prescription glasses?

huntertj

I'll be taking a week long backpack trip in Sept. I wear contacts lenses, but I'm looking for a backup set of prescription glasses. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what type of lenses and frames to get that are suited or specific for the outdoors and hunting?

huntertj

dude,

if i were you i'd get a regular pair of glasses and wear them the whole time unless it rains/snows/gets really cold...those are the times when contacts come in handy.

or

get laser surgery so you won't need the glasses (yeah, i would too if i had the money)!

The laser surgery scares the hell out of me. I know it's quick and painless(mostly), but if they screw up and my vision got worse, or I went blind....I couldn't handle that.

huntertj

I just got new contacts for my Alaska trip. I got the Focus night & day, that are made to wear 30 days straight, without taking them out. I love them. I wake up in the middle of the night and can see everything. I also haven't had the problem of them drying out. They don't even feel like they're in, even when I'm sleeping. I highly recommend them.

huntertj,

yeah, i know a family whose mother is now blind thanks to a laser surgery gone bad...risky AND expensive.

good luck with your new glasses.

I have "thin and grey" which are thinner glass lenses that are photogrey lenses, which mean they turn dark in bright light. The glass doesn't scratch as easy as plastic, but they are thinner/lighter than regular glass.

Glasses are a bother in the rain though.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Hunting in glasses is a pain. I tried it for years. They slide down, get dirty, fog up, get in the way when looking through binos or spotter. Get the extended wear contacts and leave them in the whole time. Bring an extra set or two just in case. I would leave them in the sealed packages they come in and throw them in the pack.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom