Primer trade?

Live4MtnHunts

Anyone willing to trade for a brick (1,000) of CCI #200 primers? I need a brick of large rifle magnum primers. Looking for CCI or Federal. I also have CCI large rifle BR-2 primers that I'd be willing to trade for Federal Match Large rifle magnum primers.

I'm located just south of Caste Rock, Colorado. I'd prefer not to ship given the additional costs.

thanks for any interest....

I appreciate the offer and wish I could make it work. I think for the gas money I could afford to buy them off Gun Broker....haha.

THAT'S the problem!
Guys (a-holes) buy them and jack the price up on the internet. Then the retailers see the outrageous prices and raise their prices too! BR2's and 4's are now $165 at some retailers....which is about $100 more than they should be.
They have us over a barrel, boys!
This reloading shortage thing sucks and has to be an orchestrated effort to thwart us!

Anyone have any N570 by VihtaVouri?

Zeke

Last edited:
I was desperate for Fed 209a primers this year for a LE hunt and had to pay $245 for a brick. That included shipping and hazmat. I'm probably good now for the next 10 years!

I was desperate for Fed 209a primers this year for a LE hunt and had to pay $245 for a brick. That included shipping and hazmat. I'm probably good now for the next 10 years!
OUCH! See, that's what I mean. Damn pirates got to you, man, but you have the primers now!

Zeke

OUCH! See, that's what I mean. Damn pirates got to you, man, but you have the primers now!

Zeke
If you've spent much time in the shooting world buying ammo/reloading components in the last 30 years you would have learned to be stocked up by now and if you aren't then you've only yourself to blame.

Not counting the ammo shortages during WW2 we've been through all kinds of shortages starting with Bill Clinton in 1992. We had panic attacks and hoarding of primers in the early 90's because there was talk/rumors that the government was going to mandate that primer manufacturing be changed so that they had a shorter shelf life. We've gone through several .22lr shortages( panic buying). 2006-2007 we had a shortage of .380 acp ammo as well as .223 ammo. Most of the .223 shortage at that time was due to war efforts in Afghanistan. I had a handful of direct from the manufacturer Purchase orders that were written up in January/February at wholesalers shows with ship dates throughout the year. Most of those P.O.'s were cancelled because of shortages and increased pricing in metals which meant our stores had little to no ammo for sale

We had a huge shortage of hi-cap magazines for ten years thanks to the "Assault Weapons Ban". If you lived through that you remember the crazy prices. People would pay $80-$100 for a single glock mag if you could find someone willing to sale. Some harder to find mags sold for even more.

When I was twelve my Grandfather told me how hard it was to find enough ammo so he could hunt deer. 30-06 ammo was nowhere to be found and he claimed he scoured the state and wound up with half a dozen rounds that he had to make last for several years during the war. That story was the best thing he could have ever told me so that I could be prepared for times like these.
For years when people would come buy ammo I would always say if you plan to shoot one box then buy two. Whenever people would buy a new gun in the latest and greatest whizbang cartridge they would be advised to stock up on ammo/brass for that cartridge just in case it never took off or was abandoned by the manufacturer especially if it was a proprietary cartridge. How many new cartridges (last ten years) are nearly impossible to find now. Not a lot of people looked at the past to prepare for the future.

THAT'S the problem!
Guys (a-holes) buy them and jack the price up on the internet. Then the retailers see the outrageous prices and raise their prices too! BR2's and 4's are now $165 at some retailers....which is about $100 more than they should be.
They have us over a barrel, boys!
This reloading shortage thing sucks and has to be an orchestrated effort to thwart us!

Anyone have any N570 by VihtaVouri?

Zeke
Zeke you still looking for n570

have any of you loaded small capacity large rifle cartridges like 30-30 with large pistol primers??
If you do that be sure and use large pistol MAGNUM primers. People do it when that’s all they have. Work up your load and don’t use ball powder it’s harder to ignite.

If you've spent much time in the shooting world buying ammo/reloading components in the last 30 years you would have learned to be stocked up by now and if you aren't then you've only yourself to blame.

Not counting the ammo shortages during WW2 we've been through all kinds of shortages starting with Bill Clinton in 1992. We had panic attacks and hoarding of primers in the early 90's because there was talk/rumors that the government was going to mandate that primer manufacturing be changed so that they had a shorter shelf life. We've gone through several .22lr shortages( panic buying). 2006-2007 we had a shortage of .380 acp ammo as well as .223 ammo. Most of the .223 shortage at that time was due to war efforts in Afghanistan. I had a handful of direct from the manufacturer Purchase orders that were written up in January/February at wholesalers shows with ship dates throughout the year. Most of those P.O.'s were cancelled because of shortages and increased pricing in metals which meant our stores had little to no ammo for sale

We had a huge shortage of hi-cap magazines for ten years thanks to the "Assault Weapons Ban". If you lived through that you remember the crazy prices. People would pay $80-$100 for a single glock mag if you could find someone willing to sale. Some harder to find mags sold for even more.

When I was twelve my Grandfather told me how hard it was to find enough ammo so he could hunt deer. 30-06 ammo was nowhere to be found and he claimed he scoured the state and wound up with half a dozen rounds that he had to make last for several years during the war. That story was the best thing he could have ever told me so that I could be prepared for times like these.
For years when people would come buy ammo I would always say if you plan to shoot one box then buy two. Whenever people would buy a new gun in the latest and greatest whizbang cartridge they would be advised to stock up on ammo/brass for that cartridge just in case it never took off or was abandoned by the manufacturer especially if it was a proprietary cartridge. How many new cartridges (last ten years) are nearly impossible to find now. Not a lot of people looked at the past to prepare for the future.
What you described is why I started gathering supplies when Clinton was elected. I was looking at 1000 used .223 brass a couple days ago...a bit more .more money than I paid for 1000 rounds of white box .223.in the early 90s.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom