powerbelt elr

pauns08

looking for a package or two of the 280 gr powerbelt elr bullets if anyone has any they want to sale

looking for a package or two of the 280 gr powerbelt elr bullets if anyone has any they want to sale
Every single site that I have visited says that they are expecting arrival late May to early June. I’m also waiting on the 325gr .50 cal ELR’s.
I spoke with a tech from CVA / PowerBelt & he said that they were behind on production due to the virus, but the he expected shipments to start going out very soon. You can preorder the .45 in 280gr from Midsouth Shooters Supply.

sir dont be part of the sheep herd. There are many projectiles, sabots for example, that shoot just as well, if not better from the paramount. Of course cva is going to tell you to shoot them, they own powerbelts. Powerbelt doesnt even give you the correct BC on them either, they stretch the truth on that issue.

sir dont be part of the sheep herd. There are many projectiles, sabots for example, that shoot just as well, if not better from the paramount. Of course cva is going to tell you to shoot them, they own powerbelts. Powerbelt doesnt even give you the correct BC on them either, they stretch the truth on that issue.
Last year I shot 2 different animals with 2 different bullets. To be honest I will never shoot the Knight bloodline / Lehigh ammo ever again. I have 3 different bullet options on hand currently. I plan to try the ELR’s along with my others & whichever shoots best, that’s what I will stick with.
What would you recommend for the Paramount Pro? I’m open to trying about anything.

you do know you can shoot other bullets besides powerbelts right?
What happened to you??

In 2010 I had a muzzy elk tag in Nevada. You posted several times. Your information on a CVA Accura, 338 grain Powerbelts, and BH 209 was extremely accurate. In fact, I followed your advice to a T and got great results. (In fact, I killed my bull with that load, he staggered, then died). And after the hunt I posted thanks to you for your information that helped me immensely.

Later I saw you were impressed with Thor bullets. I tried to get some but my timing was off.

This year, 10 years later, I drew another muzzy tag. Your post to my questions was rude for this forum, "Why do you need more than 100 grains of BH 209."

Your post on this thread wasn't much better.

From a guy who used to post helpful information and photos of outstanding groups you were shooting, you went to a Debbie Downer.

If I can help, PM me.

PS: I have the National Crisis Hotline if you need it.

I still help a lot, which is what i am doing now. If you have a new gun and no bullets to feed it, why wait around for a bullet while there are 40+ projectiles out there that you can shoot and shoot better groups with.

I still am on track of the why do you need more than 100gr of powder stance.

With this powerbelt, I'd probably stay at 100gr or less. Its pure lead and we all know the story on that.

If its not available, move on to something else until it becomes available. Not sure why I need help for offering common sense advice?

I still help a lot, which is what i am doing now. If you have a new gun and no bullets to feed it, why wait around for a bullet while there are 40+ projectiles out there that you can shoot and shoot better groups with.

With this powerbelt, I'd probably stay at 100gr or less. Its pure lead and we all know the story on that.

If its not available, move on to something else until it becomes available. Not sure why I need help for offering common sense advice?
Most guys on here don’t like hearing truth. So when they have it thrown their direction, they get all defensive about it

Most guys on here don’t like hearing truth. So when they have it thrown their direction, they get all defensive about it
Very good point! I agree 100%. And then they take their defensiveness and become a keyboard tough guy.
However I think the majority on here are pretty good people but there certainly are some that are Dickheadz.

My original response wasnt a bash toward powerbelts. Some folks come onto forums thinking they HAVE to shoot a powerbelt because they own a CVA and I just said, you do have many other choices. Then you get some that argue, they were designed for CVA... Well.... No.... Long ago, before they were called Powerbelts, the original Black Belt Bullets were touted by Knight muzzleloading believe it or not. Not a whole lot has changed since the beginning, other than different weights and color tips/bases.

I still use powerbelts from time to time, sometimes just for fun target shooting when I am testing a new rifle or developing some load info. Other than that, I shoot round balls 99% of the time unless I am playing with my home cast conicals.

I agree your advice was sound....after you started "you don't have to be part of the sheep herd." I guess that added significantly to your comments??

And why do I want to see if I can get accuracy with 100+ grains of BH 209? Because that's what we to. With the 338 gr Powerbelt, my best accuracy was at 100 grains. 105 started to open up, but not much. 110? Terrible! I settled on the 100 grains because accuracy is the most important.

If the Thors, which I'll start working with tomorrow, are accurate with 110, or 120 grains, I'll use them that way. If not, I'll go back to the most accurate load I had working them up. But why wouldn't someone want as much velocity as possible if accuracy isn't compromised?

Again, I do appreciate your help in 2010.

And to the "Keyboard warrior" comment made by another poster. I didn't challenge you, or anyone else on this forum. But it seems these days the MOB rules and silences most, not me.

So you put accuracy first vs terminal performance? If a 245gr powerbelt shoots 1 inch groups vs a 338 that shoots 3 inch groups, youd go with the 245 because its more accurate? I keep stressing year after year with folks and this kind of thinking.

Just because its more accurate, does not mean that its better on big game.

The only powerbelt id feel ok shooting 110gr bh209 is the 338 plat or the 405/444. Those other light weight powerbelts simply were not made for such charges despite what cva may tell you. It doesn't matter if its a powerbelt orsomething else. If its pure lead, has a deep over sized hollow point, it has limitations on how fast you can safely push it before that bullet self destructs on big game, limiting penetration and blood trail.

This issue of his powder amount with powerbelts is a mute point. He uses 100 gr of BH 209. Nuff said

For anyone else out there that uses powerbelts and doesn’t know: they are pure SOFT lead and if you push them too hard they blow up.

His statements currently relate to shooting a Thor bullet. They should do OK pushed harder, unlike any powerbelts. If he wants to go higher power to him.

That said, if I can get accuracy at 90-100 gr of BH 209 with the Thor I would stop right there and not try higher amounts. One, because 100 gr is more than enough to kill any elk walking. And two, because I don’t shoot past 200 yards and 100gr does just fine out to there. And Three, because my neck has been injected twice with steroids and don’t want another. Getting above 100 gr Hurts my neck and I start flinching.

Those injections sure suck. Have one more neck injection to try before they go back in and replace my hardware with something else and fix the rest of my neck issues ??

So....life got in the way and I haven’t shot the Thors yet.

but I agree 100% with your powerbelt statement. I only tried the 338 grains titanium ones. And with this bullet, in my gun, 100 grains of BH 209 was the best accuracy.

with Thor’s, I’m trying both the 250s and the 300s. This is an antelope hunt so if I get an extra 50 yards with the 250s, I’ll be good with that.

for elk, no matter what, I’ll use the 300s.

2 different animals. Antelope, I just want to punch a hole. For elk, I want the ability to break bone, and exit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom