Preference Point Option

1080LelooCly

What happens to the PP money you submit on a successful application that included buying the preference point option? As I understand it, you can't gain a point and also draw a permit in the same year. If you're unsuccessful, they deduct the cost of the PP and refund the balance, and your PP total increases by one point.

I've not drawn a Wyoming tag when I've applied with the PP option marked, and I can't seem to find anything that says if you get the PPO money refunded if you are successful, or not.

If you apply and don't check the PP option, can you then buy points after the draw results are known? Or, is that option only available if you don't apply for the draw?

Thanks for any clarification you might have on this...

If you draw the tag you will get PP money refunded to you. I did this last year. I assume you can buy points in the PP only application even if you did attempt to draw a tag in the earlier draw but I haven't tried this so I don't know for sure.

Thanks a million for the info-it's good news! I have a slug of points in Wyoming, but haven't drawn a tag since they went to the new system. I was beginning to think that the PPO dollars were going to be a donation if I ever did draw out... I'll look further into the other scenario and see what a guy can do about buying points after submitting an unsuccessful app. Thanks again, good luck in the coming drawings.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom