Prime Bows

H

hntmaster24

Just curious to hear what you guys think about Prime Bows. Anyone on here shoot prime?

Love mine.
I have the Defy. Went to that from an already great Hoyt Alphamax. It's quiet. Awesome draw cycle and back wall. Not wicked fast, but very accurate. Happy with the choice.

>>>---->
For the love of the game

I shoot one and love it. I have had many of the top name bows in the past, and Prime was my choice over them. It is very accurate and easy to shoot. Go shoot the new line and they will sell themselves. Top shelf product!

}}-SLIVER-->

I have the Impact and absolutely love it...... Can't say enough good about it. I agree with Sliver, go shoot em and you'll be hooked!
redelkarcher>>>------------------>

I have the Shift love this bow, very accurate solid back wall very quiet. I shot Mathews, hoyt then picked up a Prime and was sold. Great strings just a little costly to replace.

Actually prime will send you replacement strings and cables for the bow every 2 years for free! So the strings cost nothing except the cost to have your dealer throw them on.

}-SLIVER-->

Silver, you are correct just make sure you register the bow. Funny you bring that up I was in a local archery shop who sell PSE and Hoyt, I was buying a case for my Prime, he told me he won't carry Prime cause it costs $200 to replace strings, I told him about warranty but he seemed unconvinced. Going to try the Alloy next week in a different shop LoL

There strings should be replaced every year. I have a prime, carbon matrix and a carbon spyder on order now. But who is gonna keep them for 2 years. Isn't the fun of having bows getting new ones all the time?

Love my Alloy! Ive bowhunted for 26yrs and never owned a new outta the box bow. Shot my friends one weekend and went down to wild arrow for a new one. Smooth, great draw, shoots great!

Killed a deer and an elk last year with the Impact.

Picked up the Alloy this year and shot an antelope and a deer already with it.

Love em! Smooth draw and a solid back wall.

Prime Alloy
Easton FMJ 340
Sure Loc Single pin
TEAM RAMROD

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-14 AT 10:10PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-14 AT 10:07?PM (MST)

I love mine!

8697img_2797.jpg

They are great bows however they have one flaw. The cams are made of tin foil. If?its?tied on your pack and you set your pack down you risk bent cams or total derailment of the string. Guys also like to pinch your cams togther when the see your bow with their fingers. The shops are always fixing them but If I had the money i think id still shoot one. Love the way they aim and shoot.

Why is this site the worst out for browsing with
a phone or posting with a phone?

I had a centroid for the past two years and never, never got comfortable with it. I always felt "off". I still killed an elk a moose and a deer with it in those two years, but never felt confident with it.

This year I bought a Bear Agenda 6 and it shoots lights out. Love it.

I have shot Hoyt for 22 years consecutive and in 2014 I bought a Prime Defy. I closed my eyes to my Pig headed Brand Love and shot the bow and Loved the feel so I bought it. I truly enjoy the way the bow feels, Shoots and it is very tough. Like the others have mentioned in the Previous comments above they offer free string replacement every two years. I personally put different strings on shortly after I get my bows. One-the Factory strings are not the best IMO and like stated above someone was having to have they're Prime tuned all the time is due to the factory strings. If you install a solid set of aftermarket strings you wont be having any tuning issues.One thing that is great about the Prime bows is the Main string is so short you will not have Peep rotation issues like on most bows. As far as the cam system they have the option built in to adjust the let off from 70 to 80% let off and they are tougher than stated above. A friend of mine had someone close a garage door on his cam, yes it bent but he being crazy shot it like that for a week until new cams came in and he never once derailed a string. Prime Builds their risers out of a 7000 series Aluminum which is a fair amount stronger than the 6000 series Aluminum that most all other bows are made of. I just got the New 2015 Prime ION in Jan and its lighter than my Defy by 1/2 a pound and has Primes new Flexis Roller cable guide system on it which is awesome and has the ability to adjust your cam to From 70 to 85% let off. As per the guy at the Archery shop complaining that he wont carry a bow that the company only offers Free string replacement every two years is a head scratching comment to me. What other bow company offers any kind of string replacement program what so ever?? Yes my thoughts are I shoot my bow so much year round I could never get a set of strings to last two years but I would say the bigger percentage of shooters could make it happen. At any rate there is my opinion on Prime bows. BTW if anyone is looking for a good deal on a Prime Defy mine is for sale here in the classified section. check it out. $550 plus shipping. Good luck to you all and happy Hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom