President of Cal fish and game

silverstatehunter

It's stuff like this that sometimes it makes feel ashamed to admit that I live in California. What he did was legal... but the doesn't work for the PC police in my state. Get over it people.

WHAT A CAN OF WORMS THIS TURNED INTO, ITS HARD TO BELIEVE WHAT THE GENERAL PUBLIC THINKS OF HUNTING..... THE PUBLIC COMMENTS ARE STUNNING TO READ. I REALLY THOUGHT A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE NON HUNTING PUBLIC UNDERSTOOD THE MIND SET BEHIND THE SPORT....................GUESS NOT...........YD.

I saw his pic on the news,looked like a hugh tom.I hope his next pic will be that full mount cat in his house here in California, now that would piss those people off.

IS IT NOW LEGAL TO TRANSPORT THE CAT BACK INTO CALIFORNIA ??? AT ONE TIME I KNOW IT WAS NOT LEGAL............YD.

Who cares? He killed the tom leagaly. Nothing else should matter. Did he sign a realease that said he couldn't hunt in another state. I don't think so, this really upsets me.I'm proud that one of our commissoners was a true blue hunter. Maybe things are turning around. Wake up hunters! these sorry a--es need to be put in there place.

Thanks

Brownie

no,just for things like goverment BS,their was something about this not to long ago. Taws Taxidermy wrote something about this. WALT

So the gays can't come to CA to get married because it is illegal in thier state. What about Going to NV to drop some coins in a slot machine?

AMAZING public comments! Fuggin IDIOTS!

Mountain lions arent endangered blah blah now cougars on the other hand.....

I couldnt believe that comment. Its no wonder we cant hunt em here people are so detached from nature and facts they dont know the truth so they just believe what some hippie plick spouts.

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

I remember talking to the CA. Fish and game biologist that was responsible for transplanting wild turkeys in the my area of the county. He told me that he and other game dept. biologists had been pushing for years to open up more doe hunts for deer due to a buck-doe ratio of 50-1 does per a buck and balance the herds.

The game commission were reluctant to do so due to the flack they take from all the animal and anti hunting groups over shooting does. That picture of the moutain lion killed by the game commission president was posted on this site a while back. It was the one where he is holding it by it's chest and the lion is almost as big as he is.

RELH

Got this email today. I'm going to try and attend.

This is a cause to rally around!

By now, many of you have probably heard about the controversy associated with the Fish and Game Commission's new Chairman Dan Richards shooting a mountain lion (legally) in Idaho. You might want to read Ed Zieralski's article in the Sports section of today's San Diego Union-Tribune. The e-mail below from COHA is a call for people to attend the next meeting of the Fish and Game Commission (7 March in Riverside) to show support for Chairman Richards. As you can read below, those who are calling for his removal are expected to be out in force.

Please if you do nothing else this year to fight for our sporting heritage
in CA, plan to attend this meeting and bring your friends. Be there early
to sign up to speak at the public form, it is the first item on the agenda.

I am sending you an attachment for the next CA. Fish and Game Commission meeting to be held in Riverside - Mission Inn March 7th at 8:30 am.

I can not stress how important it is for all sportsmen to come out to this
meeting. In short, the anti's, in particular (Human Society of the United
States - HSUS) has once again mobilized to push one of the few hunters off
the (5 member) Fish and Game Commission - Dan Richards, because he legally took a Mt. Lion in ID. We anticipate they will be out in force, perhaps picketing the meeting. Please note, the lobbyist for HSUS was just
appointed to the Cal Tip board after HSUS made a donation the CA Dept. Fish and Game.

The commission needs to know that we buy licenses for fishing and hunting
and support the department, laws and habitat with our funds. If there is a
shift in the Fish and Game Commission we all will suffer for many many
years.

Please make this viral so that our voices will be heard.

Unless you CA hunters get behind Dan Richards, he is done. The anti's are pushing the legislature to can him before the commission meeting on Mar 7. You need to get everyone you can to send their support to Jerry Moonbeam Brown, their state senator and assemblyman. Here's the link to make your voice heard:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...QGEM4xjAQFspTWTLOX6O4e-RNAlYMycUOchNYcD5xbO7g

Going to the commission meeting, while important, is preaching to the choir. The legislature will trump any action of the commission. If you guys let the anti's win this fight, you can be sure Gov. Brown will appointment someone that is more sensitive to the needs of animal rights. When you e-mail Jerry Brown he has a drop down of topics you must choose from to communicate. Right at the top of the list is Animal Issues. There is no topic for hunting, fishing or game management.

Its up to you, not anybody else, to nip this in the bud. Take the time to lend your support and spread the word.

Thanks Sagebrush,

I sent them an email. We all need to band together on this one. Us hunters need to be more vocal on these kind of issues.

BC

Thanks Sagebrush,

I sent them an email. We all need to band together on this one. Us hunters need to be more vocal on these kind of issues.

BC

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-12 AT 06:03PM (MST)[p]Never even heard of Dan Richards before this happened. But the more I see, the more I like. He ain't backing down one bit. Proud of killing that cat, and not afraid to let everyone know.

Went to SFChronicle/SFGATE today to hear what the libs had to say. They are so misinformed, but they don't care because they only react to feelings.

One of them stated they wanted to see scientific evidence that lions have impact on big game. Someone posted a study done recently in Montana. Think he shut up????

HEII no!!!! Just came at the issue with another arguement, one that as little sense as his first. But a real hot topic, 275 posts as of about 1300 today.

It's funny how these tree hugging liberal's will fight for a animal,yet they approve abortion's and taking a human life.this State is a sinking ship.we have to make our vote count and voices herd NOW!! cowboy57

YEP, WE BETTER JOIN TOGETHER ON THIS DEAL AND HOPEFULLY SOME OF THE GUY'S IN OTHER STATE'S JUMP ON THIS TO. IT MADE ARE LOCAL PAPER THIS MORNING SECOND PAGE, OF COURSE THEY TWISTED IT AROUND, THE ARTICLE STARTS OFF, THE PHOTO SHOWS A HUNTER WITH A PROUD SMILE HOLDING A SLAIN, MAN SIZED MOUNTAIN LION IN A SNOWY WIDERNESS. I'LL TELL YOU WHAT THAT WORD "SLAIN" IS ALL IT TAKES FOR THESE CLOWNS TO START SH!T UP...RAS.

I guess they have forgotten how the Lady from Auburn CA. was killed by a lion,1 of three people and just a matter of time before a young child is killed.

When you click in that link in the original post, it takes you to an online petition geared toward pressuring the Governor to remove Commissioner Richards. It is amazing how many who signed the petition are from Europe. Tons of signatures with addresses from Germany, the UK and Switzerland.

So now, they are going to be considered for their opinions? Freaking ridiculous!

Let's all get behind Dan Richards and support him. WE vote, those liberal Europeans don't, and Jerry Brown needs to hear our voices loud and clear.

I DON'T CLAIM TO BE A QUITER OR A LOSER, EVEN THOUGH I'VE HAD THOUGHT'S OF GETTING THE HELL OUT OF CALI, BUT I THINK BACK IN THE PAST OF THE GOOD LIFE I'VE HAD, I'M NOT GOING TO RUN LIKE A COYOTE GETTING SHOT AT ON A OPEN HILLSIDE I'M GOING TO RAISE SOME HELL ON THIS ISSUE AND PUT UP A FIGHT..RAS

>
> I guess they have
>forgotten how the Lady from
>Auburn CA. was killed by
>a lion,1 of three people
>and just a matter of
>time before a young child
>is killed.

A while back there was a child either killed or malled badly (can't remember) in the clevland national forest at the casper camp ground in CA.

>I DON'T CLAIM TO BE A
>QUITER OR A LOSER, EVEN
>THOUGH I'VE HAD THOUGHT'S OF
>GETTING THE HELL OUT OF
>CALI, BUT I THINK BACK
>IN THE PAST OF THE
>GOOD LIFE I'VE HAD, I'M
>NOT GOING TO RUN LIKE
>A COYOTE GETTING SHOT AT
>ON A OPEN HILLSIDE I'M
>GOING TO RAISE SOME HELL
>ON THIS ISSUE AND PUT
>UP A FIGHT..RAS

There's alot more issues other than just the hunting, why I want to leave Califorina, I lived in this state all my life and it's just plain screwed up beyond repair anyway you look at it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom