Preference points for a group? Average up or down?

ThunderBall

If I have 3 points and put in with a person who has 4, (so a 3.5 average) . Does the system round it up or down for the drawing?

Any response appreciated,

Or to simplify your question so there is no gray area, you have 0 points, your buddy has 10, you put in as a group you're group has 0 points.

There is no average, As fallguy says it goes off the lowest points in the group, and brings everyone to that level no mater how many accumulated points the group has as a whole.

If I have 3 points and put in with a person who has 4, (so a 3.5 average) . Does the system round it up or down for the drawing?

Any response appreciated,
What State?
In Utah your groups total points are averaged and then rounded down to nearest whole number.
In your scenario you and your other person would both be entered in as having 3,not 3.5, points.
I hope this helps?

CPW encourages high point holders to join low point holders on applications as a tactic to slow down point creep ----- ha ha just kidding.

Thunderball - Have your buddy draw the tag and go help him on his hunt and he join you a few years later when you draw the tag.

From all the information I have been able to gather on multiple states in the past 8 years party hunting tanks your odds of drawing unless you are a 0-1 point holder partnering with a high point holder. I have since stopped and had to tell several family members no. Party applications feel like a scam sold by the states to get an app fee that will hardly draw a tag. Just my two cents.

From all the information I have been able to gather on multiple states in the past 8 years party hunting tanks your odds of drawing unless you are a 0-1 point holder partnering with a high point holder. I have since stopped and had to tell several family members no. Party applications feel like a scam sold by the states to get an app fee that will hardly draw a tag. Just my two cents.
We have stopped applying as party unless it is a out of state hunt and we want to hunt together. In my home state of Wyoming we all apply separately to increase odds of someone drawing a decent tag.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom