Primitive Weapon

cannonball

Very Active Member
With nothing better to do I pulled up muzzleloader YouTube videos. Here us what I found: The newest and best "legal hunting" muzzleloaders, and there are several of them along with many custom rifle companies, that will shoot as accurate as my Browning 270 rifle. Both the ML and my Browning will shoot usually at a little under 3000 FPS. I repeat BOTH TYPES OF GUN just under 3000 FPS. Now include a high power scope and is this what you call muzzleloading? I think we need a Primitive Weapon season. I think how it got this far out of control is just dumb.

Got out of control a long time ago.
I preferred when Primitive weapon hunts meant primitive weapons.
I have an in line, but prefer my old Thompson T/C's.

When we went to in-lines, they were basically single shot 30-30’s. Now with even more technology, they are single shot 338’s. It seems F&G depts are always playing catch up, and it is tough!!

And I Get Accused of Having Long Range SmokePoles!

My Guns aren't even in the Running of Some of the SmokePoles being Used today!

Has anyone else noticed that you can buy Blackhorn 209 if you live in Canada?
That is curious as hell to me!!!
Its made here in the US. Why is it we have a shortage & they don’t?
I have more than my fair share now, but it took me awhile to locate some.

One of the (many) things that I cannot understand, is the taking of a scoped, stainless, tupperware stocked muzzleloader to Africa. Here in the US, that rifle might get you another season or another opportunity.....but there? Yet I see that frequently on the videos. I hunt traditional, but alternate between flint and caplock. Still, I strongly support all my fellow front-stuffers, including the smokeless 3000fps variety........BK

Another of the driving forces behind muzzleloaders going to Africa is money people filling those SCI niches, and trying to kill higher ranking trophies than the "other" guy, and getting more awards!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom