Predator "derbies/contests" illegal in Cali

I pity the Cali guys on here that have to put up with this bullcrap because they live there. Sage, HH, ASB, etc, etc, etc.

Will not stop us from shooting the varmints. Just can not have any contest doing it. Maybe we should all go out and shoot more then we normally do. There is a few coyotes hanging around the ranch that my grandson and I can have fun eradicating.

RELH

They will slowly take it all.....

I keep looking for a way out and into a better place that respects hunters and gun owners rights and privileges but it's not easy to leave the place where me and my wife and now our 4 kids were born and raised. Most of our family lives here and that doesn't even get into pulling up stakes and leaving a good job to try to find another somewhere else.

I feel stuck.... If it continues I will be forced out.

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

I am kind of surprised that the Ban didn't include Big Buck contests as well.

Some 35 years ago, i was one of 2 or 3 guys that got a small group of friends started in a end of the year get together where we "scored" our bucks with the best bucks owners splitting a small entry fee. It has now grown to the point of a huge family BBQ gathering and they rent a big shooting facility to house the festivities.

In the last few years, the Fish and Wildlife Dept has had much interest in the goings on of the event and their threats of shutting it done completely, can't be ignored.

I can live with the no coyote contest law but like others imply, it's just another nail on the coffin.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I can understand the frustration from you that live in Cali. California has rich and diverse habitats and wildlife. A true wonder of the world. However, the need to "love it to death" will do just that. As the attitude that wildlife is viewed primarily as a caricature, something only to be taken in through television and wind shields prevails, you will continue to lose the most primitive and important element of the natural exchange. This attitude will continue to spread inward and unfortunately throughout America, unless sportsman act aggressively.

I have entered the Adin Coyote Drive every year they've had it except for one. I've won it once and won second three or four times. I don't shoot the coyotes on our ranch or the neighboring ranch all year except for the two days during the contest. Now that there won't be a contest I'll be shooting them year round. There will be many more coyotes hitting the deck around here now than before. The antis have just pissed me off with this law and the coyotes are gonna be the ones to pay.

Keep it up Dan. I am 5th generation here....Cali Cattle Country. Having said that, it is not just here anymore. Was in AZ on some sheep hunts last week......Scottsdale paper is pandering for more wolves to be imported. The last great Red state has now gone blue......voting will show that in a year or so. Say what you want....population centers in all of these great hunting states are getting more quiet control every day.

So, I am with PC & Dan......just shoot em!!

>I am kind of surprised that
>the Ban didn't include Big
>Buck contests as well.
>
>Some 35 years ago, i was
>one of 2 or 3
>guys that got a small
>group of friends started in
>a end of the year
>get together where we "scored"
>our bucks with the best
>bucks owners splitting a small
>entry fee. It has now
>grown to the point of
>a huge family BBQ gathering
>and they rent a big
>shooting facility to house the
>festivities.
>
>In the last few years, the
>Fish and Wildlife Dept has
>had much interest in the
>goings on of the event
>and their threats of shutting
>it done completely, can't be
>ignored.
>
>I can live with the no
>coyote contest law but like
>others imply, it's just another
>nail on the coffin.
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

I AGREE, ONLY A MATTER OF TIME AND THE BIG BUCK AND ANY OTHER CONTEST WILL BE STOPPED TO IN THAT STATE.....

ASB - How did the sheep hunts go? I spent 18 days last year trying to get a friend a ram with a bow in a unit I shot my ram in. May 100's of lambs, September a couple of lambs. It is amazing how many are picked off by the predators. Mostly birds of prey and cats. Found a dead lamb on the hunt that had just been cat killed.

Dan, saw some large rams for sure. I don't have permission to post pics.....I will leave it up to the hunters if they desire. While I was there, they took one good enough to be the second largest in the unit (largest in 65 yrs). The other ram will be a unit record by a lot & could be the largest desert ram taken in AZ this year. Epic trip.

The AZ Republic has been doing articles in heavy support of the wolves & predators in general. They are also promoting "support wolves" type events all over the Phoenix valley. Unfortunately it is happening to a lot of other places as well. Us from CA have to always hear BS that it's "export" people from CA that are initiating this type of propaganda. The reality is most urban areas have "native" to their state people there that are just coming out of the shadows because it's now PC.

I for one will do my part in doing as many fur hunts as I can.

I agree, I live in Boise now. Lived in Cali for a long time. The attitude is an urban one. Basically, the farther removed from nature, the more "unnatural" hunting becomes. There are anti-hunters here and everywhere...

I may have gotten a picture from one of my AZ friends of a ram you speak of. I got a couple pictures of a BIG ram. Wonder if it is one of the rams you were in on.

I hunted unit 6A archery for elk this year. Missed a big one. :(

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom