Predator Calls

S

skippy

I am looking to buy an electronic predator call, and I wanted a few opinions. Are the cheap ones like Cass Creek garbage? And what is a good one for the cash? Foxpro? I will be hunting everything from fields to timber here in the interior of BC.

Thanks

I think the Johnny Stewart Power Pro and a mp3 player is the route to go. Bigger, but more rugged and more diversified calls. You can get the remote or just get the speaker extension cord and put it 30 yards away and go to town. I have this set up and am very happy with it.
HB

You get what you pay for. I got the "prey master" by johny Stuart for around $150. No volume. Completely worthless!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-04 AT 10:22PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-04 AT 10:21 PM (MST)

My vote goes to the Foxpro. I bought mine as a "refurbished" unit directly form Foxpro for $360.00 shipped. It's a 532B (32 sounds) with remote. I've called coyotes everytime I've used it so far. Carries the same 5 year warranty as a new unit, and in fact, you couldn't tell this one from new when it arrived.

Another good thing about Foxpro is that you won't find a more customer oriented and friendly business. Give them a call and chances are you'll speak directly to the owner, Mike Dillon, who will take the time to answer any questions you might have.

41d4df1b066c91ca.jpg

Ya,

I sure like the look of these foxpros, but I will be looking more in the $200 range, so I won't have 32 sounds. Have you ever gone for bobcats or crows with it?

Thanks

nice dogs too!

OH YEAH !!! I'd buy it quick, anything for hunting that has the name "Cass" in it has to be good. Where do you get them cause I'm sure all here will want one. LOL

JB

Heya Skippy go to Predator Masters they have some stuff there that is just outrageous. I went to an MP3 Player and all i can say is that it has made life so much easier it is crazy.
Dave

We still use hand calls and they work great if the wind is not blowing over 20 mph.Just dont call to much during the 15 minute sets.

I have had some success with a knight and hale call, and a primos jackrabitt call. But I feel that I call too much. How much time do you leave inbetween calls?

That is quite the haul of dogs!

First off hide your vehicle from where you will be calling.Walk into your spot where you will have a good vantage point wait 1 minute before calling. Start your call off with low air volume and blow call for about 45 seconds. Wait a full three minutes.Second call should be louder now and blow it for around 2 minutes depending on windy days vs. non-windy days.10 minutes into the set is when they come in most but it can happen as fast as 2 minutes.If nothing comes in in 10 minutes hit it one more time for around 1 minute and wait five more minutes if nothing comes in stand up real slow and look behind you.Sometimes a shotgun can come in handy when they catch you off gaurd at very close range.It is like fishing some days can be very productive and other days you swear you wont go again because you cant get nothing in.If you do get one down dont say anything start calling again right after the shot alot of times another one will come in to check it out.
Good Luck and be safe if you are hunting with more than yourself always know where your hunting partners are at all times.

Thanks a lot

I actually just got a new remington 870 12 gauge for christmas. I have been out with it twice, and it is pretty nice. As for your calling technique I will try it as soon as I can.

Thanks, Skip

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom