Predator hunting and Mountain lions

R

RV

How common is it to have lions come into predator calls. I predator hunt by myself but other posts got me thinking that maybe this is not a wise idea. It seems like an electric caller would be a little safer because the speaker can be set a ways from the hunter. I have never called in a lion while predator hunting has anyone else?

I cant speak for Cali, but up in Wa,state thats the best way to get your lion sep- nov, dec - march dogs are used. i have talked to alot of guys up here who use the electric calls, and have been succesfull in harvesting lions every year.

I had one come in while calling yotes. This was just out of Susanville off of HWY 139 on Antelope Mountain ( the mountain at the top of the grade going out of Susanville with the antennas on it) Had a foot or so of fresh snow on the ground. Never knew it was there until I was on my way out. The cat had come in the same way I had and had sat and watched me from behind. Funny thing is I had that feeling something wasn't right the whole time I was calling. I knew I was being watched. Kinda erie!

Norkal

INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!

That is what I was wondering about. I might try to find a hunting partner when coyote huting.

I'm in southern Ca and have had 2 cats come to the calls this last season, one came in downwind and jumped onto the rock my buddy was sitting under, he instantly became the whitest white man I know

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom