Preliminary big game proposals posted on web

S

Salmonfg

Preliminary proposals for 2009 big game seasons (deer, elk, pronghorn, bear, and lion) are now on the IDFG web site at http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/public/. From the main page, the link is through the "comments/questions surveys" box at lower right. Comments can be entered directly at the regional proposal sections. Thanks in advance for taking time to look over proposals and provide input. Some regional public meetings started this week, more will occur next week.

Tom Keegan
IDFG Salmon Region Wildlife Manager

interesting looks like the elk and pronghorn archery opportunities are gonna start seeing some caps, not necessarily a bad thing though

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-09 AT 08:46AM (MST)[p]Glad to see 71 now has a shortend season by a week! Next move I would like to see is a 4 point or large restriction put on it and closing all the atv trails during hunting season.

I like some of the changes, I spend
the majority of my time in the
southeast, Why not make all units
controlled, not just unit 73.

The units are already seperated,
make a person pick a unit, and that
is all they can hunt, or block some
units, like give them 74 and 75, or
77 and 78.

"just my 2 cents"

Those are pretty interesting statistics...Salmonfg, did you read the post about the anonymous Fish and Game email? Whats your thought as an officer about what needs to happen?

I neglected to mention that if you ask questions in the comment box and want a reply, you'll need to supply an e-mail address or other contact information. Otherwise there's no way for a manager to reply (because it is web based, the comments come to the regions as anonymous).

Tom Keegan
IDFG Salmon Region Wildlife Manager

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom