet out of cva accura v2..100 grains blackhorn..dropped decent buck in its tracks

image2.JPG

had success at 50 yards with powerbelt 300 gr platinum aero tip on deer. CVA accura with blackhorn 209, 100 gr. double lung, no bone hit, passed through. sorry, pic won't load...

no luck on elk though! shot a bull at 60 yards and a few specks of blood to follow for about 100 yds, then no blood. no indication of a mortal wound, never laid down or bled more... followed tracks for about a mile... hours. no dead bull.

ok for deer but i would recommend federal bor loc 350 grain if they load and shoot well out of your gun.

Hicountryman. Wow..good eyeopener!! I thought I had found great bullet out of my accura..easy loading.1st.2nd.3rd etc. Shots using blackhorn...but now I will rethink here..the 1 buck I shot was in heart so anything would have dropped him in tracks..as stated in my earlier post..so I may be back to drawing board for at least an elk bullet..lost 0 elk out of 8 hit YEARS ago with maxiballs all lead I think 410 grainers..could shoot 150 easy and accurately And then I couldn't get off blackpowder anymore..could barely get on paper after trying all types of synthetic powders...went inline... I kinda want to go back to .54 Hawkens again..!!

I found Federal bor loc bullet thanks to advice from this forum. Thanks to txhunter and others... Easy to load, great at range and good performance on deer. Yet to shoot an elk with it so i'll let you know!

There is some question as to how 270 gr copper bullet performs on impact vs 350 gr lead. I went with 350 lead but there is a couple threads here on that question. Good luck on your quest to find the right bullet!

The Cutting Edge Maximus bullet is a great muzzleloader choice for penetration and trauma damage. Comes with the red harvester sabot for 50cal. If they're to tight then order the black sabot from harvester as they're slightly smaller.

I ended up 1 for 2 with the PowerBelts.
51EDA50F-FA81-4424-8B79-FCDE00D06524.jpeg
DE8AA461-20DC-46AE-BD59-EE35D9410E0C.jpeg
I wounded and lost a mule deer due to a low shot & multiple bad luck factors that followed. TOTALLY my fault!!!
I took this whitetail with a neck shot at 60 yards.

Hu barrera..that a good tip..all good except for states that are full bore bullets..like colorado for instance..abbots aren't permitted..just needed to bring that up

Powerbelts need to be shot at slower velocities so they don't fragment and not penetrate. I would recommend the heaviest one for any given caliber.

I like them for deer sized game. I can get 3" groups at 100 yards using about 100 grains by volume of black powder. That's with a receiver sight.

Powerbelts need to be shot at slower velocities so they don't fragment and not penetrate. I would recommend the heaviest one for any given caliber.

I like them for deer sized game. I can get 3" groups at 100 yards using about 100 grains by volume of black powder. That's with a receiver sight.
Agree with Cheif. I've had best luck using 75-85gr powder with Powerbelts. Don't push them too hard and too far.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom